Moore played....why? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Moore played....why?

[

What stinks is when 'fans' think they know something when in fact they don't have a clue. If people continue to think because a kid doesn't play, he can't play I don't know what to tell them, other than there are MANY reasons for that to happen and it's too bad..

Do you care to share your inside info?

Do you care to share your inside info?
I choose not to at this point. I don't want to make waves, but I do just want to put it out there that just because a kid isn't playing or where he is on the depth chart isn't the end all be all of his skills now or potential. There are plenty of examples..

I choose not to at this point. I don't want to make waves, but I do just want to put it out there that just because a kid isn't playing or where he is on the depth chart isn't the end all be all of his skills now or potential. There are plenty of examples..

Fair enough. Asked the question just in case.

I don't. My assumption is that if the plan was to play him at all we would have seen him a lot sooner in the season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's my point as well...why with a couple of minutes left in a blowout? Maybe to some this is a moot point but to me it isn't, especially since we don't have any big backs with talent in the wings. AAM redshirts and he is the big back for SU for a year when Smith uses all his eligibility.

Ahhh, internet folklore.. We talk about redshirting him and clearly that is the right thing to do!!! What is the staff thinking? Insanity, GO mentioned it that it may be a good idea, I don't disagree but maybe the kid wants to get his degree and be done with it, maybe he will start next year, I don't know, like I said maybe he has no interest in red shirting, but to sit here and wring hands over what a mistake it was to play a 2nd string FB, 5th string rb is insane or to question staff judgment seems a bit odd.

Hey, if he gets 15 carries a game next year and gets 1000 yards then yes it was a mistake. 5th string rb peeps and if he plays next year people will be saying we need more talent, speed!!!!!! etc. Holy shite

I love hyperbole. Just asked a question to see why and if what you wrote is true, fine...if he wants his degree.

I don't get it, what if Smith leaves...... why use Moore in a game that is 55-0 and waste a year?

What don't you get about playing 3rd (5th?) string RB's (or 3rd string FB's if you prefer) during a blowout? Especially an upperclassmen. I could be wrong, but upperclassmen rarely get a redshirt unless A - there is someone completely blocking his playing time this year, and B - he will be expected to possibly start the following year. Yes to A, no to B.

[

What stinks is when 'fans' think they know something when in fact they don't have a clue. If people continue to think because a kid doesn't play, he can't play I don't know what to tell them, other than there are MANY reasons for that to happen and it's too bad..

Yes I am a 'fan', not sure why you added air quotes, I'm just making an observation about what normally happens with players. He came in with a ton of hype on this board and it is a same he has not gotten much playing. I never ever said he does not have talent or that he stinks. Sure he might be in the dog house of the coach, maybe his practices are really bad, maybe he has had minor team violations, or maybe other things happened. So I'm sorry this 'fan' doesn't have super secret insider information like well connected people like you.

Moore did not play*.

* This is a peeve of mine. There's only one player on the team with that last name, and he did not play.

87 Kendall Moore Fr. OL

If people don't have time to type Adonis' last name, please abbreviate his name as AAM instead of butchering his last name.

34 Adonis Ameen-Moore Jr. FB

I too was surprised to see AAM in there.

First of all, Moore did play.
Secondly, Kendall Moore may be listed as an OL but was moved to TE, #87 and had 1 catch against Wagner, also had 3 against NW including a TD.
Lastly, this is an internet forum. there are no rules as to how we refer to people. Most people use 2 names and we use either. Some call #1 Ashton, some refer to him as Broyld. Moore uses 3 names and though I acknowedge the hyphen links Ameen with Moore I repeat this is the internet abd there are no rules. We even get to refer to the president of the united states as Obama (or worse).

What don't you get about playing 3rd (5th?) string RB's (or 3rd string FB's if you prefer) during a blowout? Especially an upperclassmen. I could be wrong, but upperclassmen rarely get a redshirt unless A - there is someone completely blocking his playing time this year, and B - he will be expected to possibly start the following year. Yes to A, no to B.

I understand your logic but what if Smith leaves? He almost did last year so why take another chance to get hurt? I just feel AAM would be a nice bridge to the next big back and let them get acclimated to the system and not forced to play for the next 2 years...that is if SU recruits one.

I understand your logic but what if Smith leaves? He almost did last year so why take another chance to get hurt? I just feel AAM would be a nice bridge to the next big back and let them get acclimated to the system and not forced to play for the next 2 years...that is if SU recruits one.
The new staff I believe doesn't want big backs in their system moving forward.

Yes I am a 'fan', not sure why you added air quotes, I'm just making an observation about what normally happens with players. He came in with a ton of hype on this board and it is a same he has not gotten much playing. I never ever said he does not have talent or that he stinks. Sure he might be in the dog house of the coach, maybe his practices are really bad, maybe he has had minor team violations, or maybe other things happened. So I'm sorry this 'fan' doesn't have super secret insider information like well connected people like you.[/quote

Look I apologize for coming off like a . Its just frustrating when people start with the hype thing. Yes he did have a lot of hype and no he hasn't lived up to it. But the offense changed last season away from what he was recruited for and that was that. And if everyone remembers that was basically 2 weeks before the season started. It is what it is. Yes he gets a great education, buts he's very frustrated. He wants to be on the field in the worst way. It'll all work out somehow..

Last edited:
I'm sure the kid does have the desire to play and help this and I hate to see that when a kid gets into situations where they come to a school and coaches change and so does the play style. Lots of kids do lose playing time because of this. You are right I shouldn't have used him having hype as the start of my reasoning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom