Mt Rushmore of pro football coaches | Syracusefan.com

Mt Rushmore of pro football coaches

dasher

Living Legend
#1 Vince Lombardi
#2 Bill B 4 super bowls
#3 Chuck Noll
#4 Bill Parcells

It truly is amazing how the Patriots, Bellichecks and Tom Brady's legacy changed because of dumbass Pete Carrol. 3-3 in the super bowl with losing 3 in a row is a VASTLY different story than 4-2.

#1 Vince Lombardi
#2 Bill B 4 super bowls
#3 Chuck Noll
#4 Bill Parcells

I agree with your Top 3, but I wouldn't put Parcells that high. I'd consider Don Shula or Bill Walsh.

It truly is amazing how the Patriots, Bellichecks and Tom Brady's legacy changed because of dumbass Pete Carrol. 3-3 in the super bowl with losing 3 in a row is a VASTLY different story than 4-2.

If Scott Norwood straightens out that field goal attempt, Bill Parcells might fall off Mt. Rushmore, too.

1. Paul Brown 2. Vince Lombardi 3. Bill Walsh 4. Bill Belichick

Honorable mention Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Don Shula and Bill Parcells.

This is about right. George Halas should be in the honorable mention group.

#1 Vince Lombardi
#2 Bill B 4 super bowls
#3 Chuck Noll
#4 Bill Parcells

Lombardi
Noll
Belichick
Walsh

Followed by Shula, Landry and Gibbs.

1. Paul Brown 2. Vince Lombardi 3. Bill Walsh 4. Bill Belichick

Honorable mention Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Don Shula and Bill Parcells.

I pretty much agree with this list. Just amazing the quality that made honorable mention. Of course, you also have to consider Rich Kotite, Ray Handley. Bobby Petrino and Marty Morhinweg on any list.

I pretty much agree with this list. Just amazing the quality that made honorable mention. Of course, you also have to consider Rich Kotite, Ray Handley. Bobby Petrino and Marty Morhinweg on any list.
It is amazing Kotite was able to be the HC for two teams. Also Rod Martinelli and his 0-16 job with Detroit in 2008 has to be included to the atrocious NFL HC's summit

Serious question for Giants fans why did George Young pick Ray Handley over Bill Belichick after Parcells resigned?

I think that Handley hiring is Young's black mark on his candidacy for the HOF.
I don't get why Young didn't like Belichick as he loves the NYG organization.

Serious question for Giants fans why did George Young pick Ray Handley over Bill Belichick after Parcells resigned?

I think that Handley hiring is Young's black mark on his candidacy for the HOF.
I don't get why Young didn't like Belichick as he loves the NYG organization.
Belichick was gone, HC in Cleveland.

Parcells really screwed the Giants, he quit in May. think about that.....

Handley, was actually a rising star coach who many thought would be great. NYC and the bigness of being a HC was too much for him.

i dont think he really had his heart in it, he wanted to be a lawyer and almost left 1x.

people have speculated that Coughlin couldve got the job then, but he was already at BC.

Super Bowl records are not a good measure of a coach.
I think Marv Levy belongs on this list...

JrodCuse said:
Win or lose, getting to six Super Bowls is pretty fu$k!n impressive! People place far too much emphasis on the results of one game.

Halas, anyone? It's impossible to leave him off any credible list.

He literally invented modern coaching and the T-formation offense. Revenue sharing was his idea. Charter member of the HOF and GSH is on Bears jerseys to this day. Not to mention the 6 titles and I don't think he had more than 2 or 3 losing seasons in decades of coaching. Monsters of the Midway = His team.

He also found time on the side to serve as a Navy Lt. Commander in WW2, winning a Bronze Star, and his likeness was on a stamp.

Top that, Belichick.

Delmar said:
If Scott Norwood straightens out that field goal attempt, Bill Parcells might fall off Mt. Rushmore, too.
and if I won the lotto, Nick Saban would be SU's next head coach. Neither happened so why waste time talking in hypotheticals?

Halas, anyone? It's impossible to leave him off any credible list.

He literally invented modern coaching and the T-formation offense. Revenue sharing was his idea. Charter member of the HOF and GSH is on Bears jerseys to this day. Not to mention the 6 titles and I don't think he had more than 2 or 3 losing seasons in decades of coaching. Monsters of the Midway = His team.

He also found time on the side to serve as a Navy Lt. Commander in WW2, winning a Bronze Star, and his likeness was on a stamp.

Top that, Belichick.

Belichick will never get his face on a forever stamp because of the possibility of deflation.

Yeah, and take away three circus catchs and where does he rank. It is what it is.

The Mt Rushmore never to win a super bowl besides Halas? ;)

Bud Grant, George Allen, Marv Levy, Chuck Knox

Edit: I don't think any of them won a SB. Too lazy to look up.