Monmouth vs Iona at 7 pm for the MAAC championship. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Monmouth vs Iona at 7 pm for the MAAC championship.

Lunardi and Bracketmatrix.com do not determine who dances on Sunday.

Now that Joey Brackets does this pretty much as a full-time job, he has actually gotten pretty good at it the last 4-5 years. Last year he actually missed 2 teams, which was a off year for him---in '14 and '12 he only missed 1, and in 2013 he nailed 68 out of 68:

https://www.sportsinsights.com/blog/how-accurate-are-joe-lunardis-bracketology-predictions/

But it's nice to check the consensus as it's such a big sample size of the other experts like Jerry Palm, Patrick Stevens, etc (86 brackets). In this case everyone is in agreement, which is what makes it nice and simple this year.

www.bracketmatrix.com

The more I think about it, the more I think Monmouth doesn't get in. Two top 100 wins and an RPI somewhere in the low-to-mid 50's? When does that resume ever get a bid?

We start two fifth year seniors in our backcourt. This is supposed to be the time of year those guys provide leadership and production. It's now or never. The team didn't seem to play with much urgency on Saturday until there was barely any time left in the game. This team has to bring it from the opening tip on Wednesday. Of course, Pitt is in a similar boat.

We've put ourselves in this position. To me, if we lose this game, we deserve to be on the outside looking in. If we win, we deserve a bid.

It's only Monday. Plenty more will happen that will definitely push us on the bad side of the bubble IF we lose.

We just have to win, period.

I think Monmouth has an RPI of like 80 something. They aren't getting in. Their SOS is really bad too but I won't get into all that since it was covered above. We need to beat Pitt because then Pitt doesn't get in. I think we will lose out to other Power 5's that win a game or two in their conference tournament if we lose to Pitt as opposed to having a mid major steal out spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom