MLB postseason thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

MLB postseason thread

Gonzales was safe. It was close, but still amazing that they can screw that up with replay.

I agree it looked that way, but I also understand why the review official said there was not the conclusive proof required to overturn the call.

I agree it looked that way, but I also understand why the review official said there was not the conclusive proof required to overturn the call.

Yeah. But to me that wording is there as a copout if needed, and they took it. I say that with the technology available, just get the call right. He looked safe, call him safe.

Yeah. But to me that wording is there as a copout if needed, and they took it. I say that with the technology available, just get the call right. He looked safe, call him safe.

From what I saw he was safe, it was a bad call, but it probably won't factor in the outcome.

From what I saw he was safe, it was a bad call, but it probably won't factor in the outcome.

Not with the way it turned out. The Dodgers completely fell apart after that, and you have to be of stronger stuff this time of year.

Not with the way it turned out. The Dodgers completely fell apart after that, and you have to be of stronger stuff this time of year.

Gonzalez did sulk a bit, but I don't think that is why they fell apart, you have a 20 year old on the mound, and the Cubs bats were going to heat up eventually.

Gonzalez did sulk a bit, but I don't think that is why they fell apart, you have a 20 year old on the mound, and the Cubs bats were going to heat up eventually.

Dodgers had chances early and didn't capitalize(and had the call go against them), and really didn't make the plays tonight to help out Urias all game and the game got away from them. Baez came in and served up some meatballs that seemed to untrack the Cubs bats.

Dodgers were perfect in game 3, and bad tonight. Baseball is a funny game like that.

Dodgers had chances early and didn't capitalize(and had the call go against them), and really didn't make the plays tonight to help out Urias all game and the game got away from them. Baez came in and served up some meatballs that seemed to untrack the Cubs bats.

Dodgers were perfect in game 3, and bad tonight. Baseball is a funny game like that.

And they played Keystone Kops out in the field.

Dodgers aren't in a bad spot, they have Kershaw, all they need to do is get that game and take their chances in a game 7. If this series goes 7 the Cubs will be tighter than a drum, the anxiety surrounding Wrigley would be overwhelming.

Dodgers aren't in a bad spot, they have Kershaw, all they need to do is get that game and take their chances in a game 7. If this series goes 7 the Cubs will be tighter than a drum, the anxiety surrounding Wrigley would be overwhelming.

With Kershaw and Hill(who was outstanding yesterday) each having another start in them they are in good shape, provided they win Kershaw's next start.

I do think the question of whether you start Kershaw on short rest again in game 5 is a tough one. He was great on short rest last game, but realistically how many times can a guy do that in a certain time span? But if you throw Maeda and he sucks again(he's been shaky lately), you're on the brink of elimination.

And they played Keystone Kops out in the field.

Yup. Uncharacteristic too, as the defense is solid. So is the bullpen, and that's gotten rocked today too.

With Kershaw and Hill(who was outstanding yesterday) each having another start in them they are in good shape, provided they win Kershaw's next start.

I do think the question of whether you start Kershaw on short rest again in game 5 is a tough one. He was great on short rest last game, but realistically how many times can a guy do that in a certain time span? But if you throw Maeda and he sucks again(he's been shaky lately), you're on the brink of elimination.

I wouldn't roll the dice, let him pitch on normal rest.

Cubs need to jump all over Maeda tonight. He's given up 15 runs in his last 13.2 innings. I like Lester in this game. Hopefully the Cubs have their mojo back. Lose tonight and they'll have to defeat Kershaw and Hill to win it all. Both pitchers dominated the Cubs last time out. Win tonight, and you still have to face those pitchers, but you only need to beat one out of the two at home.

Cleveland will get swept by Chicago. The only team that can beat the Cubs is the Dodgers.
I would go to game 1.

Cleveland doesn't have 3rd or 4th starting pitcher. Lackey would be the 2nd best SP on Cleveland and best pitcher on Toronto.

Do you speak in absolutes all the time?

Cubs need to jump all over Maeda tonight. He's given up 15 runs in his last 13.2 innings. I like Lester in this game. Hopefully the Cubs have their mojo back. Lose tonight and they'll have to defeat Kershaw and Hill to win it all. Both pitchers dominated the Cubs last time out. Win tonight, and you still have to face those pitchers, but you only need to beat one out of the two at home.

Not rocket science but IMO, dodgers will be in a better spot to comeback from being down 3-2 than the Cubs. Kershaw seems to have settled his post season demons and Hill is pitching very well, will be tough to beat

Not rocket science but IMO, dodgers will be in a better spot to comeback from being down 3-2 than the Cubs. Kershaw seems to have settled his post season demons and Hill is pitching very well, will be tough to beat

Yeah, I mean, I think if the Cubs hitters are finally over whatever went on for the first 7 or 8 playoff games, they can beat Hill. But being up 3-2 going home to Chicago would be WAYYYY better than down 3-2 having to face Kershaw.

If the Cubs win tonight its over. The Dodgers have to win. I think Kershaw should wait for game 6 but he is likely pitching tonight.
I wouldn't start Kershaw just because Lester is awesome in the playoffs. I can't remember a bad start Lester has had in the playoffs except maybe game 3 2008 ALCS and that was because BJ Upton was insane that game.

Lester is money in the playoffs. I would start Kershaw game 6 as I can't see him shuting the Cubs out again on 3 days rest. He didn't have his curve ball last start. If he waits till game 6 he should have 3 pitches instead of 2 like he had in game 2. The Cubs will adjust to his stuff he will need that curve ball this time.

The Cubs need this game tonight, they can't be on the brink of elimination staring at Kershaw on full rest.

Just listened to an interview with Adrian Gonzalez and he said the Dodgers' main focus tonight was to get Lester to field his position and make him throw the ball around the diamond. Kinda weird considering other than bunting how do you attack that weakness?

Okay, now that Baez is out we can get the damn game done tonight. He's a human rain delay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom