My 2 cents on cj | Syracusefan.com

My 2 cents on cj

better show

• cheers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seinfeld

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not sure you can do that anymore. I thought you were either in or out these days. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

My understanding is that today is the deadline to be able to return to college. There's every chance he knows and the NBA knows and it just hasn't been reported yet.

My understanding is that today is the deadline to be able to return to college. There's every chance he knows and the NBA knows and it just hasn't been reported yet.

Isn't today the NCAA's deadline, which doesn't mean anything if you don't make a decision? I thought the NBA's deadline was the 22nd or 25 or something like that.

Edit: Yup, just the NCAA deadline. NBA deadline is the 28th
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...4078/ncaas-irrelevant-draft-deadline-is-today

Isn't today the NCAA's deadline, which doesn't mean anything if you don't make a decision? I though the NBA's deadline was the 22nd or 25 or something like that.

I believe it's the 28th. He has until then to decide if he wants to go to the combine and enter the draft, or return to school.

He can't go to the workouts and then not enter the draft. That is no longer allowed.

It's only the deadline for NCAA today if you already declared for the NBA draft. If you declared already, you would have to remove your name before the end of today(yesterday?) to be allowed back into amutuer athletics.

Yes, basically this. All you need to know is whoever declares after today, is gone.

Yes, basically this. All you need to know is whoever declares after today, is gone.

According to this, you can declare after the 16th and still come back, as long as you decide to return to school by the 28th and didn't hire an agent at any point.

This may make it easier to understand. If bears were trees, every day would be Tuesday.

he goes to nba tryouts, however he does not hire an agent

I'm not an NBA guy but I do watch some. As good as CJ is in college, I just don't see where he fits in to an NBA roster. As Mason might say, his 'college points' don't translate to the league.

wait, what?? this is confusing

Players that declared prior to today must pull their name out of the draft today or they're locked in.

However, if you wait beyond today, you have until the 28th to officially declare.

Regardless, the 28th is still prior to workouts with NBA teams and the combine and stuff, so players can no longer go through the process and then come back to school, agent or not.

The best that a player can do right now in regards to talking to teams is that they can submit their name to a panel of NBA front office guys, and they'll talk to some NBA teams and figure out an approximate draft range for the given player. However, these ranges are far from exact, so it's still a pretty big risk to make the leap of faith just based on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom