Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

If Diagne commits, we will have a nice collection of nicknames for '15. "Rotten" "Outlandaaaaaah" and "Moose."

For any of you football recruiting guys Ryan Izzo on Pope John is a highly recruited TE that we offered and recruited a early in the process that ended up committing to Florida St.

In the game video against Blair posted above Diagne showed off a very effective hook shot. I like it. As we've seen from Roc this year, that works quite well in the post.

One negative I've seen is that he has a tendency to loaf up the court when he feels his team has a big #s advantage on the break or back on defense when the other team does; I'm not crazy about that. He did the same thing in the game I watched in person this year. I'm surprised because otherwise he plays with a good motor.

Don't you worry bout nothing, my bro. I take care all tings.
If anyone has it, fios1 will archive it and I will let you guys know if it's on.
No such luck yet, but I have been looking. Couple of RC games, one GSB and Battle, Pope John games but not this particular one yet. Will probably writeup a few of the existing ones.
In the game video against Blair posted above Diagne showed off a very effective hook shot. I like it. As we've seen from Roc this year, that works quite well in the post.

One negative I've seen is that he has a tendency to loaf up the court when he feels his team has a big #s advantage on the break or back on defense when the other team does; I'm not crazy about that. He did the same thing in the game I watched in person this year. I'm surprised because otherwise he plays with a good motor.
And he hit a left hook no less!

That was the difference that I noticed between him and Silva at that event in NJ. Silva was flying up and down on both ends, while Diagne would be the last man back on numerous occasions. I assumed it was because his team was getting killed that he was pretty much lackadaisical with the motor at times. Watched him a couple of times last season and that was never an issue, so hopefully taking plays off doesn't become a habit for him.

@AdamZagoria: Red Autry from Syracuse was here watching @tdot_ennis , Briscoe and 6-9 2015 Moustapha Diagne of @popejohnbball

He just came over fron Senegal last year. Tons of interest already.
He might offer the kind of board best talent this team is going to need.

I've just been so high on Diagne for awhile and he's starting to really shine this season and proving what I've been feeling. I definitely think that he would be great in the zone and would love a commit from him!

I wonder if diagne is a Muslim from Africa as well. Could be the perfect dude to host him.

From the Zagsblog article...um...yes please...

"He can shoot jump hooks with either hand, he can catch it at the elbow and make 15-foot shots or make one or two dribble moves to go by his defender, and he has begun adding a 3-point shot to his game as noted by the two that he made in our game on Sunday."

Francis03 In regards to a Diagne committing, which would be wonderful, I would have to think the staff will still be after Bryant, correct? As good of a prospect as Moose is, he is playing woeful competition right now, and looks like he'll need some seasoning at SU. With only DC and Chino on the roster by the time he gets here, we will need some more bulk, correct?

Francis03 In regards to a Diagne committing, which would be wonderful, I would have to think the staff will still be after Bryant, correct? As good of a prospect as Moose is, he is playing woeful competition right now, and looks like he'll need some seasoning at SU. With only DC and Chino on the roster by the time he gets here, we will need some more bulk, correct?
I wouldn't rip into the comp that he has been playing against as of late as quoted by his coach. “He has been playing extremely well these last three weeks,” Hasson said. “In the last six games he is averaging 24 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks. And in those six games we played Our Savior New American (No. 9 in USA Today), Cardinal Hayes (No. 1 MSG Varsity at the time – Undefeated), Mt Olive (No. 1-ranked in Morris County on a 10-game win streak), Blair Academy (No. 1-ranked Prep in NJ), and two league games." Plus I watched his recent game against Blair yesterday that I'll post about next and I have to say that I was very impress and think he would be our best post player since AO/RJ, with potential to be even better. To answer your question, yes I do think that we'll still go after Bryant even if Diagne commits. Can't trust DC2 knees at this point and we'll need as much depth as we can in the post. Things have gone quiet with Jones and if Howard doesn't visit then that's a sign that we may have backed off a bit.

As mentioned above I got a chance to watch the full game against Blair. Even though his team got spanked, King Moustapha was a beast in this one scoring half of the team total points. I had him charted for 27pts, 12rbs, 2blks, 2to, 3-6ft. He went up against another big man that's committed to Saint Louis for next year and flat out abused this kid in the low post. He knocked down plenty of hook shots with both hands and his footwork and spacing in the post was superb. It's amazing to see such polish down low with somebody who has been barely playing ball for 2 years now. Defensively he held his ground and made it tough for the SLU commit to do anything on offense. If the shot wasn't blocked then it was altered by his length. It got so bad for the kid in the 1st half that at the end of it he almost got into a fight with Diagne, in which I'm sure that wouldn't have ended well for him also. On the negative as iommi mentioned, he does have a bad tendency at times to not hustle his butt up the court when he's trailing a play where the numbers are at a disadvantage. It cost his team a few times because Blair was able to finish with a few put backs, where if he had hustled he could've either grabbed the board or get into position to block/alter the shot. That's a big difference from what you see from Bryant, Diallo, and Silva. Those three are always in full go mode on both ends and take no plays off. On the flipside, none come even close to the post skills that Diagne have. It's a big plus with the shooters that we'll have loaded up when he steps on campus such as Cooney, Malachi, BJ, and Lydon. Where he'll command plenty of double teams inside and the shooters will consistently be wide open for shots. I really liked his performance in this one and think his skill set will be huge to go along with the current and future players that we're bringing in. I'm hoping things end this weekend and he'll be ours but this one was suppose to be done 3 months ago. So lets hope there won't be anymore setbacks because everything seems to be in place to receive his commitment now.

As mentioned above I got a chance to watch the full game against Blair. Even though his team got spanked, King Moustapha was a beast in this one scoring half of the team total points. I had him charted for 27pts, 12rbs, 2blks, 2to, 3-6ft. He went up against another big man that's committed to Saint Louis for next year and flat out abused this kid in the low post. He knocked down plenty of hook shots with both hands and his footwork and spacing in the post was superb. It's amazing to see such polish down low with somebody who has been barely playing ball for 2 years now. Defensively he held his ground and made it tough for the SLU commit to do anything on offense. If the shot wasn't blocked then it was altered by his length. It got so bad for the kid in the 1st half that at the end of it he almost got into a fight with Diagne, in which I'm sure that wouldn't have ended well for him also. On the negative as iommi mentioned, he does have a bad tendency at times to not hustle his butt up the court when he's trailing a play where the numbers are at a disadvantage. It cost his team a few times because Blair was able to finish with a few put backs, where if he had hustled he could've either grabbed the board or get into position to block/alter the shot. That's a big difference from what you see from Bryant, Diallo, and Silva. Those three are always in full go mode on both ends and take no plays off. On the flipside, none come even close to the post skills that Diagne have. It's a big plus with the shooters that we'll have loaded up when he steps on campus such as Cooney, Malachi, BJ, and Lydon. Where he'll command plenty of double teams inside and the shooters will consistently be wide open for shots. I really liked his performance in this one and think his skill set will be huge to go along with the current and future players that we're bringing in. I'm hoping things end this weekend and he'll be ours but this one was suppose to be done 3 months ago. So lets hope there won't be anymore setbacks because everything seems to be in place to receive his commitment now.

Thanks for the write up dude, appreciate it.