MLB postseason thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

MLB postseason thread

Cubs lose tonight and go down 3-1 I think they will have little fight tomorrow night in Game 5.

Don't confuse failure with a lack of effort. The Cubs looked just as bad against the Dodgers but turned it around. But they may have waited too long to do it this time.

Don't confuse failure with a lack of effort. The Cubs looked just as bad against the Dodgers but turned it around. But they may have waited too long to do it this time.

This is like last years Mets-Cubs NLCS. Cubs got nothing and have had nothing this entire series for the most part. I expect the Indians close this out tonight with ease.

I still think the Cubs have a chance. The pitching matchups favor Chicago.
Lester/Arrieta vs Bauer/Tomlin
Game 7 would lean Cleveland with Kluber though.
Cleveland better win tonight or I could see them getting tight.
Baez\Bryant have given them nothing this series.
Fowler is the one that ignites that offense as well. Schwarber may start tonight in LF and put Zobrist in RF.

This is like last years Mets-Cubs NLCS. Cubs got nothing and have had nothing this entire series for the most part. I expect the Indians close this out tonight with ease.
Unlike last year, I'm sad about this.

Cubs lose tonight and go down 3-1 I think they will have little fight tomorrow night in Game 5.

With Joe in charge, the Cubs will have plenty of fight. The problem has been too much fight. Swinging at an inordinate number of pitches outside the zone. Baez 55%, Russell 40%, even Bryant 41%. We need more patience at the plate, not more fight.

With Joe in charge, the Cubs will have plenty of fight. The problem has been too much fight. Swinging at an inordinate number of pitches outside the zone. Baez 55%, Russell 40%, even Bryant 41%. We need more patience at the plate, not more fight.
Extremely undisciplined. Disappointing.

For Fuxsake will ya stop showing Steve Bartman? Hasn't the kid been tortured enough already?

Freaking television execs can be such a$$holes.

I'm a Yankees fan and I thought the constant mention of the red sox curse was a bit much back in the day

Extremely undisciplined. Disappointing.

Joe is going to have to have a little chat with them. Especially Baez. He seems to be reverting to the wild swinging Baez of 2014. The only way he hits in this series is if the Cleveland pitchers throw a mistake. And they haven't been throwing mistakes. Javy's last at bat Friday night damn near drove me to the Psychologist's couch.

I'm thinking that Joe should sit Javy and bring Zobrist in to play 2nd. Soler can go to left.

Last edited:
Joe is going to have to have a little chat with them. Especially Baez. He seems to be reverting to the wild swinging Baez of 2014. The only way he hits in this series is if the Cleveland pitchers throw a mistake. And they haven't been throwing mistakes. Javy's last at bat Friday night damn near drove me to the Psychologist's couch.

I'm thinking that Joe should sit Javy and bring Zobrist in to play 2nd. Soler can go to left.
Baez has talent but they could roll the ball up and he'd swing at it. Plus am not a fan of twice in post season him not running from the box on a well hit ball. Unprofessional.

Baez has talent but they could roll the ball up and he'd swing at it. Plus am not a fan of twice in post season him not running from the box on a well hit ball. Unprofessional.

And the wild throws. He's a kid and wants to be a hero. Perhaps sitting out game 5 might calm him down. We are going to need him to play smart during our two game sweep in Cleveland.

Well those Cubbies had some fight in them after all...didn't they?

Surprising. They have rolled over and died in the past in these situations

Surprising. They have rolled over and died in the past in these situations

Not this team. Past Cubs teams sure, but they've had a different fight about them this year.

Not this team. Past Cubs teams sure, but they've had a different fight about them this year.

Could have rolled over in SF and LA during the playoffs.

This ain't your father's Cubs. Or your grandfather's. Or his grandfather's.

Could have rolled over in SF and LA during the playoffs.

This ain't your father's Cubs. Or your grandfather's. Or his grandfather's.

A caller into a radio show asked "What did Vin Scully say when he started broadcasting Dodger games in 1950?"

Vin: "Jeeze, the Cubs haven't won the World Series in 42 years!!!"

Game 7 Wednesday night!
I have no idea why Maddon had Chapman in so long tonight. Could bite 'em tomorrow.

Game 7 Wednesday night!
I have no idea why Maddon had Chapman in so long tonight. Could bite 'em tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing. All that comes to mind is he wanted to guarantee a win tonight. He couldn't let the 7th inning get out of hand. Not sure why Chapman came back for the 8th however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom