Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota hiring Nick Monroe

Does this mean we still end up last in the ACC in recruiting?
And I’m curious what school you think we should be rated above? Where are the inherent advantages that you think Syracuse has where the best recruiters could surely exploit? Such a joke with this BS. Where is the talent rich area within 100 miles. You can’t sell flip phones when others are dealing with an iPhone 15. take a few weeks, try selling an inferior product and let me know how you make out. Bozo

such a Syracuse mentality! Why can’t we compete with NC St or UNC on the recruiting front! Go down there and look and let me know! You couldn’t do it either. Enough

Last edited:
The attrition already occurred...
Its less manageable without Nick. it’s usually him that has the late cycle Florida commits and transfer db’s (or honestly multiple other positions) to plug holes.

The attritions also not done.

We’ll see who the staff hires and what the next week holds. So far when there’s unexpected departures, the current programs made impactful hires.

Buzz Shaw told the fans to get a life when they were concerned about the program. Telling people who put money into the program to buzz off (no pun intended) is much bigger than this. You can tie that to the lack of interest the program has had for two decades outside of an opponent that comes to town.
If there is one person I can single out for the fall of our football program it’s that fool.

If there is one person I can single out for the fall of our football program it’s that fool.

was 30 years ago? Seriously Coach P and D caught lightning in a bottle and did great, Syracuse supports winners. The buzz shaw quote is so overrated, maybe 2 guys from mattydale and nerds on the internet got their nose out of joint but had nothing to do with the long term failure of the football program,

Its less manageable without Nick. it’s usually him that has the late cycle Florida commits and transfer db’s (or honestly multiple other positions) to plug holes.

We’ll see who the staff hires and what the next week holds. So far when there’s unexpected departures, the current programs made impactful hires.
I don't mean in that way.

And I’m curious what school you think we should be rated above? Where are the inherent advantages that you think Syracuse has where the best recruiters could surely exploit? Such a joke with this BS. Where is the talent rich area within 100 miles. You can’t sell flip phones when others are dealing with an iPhone 15. take a few weeks, try selling an inferior product and let me know how you make out. Bozo

such a Syracuse mentality! Why can’t we compete with NC St or UNC on the recruiting front! Go down there and look and let me know! You couldn’t do it either. Enough
Jimmy McGill could.

The last time we were relevant and not a laughing stock. When other schools used $ earned by the sports dept it went back into the sports dept not the university slush fund. It caused us to fall behind in facilities and the rest is history. So, yes, seriously.
I was told that the AD itself had $10M in the coffers when Gross got hired. Great where the floor on the Dome (that allegedly couldn’t be done) and the outdoor turf fields came from.

Neither are the adds. Puts and takes need to be evaluated in the aggregate.

There’s two sides to the ledger

Sad day.

Sincerely wish Monroe the best and I'll always root for the guy. He's a stand up great human. And sooo much swag. He contributed so much to this program and stayed here longer than we deserved to have him. We should all be thankful.

On the flipside, this is an opportunity. There are now two staff positions open that could both be filled with top notch recruiters. It would change the face of the program if we ponied up and went out and landed a few savages.

A simple, ” yes we will finish last” , would have done.

I have no problem with a coach leaving for a better opportunity. Where my problem lies is that Syracuse did not do it first. They needed to recognize what they had...

I think it’s amusing that just a few weeks ago we hired Long as DC and people thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Now not so much.
I mean I think they / I were under the impression he was going to be Nick's master sensei. Ya know, 'Big Daddy' if you will. In which case hell yeah brother sign me up for that. Now we have no daddy. We now have daddy issues

I think it’s amusing that just a few weeks ago we hired Long as DC and people thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Now not so much.
And my post to that was that now we need to make Nick the co-defensive or associate defensive and make sure he knows it is his job soon. I am happy about Long. But we needed to take care of Nick at the same time.

And now we are left with a 70 something year old meant to recruit 16-18 year olds. Where have I seen this play out before in a catastrophic way. Hmmmm. This is worst loss of the year in my mind

I remember when the Rutgers rumors were going on that they were headed to the Big Ten, Mike Francesa of WFAN always said his sources were telling him the Big Ten wanted Syracuse instead. So that was a long time ago but was real intetesting at the time. I always thought that culturally and geographically we were a better fit for the Big Ten rather than the southern-based ACC. But academically we didn’t have some kind of accreditation or designation that Big Ten schools must have. Someone in education or academia will know what that accreditation or designation is. I think it has something to do with research done at the schools.
Syracuse suffered a massive academic decline under Chancy Nancy. Lost research status (or something to that nature). That could be a real reason.

I would rather have Long as the DC. That’s an opportunity you can’t pass up. He can win us games himself. We just need to hire someone who can recruit .
Agree.

Sure you could have made Monroe co-dc but does that assure long comes?

Ideally Rocky coaches another 3-5 years. Gives him a chance to bring in at least one of “his guys” and cement the 3-3-5 into the cuse dna. I would sign up for that rather than take a flyer on Monroe as a new dc in a system he is still relatively inexperienced in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom