Might be blasphemous, but I like this UM team | Syracusefan.com

Might be blasphemous, but I like this UM team

nyucuse

2nd String
Obvious benefit if Zona goes down...but also man, McGary, is what we need DC2 to be. Still feel McGary's block on Dirty early in the first half changed the complexion of the entire game. Aggressive, intimidating. Got in Dirty's head and he simply couldn't get going all day...

Last edited:
McGary, what we need DC2 to be. Still feel McGary's block on Dirty early in the first half changed the complexion of the entire game. Aggressive, intimidating. Got in Dirty's head and he simply couldn't get going all day...

I'd love DC to be McGary but he's never going to be that skilled. I'm not sure he ever had that upside. The big question is whether Coleman can learn to carve space and use his body better. McGary is a better athlete than DC. He can jump and has great hands. I'm convinced DC put up huge #s because he was able to bull his weigh through inferior high school competition. He's worked hard on his body, but still has no lift or any clue how to carve out space.

nyucuse said:
Obvious benefit if Zona goes down...but also man, McGary, is what we need DC2 to be. Still feel McGary's block on Dirty early in the first half changed the complexion of the entire game. Aggressive, intimidating. Got in Dirty's head and he simply couldn't get going all day...

Mcgary is head and shoulders better than dc. If he was on par we would lose a game

Can't hate Michigan because we forgot to bring our offense to Atlanta.

Mcgary is head and shoulders better than dc. If he was on par we would lose a game
Can't disagree that McGary is better. Not close right now. But DC2 has the makeup and potential to be similar - neither is a great athlete, similar size. DC needs to learn to play the game along the lines of how McGary does...

Can't hate Michigan because we forgot to bring our offense to Atlanta.
McGary stuffing Dirty's shite played a big part in that IMO. Dirty, for all his virtues, was never a consistent take over type with endless confidence... That play ruined him for the day.

McGary stuffing Dirty's shite played a big part in that IMO. Dirty, for all his virtues, was never a consistent take over type with endless confidence... That play ruined him for the day.
I think dirty found himself late. Got the dunk, then hit a 3. I wanted Bt to give him the ball before he got called for the charge.

Can't disagree that McGary is better. Not close right now. But DC2 has the makeup and potential to be similar - neither is a great athlete, similar size. DC needs to learn to play the game along the lines of how McGary does...

I think McGary's like 6'11" - about 3 inches taller than Coleman.

McGary is a much better athlete. I think he doesn't get enough credit for his athleticism because he's white. He's a much better athlete than DC and it's not that close.

McGary is a much better athlete. I think he doesn't get enough credit for his athleticism because he's white. He's a much better athlete than DC and it's not that close.
Disagree, solid athlete, but can't jump. Probably a bit better laterally.

McGary also has OK handle for someone that big..DC doesn't

I'm looking at Arizona this game thinking this is what our bigs should be. LaVert for Michigan though looks like a SU type of player.

Might be blasphemous? Dude, I'm still paying off like 9 steak dinners I owe to various Michigan alums from our game with them.

They suck, I hate 'em. They're dead to me.