MLB postseason thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

MLB postseason thread

It's a short series, anything can happen. Cubs would be strongly favored over either AL team, I'd think.

I wonder if the Dodgers are the favorite in vegas. 3 of 5 at home, plus Hill and Kershaw will make 3 of those 5 starts.
Cubs are a slight favorite still in Vegas because of Arrieta's numbers against the Dodgers. Arrieta is 2-0 against LA with sub 1 ERA and last year threw a no hitter at Dodger Stadium.

Winner tonight will win the series. As I would expect the Dodgers would win either game 4 or 5 and have Kershaw for game 6.
If the Cubs win tonight they would have Arrieta for game 7.

I don't get why the Indians are starting Kluber on short rest when they are up 3-0. It is a dumb decision IMO unless he throws more sinkers and not as many fastballs.

I don't get why the Indians are starting Kluber on short rest when they are up 3-0. It is a dumb decision IMO unless he throws more sinkers and not as many fastballs.

If he pitches the way you suggest, that would make sense. Like the Yanks did with Tommy John, just keep rolling pancakes up there and letting Blue Jay hitters get themselves out. I also think they'd only expect 5, perhaps 6 innings at the outside with a low pitch count, given how successful their bull pen has been.

Cubs are a slight favorite still in Vegas because of Arrieta's numbers against the Dodgers. Arrieta is 2-0 against LA with sub 1 ERA and last year threw a no hitter at Dodger Stadium.

Winner tonight will win the series. As I would expect the Dodgers would win either game 4 or 5 and have Kershaw for game 6.

Is Kershaw scheduled for Game 6? I think he's going to go in Game 5 instead.

I think if the Dodgers win tonight, it's over. If the Cubs win, Cubs become the favorites but I won't feel comfortable without having a 3-1 lead going into Game 5.

Anyways, I decided to play it safe and just try to get tickets for Game 1, 6, AND 7 just in case.

I wouldn't start Kluber, but I think they just have no one else to start? I dunno, I'd hold him back for game 5/game 1 of the series.

Is Kershaw scheduled for Game 6? I think he's going to go in Game 5 instead.

I haven't seen the rotation, but I assume they'd come back with Maeda in game 5? (I believe Urias has game 4). Game 5 should be Thursday, so I don't think there's any need to bring Kershaw back in game 5? I guess the only reason you'd do that is so you have the option of bringing him out of the pen in a possible game 7.

I still want the Cubs to win the Series. And I want Pete Rose in the HOF. It's been long enough. All those steroid users for all those years did far greater damage to the game than anything Rose did. And Bud the AH Selig, who did absolutely nothing about them is being considered? That makes me want to vomit.

I think Cubs/Indians would be a heck of a series, two franchises looking to end long droughts, Franona/Epstein angle. Rose should be in the hof, but I have the feeling he isn't getting in till he passes away.

I wouldn't start Kluber, but I think they just have no one else to start? I dunno, I'd hold him back for game 5/game 1 of the series.

I haven't seen the rotation, but I assume they'd come back with Maeda in game 5? (I believe Urias has game 4). Game 5 should be Thursday, so I don't think there's any need to bring Kershaw back in game 5? I guess the only reason you'd do that is so you have the option of bringing him out of the pen in a possible game 7.

Oh right. I forgot that they're having Urias go for game 4 now. You guys are probably right.

Cleveland will get swept by Chicago. The only team that can beat the Cubs is the Dodgers.
I would go to game 1.

Cleveland doesn't have 3rd or 4th starting pitcher. Lackey would be the 2nd best SP on Cleveland and best pitcher on Toronto.

I couldn't possibly disagree more, The Indians with their pitching will at least win two games, the Dodgers can only beat the Cubs with Kershaw.

I couldn't possibly disagree more, The Indians with their pitching will at least win two games, the Dodgers can only beat the Cubs with Kershaw.

The Indians have like one starter at this point.

If Trevor Bauer can't pitch in the WS the Indians have Kluber, Tomlin, McAlister as their rotation. That is the worst WS rotation ever.

Kluber is going to finish top 3 AL Cy young.
Tomlin is a 5th starter. He gave up the most HR in the regular season.
McAlister is utter garbage.
If Cleveland had Salazar, Carcasso they would be favored over Chicago with their bullpen.

If the Cubs face Cleveland it will be over in 5 games tops. Chicago's SP would be insane over Cleveland.

Cleveland is having a Colorado 2007 run. They will get destroyed if it's Chicago. Cleveland could beat LA.

If Trevor Bauer can't pitch in the WS the Indians have Kluber, Tomlin, McAlister as their rotation. That is the worst WS rotation ever.

If Cleveland had Salazar, Carcasso they would be favored over Chicago with their bullpen.

If the Cubs face Cleveland it will be over in 5 games tops. Chicago's SP would be insane over Cleveland.

Cleveland is having a Colorado 2007 run. They will get destroyed if it's Chicago. Cleveland could beat LA.
I'll just remind you that in baseball, anything can happen in a short series. That's the beauty of the game.

The Cubs aren't hitting right now, the Indians haven't lost a game in the playoffs, it will be a great series.

Andrew Miller has become Mariano Rivera, I remember when he was a failed starter with the Marlins.

Either the Cleveland pitching was stellar, or the Toronto hitters made it easy for them, swing at the pitches they wanted rather than the ones they were thrown. I'm thinking 60-40 toward the latter, perhaps a little more.

Last edited:
Circumstances* have caused the Blue Jays to be eliminated - * losing 4 of 5 games

Either the Cleveland pitching was stellar, or the Toronto hitters made it easy for them, swing at the pitches they wanted rather than the ones they were thrown. I'm thinking 60-40 toward the latter, perhaps a little more.

They swung at some bad pitches, but the Cle bp was nasty, they pitched 22 innings this series. I would not bet against them in the Ws.

They swung at some bad pitches, but the Cle bp was nasty, they pitched 22 innings this series. I would not bet against them in the Ws.

I want the Cubbies, but I'll be happy for Cleveland if they pull it off. I'd cheer for the Russians over the Dodgers.

I'm getting tired of watching good pitching. Even when your guys win, it's still dull.

Gonzales was safe. It was close, but still amazing that they can screw that up with replay.

Blue Jays are acting classless towards Bauer. Look at the guys hand it's gushing with blood and they are cheering him hurt.

I was was waiting for an "ECW, ECW, ECW" chant to break out

Cleveland will get swept by Chicago. The only team that can beat the Cubs is the Dodgers.
I would go to game 1.

Cleveland doesn't have 3rd or 4th starting pitcher. Lackey would be the 2nd best SP on Cleveland and best pitcher on Toronto.

I think Cleveland has some of that Royals 2015/2016 formula going on. Get a lead after 6, game over.

upload_2016-10-19_21-57-40.jpeg

Blue Jays are acting classless towards Bauer. Look at the guys hand it's gushing with blood and they are cheering him hurt.

They're hockey fans. They like blood.

And Montgomery turns a double play into a two run single. <SMFH>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom