Michael Gbinije and Nigeria basketball team qualify for Rio Olympics | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Michael Gbinije and Nigeria basketball team qualify for Rio Olympics

Congrats to Gbinije!!
Does this mean he rests his legs to the season starts? I imagine tryouts are next summer?
He could use a break :)

On a side note--I didn't realize Silent G has his degree. Good for the ole APR.

Yep he participated in the graduation ceremony with Cooney not that long ago.

Both great accomplishments. But this, a first time ever gold for Nigeria and an automatic Olympics bid? Big confidence boost for G. He contributed to a few key wins down the stretch, sounds like he played solid defense and was aggressive in the lane, knocked down the occasional three. Huge stage and he was the youngest on the team. We really need him to be assertive this year.

Of course he never said that.
He pretty much implied it was impossible for kids to learn 2 defenses in the practice time allotted. His argument would be more persuasive if year-in, year-out he had the right personnel package for the zone to be dominant. 2 out of every 3 years, give-or-take, the zone has personnel liabilities where the team could benefit from having a change-up strategy. I don't see why it's such a big deal to practice other looks when it's clear that the team lacks a shot-blocking presence or guards that lack the necessary anticipation.

He pretty much implied it was impossible for kids to learn 2 defenses in the practice time allotted. His argument would be more persuasive if year-in, year-out he had the right personnel package for the zone to be dominant. 2 out of every 3 years, give-or-take, the zone has personnel liabilities where the team could benefit from having a change-up strategy. I don't see why it's such a big deal to practice other looks when it's clear that the team lacks a shot-blocking presence or guards that lack the necessary anticipation.
A big part of the reason in some years (last!) is m2m tends to put players at a higher risk for fouls compared to zone. With a weak bench you don't want to go there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom