More changes | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

More changes

If Dino's treating everyone fairly and setting us up for the best possible on-field performance, good.

But cutting ties with tradition can be a dicey move. Hope someone's there to remind him about the alma mater and the banners at Varsity and all that.
Maybe that's part of Floyd's role? It appears that he and HCDB are developing a great relationship.

If Dino's treating everyone fairly and setting us up for the best possible on-field performance, good.

But cutting ties with tradition can be a dicey move. Hope someone's there to remind him about the alma mater and the banners at Varsity and all that.
Sadly, our main tradition of the last 15 years has been losing.:noidea:
Pretty much every school does the alma mater thing. The players aren't all new, so they can uphold the banner flip at Varsity, as long as it's still there.

that is what offensive linemen look like. they are just wearing really ugly uniforms that make them look like oranges.

WisconsinOL702.jpg

Big difference in the lower legs - Wisconsin's guys have definition; our players had cankles. Compare #60 to all five linemen in this shot.

Maybe that's part of Floyd's role? It appears that he and HCDB are developing a great relationship.

I was under the impression that he's retiring this year, but hopefully he's able to help.

Big difference in the lower legs - Wisconsin's guys have definition; our players had cankles. Compare #60 to all five linemen in this shot.

Hey watch yourself, that is BIG RED McKenzie you are talking about. :):)

Regardless of how Lineman look you can't fake athleticism even down in the trenches

I'm all-in with Babers, but definitely worried about losing NJ again. Don't think we can do this without the Jerz.

OttoMets said:
I was under the impression that he's retiring this year, but hopefully he's able to help.

I had heard that too. By the end of the year. Change of heart maybe?

Floyd and his wife were in Las Vegas at the women's games. The 2nd night Floyd had flown home for the last football game and to interview coaches. I sat with his wife, and she told me about the retirement. December 15th. I am shocked there has been no formal announcement. He will be staying in Syracuse until May when his wife is finished with her masters degree and then they will be living most of the time in Las Vegas. Not sure if they will keep a Syracuse home at all. We even made rough plans for them to come down to Phoenix after they are living there and get together. Maybe he is going to stay on until the spring now... But I could also see him quietly stepping off. None of this is ever about Floyd, and he may not want to make a big deal out of retiring. He does this for the love of SU.

Floyd and his wife were in Las Vegas at the women's games. The 2nd night Floyd had flown home for the last football game and to interview coaches. I sat with his wife, and she told me about the retirement. December 15th. I am shocked there has been no formal announcement. He will be staying in Syracuse until May when his wife is finished with her masters degree and then they will be living most of the time in Las Vegas. Not sure if they will keep a Syracuse home at all. We even made rough plans for them to come down to Phoenix after they are living there and get together. Maybe he is going to stay on until the spring now... But I could also see him quietly stepping off. None of this is ever about Floyd, and he may not want to make a big deal out of retiring. He does this for the love of SU.

Darn. Thanks for the information; I thought that was the case.

Would be a big loss for the school and program. Will there be any familiar faces from last year if a guy comes back to visit?

most of the alumns want hicks for selfish reasons (want to do offseason work on the cheap). They aren't vocal for the benefit of the program. Also, its really only marrone's guys that are speaking up (that whole oline and nassib).

most of the alumns want hicks for selfish reasons (want to do offseason work on the cheap). They aren't vocal for the benefit of the program. Also, its really only marrone's guys that are speaking up (that whole oline and nassib).
But "the alumni have spoken". (rolls eyes)

Those former players shouldn't have turned their "cause" into a social media campaign while most of Orange Nation is celebrating the re-birth of the football program. IMO they presented themselves as spoiled children instead of grown men. Not a good look.

Those former players shouldn't have turned their "cause" into a social media campaign while most of Orange Nation is celebrating the re-birth of the football program. IMO they presented themselves as spoiled children instead of grown men. Not a good look.
Facts

I don't think they came off poorly at all. They clearly have a lot of respect and administration for the man. They voiced their opinion just like many on this board did that they wanted him gone. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I don't think they came off poorly at all. They clearly have a lot of respect and administration for the man. They voiced their opinion just like many on this board did that they wanted him gone. Nothing wrong with that at all.
We both have our opinions. Agree to disagree.

"The alumni have spoken"...sound like something put out there by someone who has an overly inflated sense of their place in the program.

"The alumni have spoken"...sound like something put out there by someone who has an overly inflated sense of their place in the program.
That was my point. They didn't just "voice their opinion". IMO it's a bit much to imply that these two (Hickey and Chibane) solely represent "the alumni". That was their implication. Nassib was smart enough to simply lobby for Hicks without the unnecessary hyperbole.

Anywhoooooo.

Got lots of ADMINISTRATION for this thread. Entitle whiners is what Marrone's boys came off as. Wonder where they got it?