Michigan State road record was 4-11 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Michigan State road record was 4-11

I am pretty sure just 1 or 2 games during the season would have made the difference. If Rhode Island bowed out of the A-10 early there was literally no alternatives left and we would have likely made it as is. In the end we needed to win an ACC game

Don't believe everything JB says to the exact word - there is always some context behind those words. We all knew the NIT was quite a possibility a few week ago, but I doubt he was told "your team will be in the NIT". Say he was told you guys probably need to win a good game in the ACC to avoid the NIT. That was not inaccurate or a conspiracy based statement, but probably communicated in a certain way by JB after the fact.

In that same presser he said UNC Greensboro should be a 5/6 seed which is totally ridiculous. And he knows it's ridiculous as well.

Spot on.

We lost to four teams with losing records this year.

Clearly the biggest issue was our scheduling.
Actually...5...don't forget Pitt.
Lost to 5 sub .500 teams...only 2 road wins...and still had a chance to get in if we'd beaten Miami.

We can argue we should have been in instead of Wake or USC or MSU or maybe even Vanderbilt.
But we're not in.
And it's the Orange's own fault.
Arguing about it seems pointless.
The Orange just didn't take care of their business...regardless of what any other team did or didn't do.

Actually...5...don't forget Pitt.
Lost to 5 sub .500 teams...only 2 road wins...and still had a chance to get in if we'd beaten Miami.

We can argue we should have been in instead of Wake or USC or MSU or maybe even Vanderbilt.
But we're not in.
And it's the Orange's own fault.
Arguing about it seems pointless.
The Orange just didn't take care of their business...regardless of what any other team did or didn't do.

Your right. Pitt did too.

We really have no room to complain about ANY team getting in over us.

What's worse in my opinion, is that I think just the opposite - I don't think there is ANY guarantee that if we won any of those games that it would have even made a difference. There is no consistent standard nor specific qualifications to be able to know what gets one team in vs another team. We can only assume the rationale but we also know that it could change year to year, case by case, without anyone's knowledge.

I agree. I thought one more win would've given us a bid but I've changed my mind. The argument against SU being in the tournament would've basically been the same and the Committee would've happily made it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom