Michigan fans | Syracusefan.com

Michigan fans

NKR1978

Living Legend
Have to say I'm enjoying reading butt hurt Michigan fans on my Facebook, twitter and deadspin complaining about the calls. Namely the first half missed goal tend and the foul called on Trey Burke for what looked like a clean block.

They might have still beaten us, but they got every single close call at the end of our game including the "charge" on Triche that took away two potential points. Notwithstanding the "block" on MCW that gave them 3 points in the 1st half.

Heck, I'd be a little upset about the officiating to end the game if I were Michigan. That block was as clean as you can get - and something you dream about your entire life. And I thought the refs let Ville get even more 'hands on' at the end of the game.

Heck, I'd be a little upset about the officiating to end the game if I were Michigan. That block was as clean as you can get - and something you dream about your entire life. And I thought the refs let Ville get even more 'hands on' at the end of the game.

I completely agree. Michigan was hosed on some pretty huge calls. Hancock should have had a 4th foul that miraculously went to someone else. Officiating is horrible, I just find it funny that Michigan fans are whining given the many gifts they were given against us. We should have been the ones getting screwed last night.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

That block and the Michigan player getting jumped on by L-ville and no call, at the end of the game forcing the other Michigan player out of bounds. The ref's were so focused on making sure they got the Michigan playef for going out of bounds, they missed this! L-ville won and probably would winf 7 out of 10 with Mich, but overall the reffing in CBB sucks, if you run hard and foul a lot, you win.

LVFoul.jpg

Run hard foul a lot equals win. So sad but pretty true in Lvilles case all season just look at the number of ft's shot by the other team in their life losses in those games they got whistled more.

I would be too but how upset can they really be since they shouldn't have even been playing last night if not for the refs the game prior?

My brother and I were at the game. It was sweet seeing the Michigan fans feeling like the refs determined the outcome... karma at its finest. Especially after the smack talk we got after the semis.

We also talked to several Louisville fans who said they did not want to play the Orange again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Seems every 'Ville game I have seen this year has the refs calling the game one way then with 7 or 8 minutes to go totally changing how it is being called and letting it become a free for all.

Seems every 'Ville game I have seen this year has the refs calling the game one way then with 7 or 8 minutes to go totally changing how it is being called and letting it become a free for all.

Agree with this 100%, they definitely swallow there whistles late for Lville.

Agree with this 100%, they definitely swallow there whistles late for Lville.

It is this sort of stuff that makes colleges hoops maddening this year. Call the game however you care going to call but call it that way for the whole game. I understand last minute stuff but it seems this year with the Cardinals especially they have expanded that last minute to the last 7 or 8.

It is this sort of stuff that makes colleges hoops maddening this year. Call the game however you care going to call but call it that way for the whole game. I understand last minute stuff but it seems this year with the Cardinals especially they have expanded that last minute to the last 7 or 8.

The inconsistency between halves is just insane. Remember our Seton Hall game? It seemed very little called in the first half, then the second both teams were in the double bonus with 10 minutes to go. (I might be exaggerating, but that 2nd half was brutal)

Really the charge has to be reworked to favor the offensive player. That call is so subjective and is the source of so much controversy and rewards poor/dangerous defense.

Not sure why you guys are so thrilled with the Michigan fans being upset over the bad calls. We would be complaining too if that happened to us. They have some of the best fans for a big college imo. I've been to Ann Arbor several times and have always been very impressed with their fan behavior. Sure everyone has a few bad apples but their ratio of good to bad apples is one of the best. I was also at the game on Saturday and no one gave me a problem leaving the stadium.

Not sure why you guys are so thrilled with the Michigan fans being upset over the bad calls. We would be complaining too if that happened to us. They have some of the best fans for a big college imo. I've been to Ann Arbor several times and have always been very impressed with their fan behavior. Sure everyone has a few bad apples but their ratio of good to bad apples is one of the best. I was also at the game on Saturday and no one gave me a problem leaving the stadium.

http://mbd.s cout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2007&t=11452434 "Congrats refs you won the championship for Louisville"
http://mbd.s cout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2007&t=11452362 "Worst call I have ever seen in a Final Four"
http://mbd.s cout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2007&t=11447399 "So glad we beat Syracuse"

And my favorite:

http://mbd.s cout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2007&t=11447288 "Syracuse whine thread"

I'm feeling teeish today so had to give you your first "like"...

I still can't get their "It's great... to be... a Michigan Wolverine!!!" chant out of my head and it's been 3 days.

As we left the Georgia Dome Saturday night and walked up what seemed like 1,000 ramps, all their fans shouted this in unison the entire time.

Wearing orange, it was miserable.

No sympathy whatsoever for that team in regards to the calls. What goes around comes around.

I hear you Marsh, but I guess my real complaint is with the officiating in general. How could there by only 3 guys in the dome last night who didn't see that kick near the end? Or miss the fact that when teams play Louisville, they bring extra jerseys because they know their first unis are going to be torn to shreds from all the grabbing?

I hear you Marsh, but I guess my real complaint is with the officiating in general. How could there by only 3 guys in the dome last night who didn't see that kick near the end? Or miss the fact that when teams play Louisville, they bring extra jerseys because they know their first unis are going to be torn to shreds from all the grabbing?

As much as I hate the way they play you have to give Pitino credit. He rolls the dice and hopes that the officiating is consistent with what they have seen during the year. With Ware they had that one guy who could come off the bench and give them really solid minutes if the starting guards got in foul trouble. When he went down they really had to hope that the games were called similar. There was a point last night where the fouls could have been a concern but between Hancock making shots and
Behanan rebounding they were able to overcome it.

As much as I hate the way they play you have to give Pitino credit. He rolls the dice and hopes that the officiating is consistent with what they have seen during the year. With Ware they had that one guy who could come off the bench and give them really solid minutes if the starting guards got in foul trouble. When he went down they really had to hope that the games were called similar. There was a point last night where the fouls could have been a concern but between Hancock making shots and
Behanan rebounding they were able to overcome it.

Agreed. I still have no idea why Michigan didn't go right at Behanan in the second half. All he does is foul. They could have had him on the bench instead of making the big plays.

Really the charge has to be reworked to favor the offensive player. That call is so subjective and is the source of so much controversy and rewards poor/dangerous defense.
The rule is written pretty clearly (as is the case with pretty much every foul). It is the officiating that needs to be changed. It used to be "when in doubt, it's a blocking foul".

Refs were inconsistent both ways. Hardaway pushed off every time he dribbled the ball up the court. McGary was all over our post players all game. Behanan got mugged by 4 defenders under the basket at the end. Michigan got screwed a few times as well but I think it evened out in the end.

It's called schadenfreude. It is a very common human reaction.

Refs were inconsistent both ways. Hardaway pushed off every time he dribbled the ball up the court. McGary was all over our post players all game. Behanan got mugged by 4 defenders under the basket at the end. Michigan got screwed a few times as well but I think it evened out in the end.
McGary is a goon. So is Behanan. Hardaway pushed off because you have to push off against Louisville because they invade your space and the refs rarely call fouls against on-the-ball defenders anymore for bumping and clutching. Pitino relies on this fact - he's said as much publicly.

Those push offs were pretty blatant and McGary gets away with quite a bit. You got called for more fouls, but you guys foul on almost every play. At least your players aren't as obnoxious about it as Craft. I'm sure we got away with a lot in our game against Michigan, but they got all the "controversial" calls at the end just like you did last night. And for better or worse, that's what people remember. Given that the Michigan board contains a thread specifically for Syracuse fans to whine about the horrible calls, it's funny to see them cry over some questionable calls. It's quite poetic. And your fan(s) in that thread kind of suck too on their S board.

Regardless, congratulations on an amazing season. Seriously, you guys are living a dream right now. Only Florida back when they won the BCS and NCAA tournament in the same year beats what you have this year. And good luck tonight, while I like Geno a lot and expect them to win by 20, it would absolutely kill ucon fans for another school to get the double basketball championship.

And here's something just for fun

11850625-large.jpg

I didn't watch the game last night so no real grounds for comparison but I would believe it given what we saw 2 nights prior. Hardaway has a stiff arm reminiscent of LaDanian Tomlinson, and McGary is effectively a more talented Marquette style big.
Gen-Y-Career-Coach-e1328018393532.jpg

Congrats on the win by the way. Was hoping you'd get it done since we didn't get another shot at you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom