Monmouth vs Iona at 7 pm for the MAAC championship. | Syracusefan.com

Monmouth vs Iona at 7 pm for the MAAC championship.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
We need Monmouth to win. Both teams are very good mid majors. Should be a great game. If you like fun basketball, this is one to watch. Both teams average 80 ppg and Monmouth is a 1.5 point favorite. But again, we need Monmouth to win.

That PG for Monmouth is pretty exciting to watch.

What about this Valpo- Green Bay game jncuse and pearl31? Valpo has a decent shot for an at large even if they lose, right?

That PG for Monmouth is pretty exciting to watch.
He didn't score until the end of the first half as both teams started out slow. I expect the 2nd half to be wide open. It wouldn't surprise me to see both teams score 50+ in the 2nd half.

Does anyone ever comment that Monmouth's bench is mostly annoying, and just occasionally clever?

Bilas is great.

He's talking about how stupid officials are in falling for flops over and over again...

Bilas is great.

He's talking about how stupid officials are in falling for flops over and over again...

So he's giving them heck for being consistent?

;)

Bilas is great.

I know. I was going to tweet him that he must have forgotten that class he took at Duke that teaches them to do that.

Does anyone ever comment that Monmouth's bench is mostly annoying, and just occasionally clever?

They're having fun but they're tools.

77-72.

Under minute.

Likely one less bid after tonight.

Can someone explain why this game would matter to us if we beat Pitt

Correct, this game no longer matters. Both Lunardi and the bracketmatrix.com are in sync now, with SU last 4 in.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

So it makes it very simple---win vs Pitt and we are in with a bye. Lose and out. So no need to be nervous on Sunday night.

image.jpg

Correct, this game no longer matters. Both Lunardi and the bracketmatrix.com are in sync now, with SU last 4 in.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

So it makes it very simple---win vs Pitt and we are in with a bye. Lose and out. So no need to be nervous on Sunday night.
Lunardi and Bracketmatrix.com do not determine who dances on Sunday.

I don't think Monmouth gets in. Only 2 top 100 wins and a SOS of 176 won't get it done.

I don't think Monmouth gets in. Only 2 top 100 wins and a SOS of 176 won't get it done.
Lunardi at halftime said he would put them in but he isn't the one in the room. He then alluded to the fact that the committee doesn't always look at things like he does. I'm not sure they get in either.

Let's be honest. Assuming the worst and SU loses to Pitt on Wednesday. 19-13 overall, 8-9 against ACC teams. Home losses to Wisconsin, when they were not playing well, and Clemson. Beaten by St. Johns and Georgetown, two very poor teams. 5 losses in the last 6 games. That is not the resume of an NCAA tournament team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom