My F4 Weekend... | Syracusefan.com

My F4 Weekend...

LollipopOrange

Walk On
I mostly lurk on this board & in its different versions going back to the AOL days but wanted to share a few things from my weekend. Not a lot left to say about the game itself, tough way for the season to end, we certainly had our chances. However, after that Georgetown loss who would've thought we'd make a run to the F4. Overall a good season & great tournament run!

Growing up 45 minutes from Syracuse I obviously was born with orange in my blood, but having moved south 14 years ago (now live in Atlanta) I don't get the same opportunities to go to games anymore. Having lurked on the board for so long I felt like I've known many posters but never had the chance to meet any. I was still looking forward to one day attending a board tailgate & meeting many of the regulars.

So Friday night I found myself with an extra ticket to the F4 and posted it on the board with the hopes of selling it to another SU board member. I woke up Saturday with a message from TexanMark that Swish7 was looking for one to buy. After speaking on the phone for a few minutes we worked out a deal and agreed to meet up at their hotel & all go to the game together, JarheadJim was also with them. As TexanMark has already written about, we spent the day down near the dome pregame drinking & through those guys I was able to meet other board members: sutomcat, BrianOrange, Cuseman78 & NYCFan. If I missed anyone else I apologize. Aside from the game we all had a great time drinking & talking SU sports. On Sunday TexanMark had invited me to lunch at Sircusa's, where I met Cuseregular (+wife), Moontan, OrangeTradition (+parents).

Bottom line, the board is a great place to not only talk/read SU sports but also meet some great fans who share the same passion. Thanks again to those who run this place & for the most part keep it sane! To any other fellow lurkers don't be afraid to join the board or come to the next tailgate. I know I'll look forward to the GaTech tailgate & hopefully more in the future!

Go 'Cuse!

Dear Lolli, I found this by accident when I was looking for something else. Glad to hear about your experience. Please post next season! Brains are good for that task, but heart is mandatory!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom