Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

Wow. That would be great for Mike. You can learn a lot from Larry Brown.
(No snide comments, please. He was a great coach.)
He got Kansas put on probation. I can't imagine that happening to Self KU. Times have changed.

i thoguht he had some pretty severe health stuff?

He got Kansas put on probation. I can't imagine that happening to Self KU. Times have changed.

Yes, he did. How many other terrific coaches have been?

Boeheim, Pitino, Calipari, Calhoun (Nate Miles recruitment), Jerry Tarkanian, Jim O'Brien, Bruce Pearl, Kelvin Sampson; I mean, there are so many.

It’s a great move to add an all time great and it’s not like Brown is a candidate to replace him it’s also way too late in the summer to add a recruiter and improve the roster.

He probably just wants to go to one of the sold out Dead and Company shows at the Gorge in Washington. Hop can probably get him in.
I gave up my dead and co tix after that horrendous jazz fest show and no billy. Ran into Bill the drummer the other night in Kauai and he seems so happy. Dead and Co is probably right about the right tempo for 82 year old Larry Brown.

I gave up my dead and co tix after that horrendous jazz fest show and no billy. Ran into Bill the drummer the other night in Kauai and he seems so happy. Dead and Co is probably right about the right tempo for 82 year old Larry Brown.
Not sure if you have seen this documentary, but if you are a fan of Kruetzmann or just admire drummers, but this is a must watch.

Great move by Hop. His offense needs an identity.

That’s the kind of staff I could have fully supported here….but I’m very happy with the beginning of Red’s tenure.
Huge power move for MH.

He's on the chopping block -- have to do whatever it takes to turn things around.
Wow. Go Hop. He’s doing everything he can to save his job. I’m rooting for him.

Are we serious right now? I’ve always thought he was a trash HC. So stubborn and so old school. You saw the results when he led the olympic team.

The Larry Brown move reminds me a bit of Dino bringing on Rocky Long. Short term deal to try and really right the shape with a legend at the tail end of their career. I love it, personally.

Are we serious right now? I’ve always thought he was a trash HC. So stubborn and so old school. You saw the results when he led the olympic team.

That's a pretty odd take.

Guy has been a major success across multiple levels. Won both a collegiate National Championship and an NBA championship.

Trash?

That's because he never trusted the kids as much as he trusted veterans.

Problem was, those "kids" were LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade.

Problem was, those "kids" were LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade.
Bosh wasn't a part of that team, was he?

And it was a bigger problem than just that. The program hadn't yet been revamped with the year to year buy in from the players like Colangelo and coach K demanded from the guys that were going to participate, and we just picked a bunch of big names without considering how the pieces would complement each other. We were still thinking we could just send our pros and spank the world. The talent on the team should have been good enough. The vets weren't scrubs, but we lacked shooters.

Bosh wasn't a part of that team, was he?

He was. So was a young Chris Paul.

But he played guys like Elton Brand, Brad Miller, Shane Battier and Antwan Jamison.

Edit: Maybe that was the FIFA world championship a couple years later. Sorry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom