My book has LSU -24.5 | Syracusefan.com

My book has LSU -24.5

Alsacs

Living Legend
Jeez that seems like a lot.

The predicted score on the advanced metrics on that site has it LSU 42 Syracuse 17.

So we shall see.

The predicted score on the advanced metrics on that site has it LSU 42 Syracuse 17.

So we shall see.
Funny, I have more confidence keeping them under 42 than I do with us scoring over 17.

I almost feel as if the defense is a couple games ahead of schedule and the offense is a couple games behind schedule (using the 1.5 year inflection point)

Seems about right. As of today I'd go with that score.
Agree...we have not turned any corners here...at this stage of the HCDFB arc there is still allot to do...that's not a knock, it's just where he is in his rebuild. Note: if Cuse was to make it a game or win...it still doesn't mean we have turned the corner, it just means we are making progress. Still a good thing. Go Cuse.

IMG_5596.GIF

So we shall see.

Before yesterday's actions I would have been happy if we stayed under a 20 point deficit against LSU. However, it's hard to determine how the whooping the Tigers took last night will effect their approach to our game. Could give us an edge or them an edge. I'm thinking the latter might be more realistic. We could play a perfect game and still come up short due to overall talent. I hope we have a good overall effort with few mistakes.

On the season they have ONE passing touchdown. The run game is their method of attack. After three games, the defense is leaps ahead of where it was at the end of the season. LSU is a different animal than what SU has played so far, but I'm not throwing in the towel. I think this will be closer than the spread indicates. That has Vegas winning all over it.

we havent really shown we can score againt any of the big boys.. LSU played awful last week but they still have more speed/size/talent.

we might play great on D and lose 20-7

I don't bet on sports, and I really wouldn't bet on this game. Both teams are unpredictable, and it wholly depends on which teams show up. Good Syracuse vs. Good LSU? I'd bet that LSU may cover. Good Syracuse vs. Bad LSU, LSU doesn't cover. Bad Syracuse vs. good LSU, LSU beats us by 1000. Bad Syracuse vs. Bad LSU, could go either way.

So we shall see.

What's the O/U?

Gut says the Under could be a great call this weekend. Which, of course, means everyone should put the kids' 529s on the Over...

What's the O/U?

Gut says the Under could be a great call this weekend. Which, of course, means everyone should put the kids' 529s on the Over...
O/U was 51

What's the O/U?

Done and done. The world needs ditch diggers too.

and this is after how bad LSU looked last week.. makes you wonder what Clemson will be -30?

What's the O/U?

Seems high, so man this wreaks of a late, backdoor cover...

Part of me doesn't believe LSU covers.
But another part of me worries that Matt Canada is going to channel 2016 and get their offense back on track.

I think we will really struggle to put points on the board and I don't see DB "letting" Dungey run much at all (which is probably the smart move).

I was watching some of the replay of the Miss St - LSU game. They mentioned that Dave Aranda's D @ LSU is not the same D he ran at Wisconsin. This D is much simpler and less sophisticated. The Tigers were there own worst enemy on D against Miss St, one stupid penalty after another. LSU is amongst the most penalized teams in football. LSU often looked sloppy out of position.

LSU is favored by 24.5 yet their offense only averages 17.0/game. They rely on the running game but their best run from scrimmage this season is 25 yards, and they played Chattanooga.

However, LSU is coming off a beatdown so they're going to want to show everyone who they really are this Saturday. That part concerns me. That and their size.

I was watching some of the replay of the Miss St - LSU game. They mentioned that Dave Aranda's D @ LSU is not the same D he ran at Wisconsin. This D is much simpler and less sophisticated. The Tigers were there own worst enemy on D against Miss St, one stupid penalty after another. LSU is amongst the most penalized teams in football. LSU often looked sloppy out of position.

LSU is favored by 24.5 yet their offense only averages 17.0/game. They rely on the running game but their best run from scrimmage this season is 25 yards, and they played Chattanooga.

However, LSU is coming off a beatdown so they're going to want to show everyone who they really are this Saturday. That part concerns me. That and their size.

Good post. We're just going to get worn down eventually. I don't have a lot of faith in the secondary coming up and tackling Guice. Dungey will need to run for maybe close to 100 yds +/- to keep it close. Maybe The Flea can do something if he doesn't get broken. I don't think the WRs will be able to get any separation from them. This is all assuming the offensive is actually being executed correctly, personnel is being used properly with good play calls, etc. This could be a sloppy game from both teams with LSU winning in a lackluster fashion of like a 31-6 margin, IMO.

Points are a gift. I assume it goes down. Haven't looked yet. Wish I could get some down on the ML.

Points are a gift. I assume it goes down. Haven't looked yet. Wish I could get some down on the ML.

Putting something small on SU for fun.

ML is out. Its around Syracuse +1200. That equates to about an 8% chance to win outright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom