minimal mention of Matt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

minimal mention of Matt

I love after he dunks, Matt comes down like an Olympic gymnast finishing their routine.

Rebecca+Tunney+Olympics+Day+2+Gymnastics+Artistic+YfqwLK5ZkP_l.jpg

i think part of the reason moyer had a huge game was because of frank, frank set him up perfectly with at least 3-4 dunks, but moyer goes in there the way our centers need too, to tear the rim off, none of these reverse layup crap, go up and dunk that

i think part of the reason moyer had a huge game was because of frank, frank set him up perfectly with at least 3-4 dunks, but moyer goes in there the way our centers need too, to tear the rim off, none of these reverse layup crap, go up and dunk that

Matt’s our only inside player who catches the ball cleanly and knows exactly what he’s going to do with it. The others have average hands at best and think too much when they catch it. I’ll chalk it up to inexperience and tentativeness for now.

Matt’s our only inside player who catches the ball cleanly and knows exactly what he’s going to do with it. The others have average hands at best and think too much when they catch it. I’ll chalk it up to inexperience and tentativeness for now.

i agree, franks setting him up nicely, but the other part of that like you said is moyer catching it clean and dunking it with authority, i think pascal and bournama need to do this more, seems to me they hesitate a bit (when they do catch it) and don't go up strong looking to put someone on a poster, def a strength of matt and a good way for him to contribute points

Good post. Matt had a solid under the radar game yesterday. I honestly think he is more effective against the larger players that we will most definitely see in the ACC than several of the teams we played so far. Several good comments above on some ways he could improve his game. One thing I would like to see him do is get his free throw shooting up to a higher level. The more he gets the ball inside, the more trips he will have to the free throw line. The best part is he will be here for 3 more years.

Youth b-ball all about traveling all over the place to play games, parents posting on Facebook about their kids 4th grade game with a score of 18-12. Lol. Lower the freakin rims and teach the basics and forget the games.

D1 kids have made a living, from day 1, of going by people and getting to the basket. They never needed a jump shot so no one cared about their form. And now we fast forward to college and boom...the shot looks like trash. I think I’ve read that you need like 10,000 reps to effectively change your mechanics shooting the ball.

Chukwu's hands have been an impressive surprise.
Not that he always can finish.
But he does seem to have good hands.

I have been probably overly critical of matt. Kid is coming off a year off. If he can be garbage man (bring energy and boards) then i am fine with that. Nice to him and marek play same game. Wish those two could develop just one reliable offensive move.

I think this team has good hands. OB for sure. Marek and PC too even if they do get stripped sometimes. I think we have better hands rebounding than I can remember in quite some time. Matt too.

Chukwu's hands have been an impressive surprise.
Not that he always can finish.
But he does seem to have good hands.
Chukwu should be leading the team in dunks, even with his lesser playing time. 7'2", should be able to touch the rim flat footed. Should be able to dunk from anywhere inside the rim arc. Like many his size, he has to learn to go up strong. Still, I pretty much like his game so far.
To me, Matt has showed improved confidence since the UCon game. Even when he gets pulled, his reaction is better.

I think this team has good hands. OB for sure. Marek and PC too even if they do get stripped sometimes. I think we have better hands rebounding than I can remember in quite some time. Matt too.

They have good hands for rebounding. But it just seems they bobble or don’t catch cleanly a lot of passes except for Moyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom