Class of 2015 - Milford possibilites | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Milford possibilites

Sydney Gopre is a January enrollee to but i think unless the wheels come off he's bound for buttgers.

That's the way it sounds, but stranger things have happened.

they usually sit right by me in sec.128 almost every game over the years. they usually bring about 10-15 players at a pop.

I know Blessuan "Bless" Austin and the kid is an ATHLETE

Played a lot of QB out of necessity in HS but he's a legit DB. Starting for Milford and had a pick 6 last week for them

He's a Brooklyn kid who moved to Queens which prevented him from attending one of the City football Powerhouses. Just missed qualifying but he's a hard working and likable kid.

Shawn Brown Sep 27
There was some concern amongst #Rutgers fans after news of 'Cuse visit but LB Commit Sid Gopre is solid, expected for Tulane game 2day.

Austin looks like a really good, physical cover man. To say we can use one of those is an understatement

Why would we not be interested especially if the kid is talented and is truly timed at the 40 yard at 4.38 seconds? We need speed in the secondary! Does the staff still have relationships at Milford?

Did anyone send to staff?

Why would we not be interested especially if the kid is talented and is truly timed at the 40 yard at 4.38 seconds? We need speed in the secondary! Does the staff still have relationships at Milford?

Did anyone send to staff?
I'm sure the staff still has a strong relationship with Milford. Rhetorical - If not, why would Milford bring so many kids to the Dome for a game? Also, why would we direct KJ there if we didn't?

What happened with that Cappe kid from watertown?

Edit- I see he went to Jersey Coast for a bit. No clue where he is now.

Last edited:
Blessuan Austin Milford DB (from Brooklyn & Queens) verballed to Rutgers today.

Dissapointed we didn't pull the trigger on this kid. He is a legit playmaker and I'm sure he'll do great for Rutgers.

For those who are scoring at home Rutgers now has taken 3 kids from NYC while Cuse has none.

Deonte Roberts LB Erasmus Hall
Kamaal Seymore OL/DL Grand St Campus
Bless Austin DB Campus Magnet / Milford

We haven't taken a NYC kid since Marrone left. Rutgers is officially taking over NYC

Dissapointed we didn't pull the trigger on this kid. He is a legit playmaker and I'm sure he'll do great for Rutgers.

For those who are scoring at home Rutgers now has taken 3 kids from NYC while Cuse has none.

We haven't taken a NYC kid since Marrone left. Rutgers is officially taking over NYC
But Cuse didn't offer, right?

Roberts had an offer from UCF.

Seymore and Austin had no other offers.

If NYC is producing prospects that we're not interested in at any time, then by all means Rutgers can have them.

I hate to say it but that is not the end of the world. I would rather have the kids we are getting from FL, GA, NC, and the Midwest.

BKCuse said:
don't we have 2 kids committed from downstate right now? Fredericks and Perkins?!

For those scoring at home Syracuse has taken the two best kids on Long Island and 2 kids from North Jersey that buttgers offered and don't be surprised if Cuse lands a couple of others.

No doubt we've moved back into NJ / Rut territory but SU puts a lot of effort into the NY's College Team schtick.

I'm very happy to get LI or Westchester/ LoHud Valley kids but I'm talking about the City.

NYC is an important place to build a pipeline because the amount of talent is increasing as the football culture in the 5 Boros grows. Marrone knew it and SS does too.

We haven't landed the big fish yet, Dominique Easley FLA/NE Pats, Ishaq Williams ND. Ebo Clemson, Thomas Holley FLA, Curtis Samuel OSU but that's because we weren't ready.

You can't blame a kid for picking those schools over our program espec the older guys. But there are more 4 star players coming and the more Rutgers moves into the city and the longer it goes w/o us taking anyone the harder it will be for us to land them

Taysir Mack is That Dude in the city next year. WR Grand St Campus Brooklyn. We offered in Sept but Rut offered over the summer.

Flood is making the city a priority just like Marrone did.

We need to get Mack the kid catches EVERYTHING

No doubt we've moved back into NJ / Rut territory but SU puts a lot of effort into the NY's College Team schtick.

I'm very happy to get LI or Westchester/ LoHud Valley kids but I'm talking about the City.

NYC is an important place to build a pipeline because the amount of talent is increasing as the football culture in the 5 Boros grows. Marrone knew it and SS does too.

We haven't landed the big fish yet, Dominique Easley FLA/NE Pats, Ishaq Williams ND. Ebo Clemson, Thomas Holley FLA, Curtis Samuel OSU but that's because we weren't ready.

You can't blame a kid for picking those schools over our program espec the older guys. But there are more 4 star players coming and the more Rutgers moves into the city and the longer it goes w/o us taking anyone the harder it will be for us to land them

Taysir Mack is That Dude in the city next year. WR Grand St Campus Brooklyn. We offered in Sept but Rut offered over the summer.

Flood is making the city a priority just like Marrone did.

We need to get Mack the kid catches EVERYTHING

The NY College Team marketing campaign has nothing to with recruiting. It was not designed and not promoted for recruiting.

NYC pipeline is garbage. City kids are hit or miss (City as in 5 burroughs). Marrone had way more flops than hits. We’ve had 5 hits in my estimation over the past 6 years (out of how many I haven’t counted). Bromley, Reddish, Morgan, Foy and Hunt.

I’ve followed recruiting for a long time and I will not lose sleep worrying about NYC recruiting. If we offer a City kid who decides on Buttgers over Syracuse then score one for them. I only pay attention to City kids who we offer though, and don’t consider losses for kids we don’t offer - period.

Flood is a City guy, coaching an hour away. It makes sense for him but I could care less because the numbers and talent don’t support the effort down there. Mack will not be playing at Buttgers.

The NY College Team marketing campaign has nothing to with recruiting. It was not designed and not promoted for recruiting.

NYC pipeline is garbage. City kids are hit or miss (City as in 5 burroughs). Marrone had way more flops than hits. We’ve had 5 hits in my estimation over the past 6 years (out of how many I haven’t counted). Bromley, Reddish, Morgan, Foy and Hunt.

I’ve followed recruiting for a long time and I will not lose sleep worrying about NYC recruiting. If we offer a City kid who decides on Buttgers over Syracuse then score one for them. I only pay attention to City kids who we offer though, and don’t consider losses for kids we don’t offer - period.

Flood is a City guy, coaching an hour away. It makes sense for him but I could care less because the numbers and talent don’t support the effort down there. Mack will not be playing at Buttgers.

I'm not even sure I'd put Morgan in the group of "hit". He hasn't done much at all, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom