My goodness - Peyton Siva... | Syracusefan.com

My goodness - Peyton Siva...

It was essentially by default I suppose. I cant think of anyone who is clearly better and Louisville is a top 5 team.

LOL, he is so out of control half the time he'll have too much ground to make up. Lville is the same team that struggled along and got hot late in the season. they have less shooting but a healthy Blackshear and Ware. Behanan is a beast and should be even better. Dieng is a very good college center especially defensively. If I had to watch Smith and Siva as our lead guards I'd have a very hard time making it through the season sane.

Every team has a lot of good players, but I would be hard pressed to name a great player.

Mr. Turnover Machine. #180 in the country last year in assist/turnover ratio.

I normally just refer to him as T.O.M... short for turnover machine

Every team has a lot of good players, but I would be hard pressed to name a great player.
clearly you're not familiar with Jon Rothstein... He tells me Jerami Grant is tony the tiger GREATTT... and that he's 7'3"

The post season run Obviously elevated him in the minds of the coaches. Not me though. Worst preseason player of the year ever.

I agree. I am not feeling it either. He is the reason I don't think Louisville will win the Big East regular season. Now a tournament, that is something different.

Kudos to Peyton Siva. He is one of the reasons we will win on January 19th and March 2nd next year.

but... but... he's short and he can dunk!

If he's the best this conference has to offer, we suck.

Might be the worst preseason POY in conference history.

come on!!!! just last week I saw him cutting at the grass at the big east headquarters and was dating the homely daughter of the secretary

Most impactful player in the BE.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

yeah, I was actually really impressed with Dieng and think he's a virtual lock to be the best player in the conference (at least as defined as best player on the best team). I mean, L'ville is loaded and very likely to win the BE and Dieng blocked more than 4 shots per game and still found time to grab 9 boards a game last year. He's not awful on offense either.

If he's the best this conference has to offer, we suck.

Might be the worst preseason POY in conference history.

Senior, post season run, good, feel good story him and his Dad, it's almost a lifetime achievment award.

yeah Im not sure about POY. He's a defensive pest, but much like the rest of Louisville, has trouble scoring.

I think Cooley will put up the most impressive figures for a conference title contender. Somewhere in the 16 and 10 range would seem plausible. Porter is another guy, but unless Gtown can sneak into the top-4, his numbers will likely be discounted.

If you go with the best player on the best team theory, Behanan or Blackshear are probably the most likely to have breakout years, but Siva will likely be viewed as the heart and soul of a very balanced team, and earn his share of votes.

I think Cooley will put up the most impressive figures for a conference title contender. Somewhere in the 16 and 10 range would seem plausible. Porter is another guy, but unless Gtown can sneak into the top-4, his numbers will likely be discounted.

If you go with the best player on the best team theory, Behanan or Blackshear are probably the most likely to have breakout years, but Siva will likely be viewed as the heart and soul of a very balanced team, and earn his share of votes.

Agree and I have no problem with Siva's preseason accolades. The talent is down a bit in the conference but he's the quarterback of a very good team. We got lucky when he had to sit that half with those "nickel-dimer" fouls called. He was killing us. I like him.

As an SU fan, I hope Siva is Louisville's best player this year. Because that means that the rest of their team is garbage. Maybe that is a bit harsh, but Siva is terribly inconsistent and he has a tendancy to be out of control. I do not see him as the best player on their team and nowhere near the best player in the league. I agree with others that put Dieng, Behanan and even Blackshear in front of Siva. They have a talented team, but trusting Siva to run the show opens them up to some bad losses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom