Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

Why is this horse being beaten? Does anyone have elderly parents? The guy is basically going to be with his mom and dad and have his dad's old job.

In that nomadic life that seems like a dream.
We will probably see about 60 or 70 more posts on the topic. I think his Tweet about being home said it all. Wish him the best and move on.

Last edited:
I don't think it was about the money after reading that. Thought he would be making more than that.
really, as a position coach? granted i have no idea, but I was thinking it was at least a 50% salary increase.

I don't think it was about the money after reading that. Thought he would be making more than that.
It was the Co-Coordinator title more than anything. Wish that could have been option here, as he's making less than half of the actual Minnesota DC.

really, as a position coach? granted i have no idea, but I was thinking it was at least a 50% salary increase.
I guess I maybe wasn't comparing it to the ACC. I follow Iowa because my dad went there and they only have 2 assistants making less than that. But maybe it was quite a raise from Syracuse. But I figured he would be making more since he was passing game coordinator here.

I don't think it was that high, but definitely an increase.

$400K is a nice annual salary -- hard to fault him for making that decision. Cost of living is higher in Minneapolis [where I live] than CNY, but he'd be living large here on that level of revenue.

Tough to criticize on that basis.

$400K is a nice annual salary -- hard to fault him for making that decision. Cost of living is higher in Minneapolis [where I live] than CNY, but he'd be living large here on that level of revenue.

I have no idea. Here is what I do know. Stanard lived in my neighborhood and the guy had very little time to spend whatever he made. Regularly gone before sunrise, regularly home at dark. I thought they get "time off" after the season. Nope, its constant travel for recruiting. I'd see him at airport on same early flights nearly every time I traveled. I mean maybe he got a few weeks off while I wasn't paying attention, but his calendar was nothing like I thought. and then summer camp leading up to season appeared to be the biggest grind of all.

i don't begrudge anyone. I'm the idiot spending 33 years with the same company.

So many thought it was about the money. Nope. Titles matter.

Nope. It wasn't the money

joke-stickfigure.gif

I have no idea. Here is what I do know. Stanard lived in my neighborhood and the guy had very little time to spend whatever he made. Regularly gone before sunrise, regularly home at dark. I thought they get "time off" after the season. Nope, its constant travel for recruiting. I'd see him at airport on same early flights nearly every time I traveled. I mean maybe he got a few weeks off while I wasn't paying attention, but his calendar was nothing like I thought. and then summer camp leading up to season appeared to be the biggest grind of all.
Easily 80 to 100 hour work weeks.

I respect you and everyone else on this site the fact remains that almost everyone felt that Nick left for a big pay day and the ability to go home. My feeling was that if he had been named dc at the same time that beck was named oc that he would have stayed. No joke

I respect you and everyone else on this site the fact remains that almost everyone felt that Nick left for a big pay day and the ability to go home. My feeling was that if he had been named dc at the same time that beck was named oc that he would have stayed. No joke

KCSU, I don't know what any of that has to do with the post I was responding to.

I suggest you reread, then see if you get the joke orangefog was making.

KCSU, I don't know what any of that has to do with the post I was responding to.

I suggest you reread, then see if you get the joke orangefog was making.
I'm sorry I did re read and I responded to the wrong post. Also, I did think that money had a lot to do with this and I also think that Long is a much better short-term solution than Nick. If Dino can win this coming season and if he stays vs taking another offer, we will be fine. Either way please accept my apology for the post.

We all have feelings. Someone on this thread spoke directly to him though.

And mark me down as someone who would greatly prefer Rocky Long as DC over Monroe.

Greatly.

lmao. Stop pretending like you know things and starting rumors. Monroe told me straight up it was about the opportunity for him and his wife to go back to Minnesota.
well, not doubting this but no (talking coaches) one ever says, "I did it for the money" when they do it for the money

well, not doubting this but no (talking coaches) one ever says, "I did it for the money" when they do it for the money

No, they would say something to the effect of "it was just do good a deal to turn down" and everyone is fine with it. Nobody would blame him for any reason even if the job was even in Texas. This was in his hometown where his parents still live

If the coach himself states it was a chance to move home that I had to take, well guess what that is most likely his #1 reason for leaving. Money is always part of any job. Should Monroe taken a lesser deal? taken a step back career wise? It was total win/win for Monroe and good for him

I think Monroe was very loyal to Dino and respected him obviously because he would not have stayed here that long otherwise, he had other offers over the years and this one was just too good to turn down for NUMEROUS reasons. Sure the $ was there but if Coach said it gives him a chance to move home then that was probably the #1 factor. Very rare would somebody get pursued by another place of employment and take less $? Now if the employee was looking to move then that is different.

I don't see what the issue is? There isn't some huge Dino conspiracy theory here or an epic failure by Dino. IT HAPPENS EVEYRDAY in all professions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom