My first of many post tonight | Syracusefan.com

My first of many post tonight

kcsu

Living Legend
So it must have been back in July im on the phone with a good friend from Denver guy was a HS coach for years and he knows that i bleed orange. Im jazzed about the season and as we are talking he says to me are you kidding. With your schedule and no breaks you will be lucky to make it through the year let alone win 8 which is what i had told him i thought we could do. In short he knew we had to be lucky and avoid injuries.

I still think that if we had somehow been able to stay healthy that we could have won 7 but with most of our key starters hurt the fact that kids are playing their hearts out is something to be proud of. I have been around the program for more years than i care to remember and other than the black walk out on Ben i cant ever remember a team being this decimated. We are the walking wounded guys. As my friend predicted the schedule this year destroyed us.

So it must have been back in July im on the phone with a good friend from Denver guy was a HS coach for years and he knows that i bleed orange. Im jazzed about the season and as we are talking he says to me are you kidding. With your schedule and no breaks you will be lucky to make it through the year let alone win 8 which is what i had told him i thought we could do. In short he knew we had to be lucky and avoid injuries.

I still think that if we had somehow been able to stay healthy that we could have won 7 but with most of our key starters hurt the fact that kids are playing their hearts out is something to be proud of. I have been around the program for more years than i care to remember and other than the black walk out on Ben i cant ever remember a team being this decimated. We are the walking wounded guys. As my friend predicted the schedule this year destroyed us.
Week 2 bye week

How the f decided this What

Gave the game away to Maryland and tonight. The game was given to FSU and ND as they were much closer than the officials wanted to allow. I am not saying those were wins but we should have been in a rock fight to the end. ACC/NCAA/money people want the FSU's/ND's in the playoffs not the Kansas States, ECU's, Syracuse types messing things up. Played Clemson tight and was close to almost being a touchdown. Bye's really hurt us and we have to get this offense thing figured out. Need to find a QB and and identity. I would say our D has been pretty solid since SS came aboard way back as the DC. If we were healthy, I would be all for 8 wins. I am not sure if we can win another. The OL is in bad bad shape and the son of a guns are given it all they got. Much props!

The only people in the universe predicting 7-8-9 regualr season wins post on this board.

Most of the objective preseason analysis of our team and program were predicting below .500 and no bowl. Keep in mind, Vegas also set the O/U at 5.5. And that was before the decimation by injury.

Getting to bowl, with a marginally talented team and an uproven, 2nd year HC, was always going to be the measure of success this year, IMO anyway. Yes, it's still possible, but highly improbable (infinitesimally improbaly?) .

We are likely in for more of the same next year - a battle to get to 6-6. This is why it is stupid to add elite SEC teams like LSU to an already too difficult schedule . Fool's gold.

But hey, lock the gates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom