MLS Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MLS Thread

Apple TV will allow you to watch some games for free, but not all.

As Day2 mentioned, you can get the Season Pass for free via T-Mobile if you have T-Mobile or know anyone that has it. The Season Pass can be shared with up to 6 other people, so for example, my parents, myself, and my friend are all sharing the Season Pass between our 3 Apple TV accounts.

It's a pretty sweet deal, especially with the much improved presentation of the games. It was difficult to watch DC games locally the past few years and when I was able to watch, it generally looked like crap (in addition to the team being bad lol). It all looks great now.
I didn’t know about the sharing. Nice.

In Orlando for work. Went to the Orlando City SC game. Great stadium. Tough neighborhood.
I don’t watch a lot of soccer, but OCSC played all goal kicks out of the back. Two defenders inside the 18. Have never seen that. Asked my son the GK. He said that’s really an American soccer thing.

I am so happy that Messi turned down the Saudi money and will now come to the United States to play for Miami. Now to get those Atlanta United /Miami tickets for the fam. My son is ecstatic (& so is dad).

I got tickets for the Miami game in DC on 7/8, but I imagine he won't be playing at that point. I could flip these tickets for a fortune right now if I cared to lol. Got them for $60 this morning and they're now going for anywhere from $200-400 now.

I got tickets for the Miami game in DC on 7/8, but I imagine he won't be playing at that point. I could flip these tickets for a fortune right now if I cared to lol. Got them for $60 this morning and they're now going for anywhere from $200-400 now.
He's likely not playing till August.

He's likely not playing till August.
Yeah I figure best case scenario is late July but I should be able to at least get my money back when we learn he won’t be playing. I don’t really care to flip the tickets for a profit.

They jacked the ATL UTD game tickets up (Saturday night in September). All that is available right now from the team is uppers in the 300 level for $125 each. Those same seats on a Saturday night vs Nashville in August are selling for $23.

Edit: There are still some 200 level seats in Mercedes Benz listed for $250 each.

Last edited:
Yeah I figure best case scenario is late July but I should be able to at least get my money back when we learn he won’t be playing. I don’t really care to flip the tickets for a profit.

I believe that July 21 is the first game after the MLS transfer window opens.

I believe that July 21 is the first game after the MLS transfer window opens.
From what I’ve read, the DC game is the first after the transfer window opens but July 21st is currently believed to be the date they’re targeting for his debut.

Also, is it even a transfer or a free agent signing? Do the same dates apply for free agents?

Last edited:
The global impact/influence is unreal… I’m honestly not a fan of the MLS, I don’t have a team (I spend my time following Liverpool & the EPL) - but, I’ll definitely tune in to see Messi play. Haha pink is going to be hot trend color this summer

If you think about how things are aligning - the South American championships are here in the US in 2024, in which Messi might play. Then the World Cup in 2026. These next few years are probably going to take soccer to a whole new level in this country.

The global impact/influence is unreal… I’m honestly not a fan of the MLS, I don’t have a team (I spend my time following Liverpool & the EPL) - but, I’ll definitely tune in to see Messi play. Haha pink is going to be hot trend color this summer
I saw that Inter Miami now has a larger Instagram following than any American sports team outside the NBA. Pretty crazy.

Feels like this could really be a situation where a rising tide lifts all boats and this could propel the MLS to the next level. Fingers crossed anyways.

I saw that Inter Miami now has a larger Instagram following than any American sports team outside the NBA. Pretty crazy.

Feels like this could really be a situation where a rising tide lifts all boats and this could propel the MLS to the next level. Fingers crossed anyways.

The people in charge have to be willing to make some big changes in terms of how the league runs, its salary cap, etc. This could turn into a truly major league with the right management. Already MLS sent more players to the last World Cup than any other league aside from the top 5 in Europe (Eng, Sp, Fr, Germany, Italy).

The people in charge have to be willing to make some big changes in terms of how the league runs, its salary cap, etc. This could turn into a truly major league with the right management. Already MLS sent more players to the last World Cup than any other league aside from the top 5 in Europe (Eng, Sp, Fr, Germany, Italy).
MLS will have eyeballs but like you said need to make large changes to retain them

It wasn't an MLS game but it certainly was a taste of what is to come.

Just a PSA but Miami is must watch TV. This Messi- Taylor combination has juice.
2 goals and an assist in MLS match 2... defeating my ATL UTD 4-0. I have tickets for the September match in Atlanta.

I know there’s not too many soccer fans here, or MLS fans I should say, but has anyone heard if Messi is starting tonight? I know he was subbed on last game but was wondering if he was back to the lineup tonight or if they were continuing to try to get him some rest. Want to know so I know if I have to rush home at 7 or not lol.

I know there’s not too many soccer fans here, or MLS fans I should say, but has anyone heard if Messi is starting tonight? I know he was subbed on last game but was wondering if he was back to the lineup tonight or if they were continuing to try to get him some rest. Want to know so I know if I have to rush home at 7 or not lol.
the manager Tata Martino had suggested he would start tonight. BUT, usually 60mins before kickoff the official starting XI is revealed. So you'll know for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom