My official Nerlens Noel prediction... | Syracusefan.com

My official Nerlens Noel prediction...

Jake

Mod
I think he’s having fun with the process, which is good to see. Seems like a nice kid who’s being pulled in a few different directions. His tweet last night was interesting. I think he honestly thinks the place he’s going to choose is the “underdog” in his mind. The problem is, trying to figure out who he thinks the underdog is.

I think clearly the overwhelming perceived favorite in the past couple of days is Kentucky. However, I’ve heard all along, he really didn’t have a great visit there, nor do I think he wants to be compared to Anthony Davis and wants to make his own name someplace closer to home. So having said that, I’m ruling out Kentucky.

That leaves SU and Gtown. There has been a TON of Georgetown buzz lately. Including what I heard was a lot of Gtown chatter out in Oregon this past weekend with regard to Noel. There was also that survey of 12 HS ballers and all the tweets over the weekend that had Gtown gaining momentum in this race. If Nerlens is aware of all this…you would think his perception is that Gtown and UK are the favorite – and that perhaps Syracuse is the choice.

However, I think for months the perception was that it was coming down to Syracuse and Kentucky, and Gtown has emerged like a racehorse on the outside. Therefore you could consider Gtown as the underdog.

Having said all that, and I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but I bet for the past ten years, in every very, very public recruiting battle (Hodge, D Sims, T. Harris, F Melo etc) that we’ve had, if we were getting the kid, I (and others) knew at least a day ahead of the announcement. I’ve heard nothing.

Therefore, my prediction…is the Hoyas.

Thanks for the heads up, appreciate all the information you and Francis provide the board. Disappointed if true but life goes on. We will be good next year.

I would hate to see this happen, but if that is his choice all I can say is good luck. He has handled the whole thing very maturely for a kid his age, and I will root for him(after he is in the NBA of course) ;)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vfc2fy

Not sour grapes, but now I am forced to hate him for life. His Momma is a hoya. God damn, the hoyas? For shame.

"Gon shock the world" certainly says Hoyas to me.

Wonder why he wrote his mom had to sign off, if she has been so pro G-town the whole time? Perhaps that's just him messing with everyone... But of all the schools, the one mom had the most reservations was SU.

The only thing that gives me pause is MCW still retweeting stuff about Noel coming to cuse. If you were going to your close friends heated rival wouldn't you let him know? If for no other reason than some friendly trash talk. In which case if MCW knows he's a lowlifeHoya, why bother?

Thanks for the info and your honest opinion. I hope you are wrong and that he was very good at leaving you in the dark. I would rather have him in G'town than Kentucky. I have grown to hate Kentucky more than I hate G'town. I guess that has alot to do with how sorry G'town has been and that the rivalry isn't what it use to be and how Kentucky alsways seems to come in at the end and pull the top recruits from everyone else. Calipari is a slime ball car salesman who lets everyone else do the hard work and determine who are the gems and then comes in to steal them away. It will also give us a chance for DC2 to shut him down when they play each other.

I do wish him the best no matter where he goes. I also hope Kentucky strikes out on Shabazz and Bennett as well.

I think he’s having fun with the process, which is good to see. Seems like a nice kid who’s being pulled in a few different directions. His tweet last night was interesting. I think he honestly thinks the place he’s going to choose is the “underdog” in his mind. The problem is, trying to figure out who he thinks the underdog is.

I think clearly the overwhelming perceived favorite in the past couple of days is Kentucky. However, I’ve heard all along, he really didn’t have a great visit there, nor do I think he wants to be compared to Anthony Davis and wants to make his own name someplace closer to home. So having said that, I’m ruling out Kentucky.

That leaves SU and Gtown. There has been a TON of Georgetown buzz lately. Including what I heard was a lot of Gtown chatter out in Oregon this past weekend with regard to Noel. There was also that survey of 12 HS ballers and all the tweets over the weekend that had Gtown gaining momentum in this race. If Nerlens is aware of all this…you would think his perception is that Gtown and UK are the favorite – and that perhaps Syracuse is the choice.

However, I think for months the perception was that it was coming down to Syracuse and Kentucky, and Gtown has emerged like a racehorse on the outside. Therefore you could consider Gtown as the underdog.

Having said all that, and I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but I bet for the past ten years, in every very, very public recruiting battle (Hodge, D Sims, T. Harris, F Melo etc) that we’ve had, if we were getting the kid, I (and others) knew at least a day ahead of the announcement. I’ve heard nothing.

Therefore, my prediction…is the Hoyas.
Ugghhh thanks for the info. Heres hoping you get a pro-SU heads up at some point today ;)

I don't really care where the kid goes, I am pretty middle of the road with recruiting, but I think he is heading to GTOWN as well... Sometimes its easier to choose the 3rd option when 1 and 2 aren't perfect

Damn. Anyone but the Hoyas.

The bright side is...at least he's not going to a contender.

I thought about this as well... Here's a number 1 recruit, from the NE, who is very good friends with our staff and players, and might end up at G-town. That stings a lot. I mean Georgetown! UK is bad, no question, but I have been prone to hate G-town since birth... I am not ok with this! :bang:

I think what he meant when he said "he was goin to shock the world", was to make Syracuse the favorite to win it all.
The world won't expect that we are the best with top talent.

Think back to us and KU two years ago they believed KU had better talent we just had good balence and experience.

Noel and DC2 on offense. Noel and sophmore defensive stud Rak on Defense! Book It becuase its a monster in the building.

College ball is about the best teams having the team leaders take on the responsibility that others on the court can't do efficienty. Thats why Noel will wear orange!!! Because he can do that next to DC and Rak.
Never give up!!!

He has said it's down to 3 for a while now. I don't see how choosing any of those 3 would be shocking, to anyone. My hope is that "Gon shock the world" is not a play on the Fab 5.

2 things

1. He said his mother still needs to sign off on it

2. Jake you said one reason u feel he is going elsewhere is because you havnt heard anything. In Harris case we heard and it wasn't good news. So not sure I understand your reasoning on that

I just dont get Gtown. I know theyve been to Final Fours recently and even though the Big Man U thing is way overblown, they do have Hibbert and Monroe in the NBA playing pretty well. However, they are not going to win anything next year. I dont even see them winning the Big East with Noel, let alone a championship. His supporting cast is a major downgrade from what he would have at Cuse and UK. He doesnt have any friends at Gtown like he does at Cuse. Its closer than UK but instead of a 5 hour drive to Cuse, its a 9 hour drive to D.C. Sorry but when we take over their arena time after time, I cant take them seriously.

mcw's still has to sign off on it to :p

Thankfully Jake your prediction is just a prediction. Whew! got alot of us sweating. :D

Noel will step up and do the things that Rak and DC2 can't do. He is that kind of a leader.

I dont see how gtown can outdo our staff in recruiting since we got midnight madness, uconn game, hopkins on him the longest etc...while gtown got his visit on selection sunday, i guess nerlens mom was really won over by jt3, cant think of any other reason...o well, i hope mcw pulls a god gift on noel in dc

2 things

1. He said his mother still needs to sign off on it

2. Jake you said one reason u feel he is going elsewhere is because you havnt heard anything. In Harris case we heard and it wasn't good news. So not sure I understand your reasoning on that
I thought this too, he explicitly said "unless you are me or my mom you dont know anything because my mother has to sign off on it and she hasnt signed off yet." To me, that was a horrible statement for Gtown considering thats his mom's choice.

If he goes to Gtown, imo it means he doesnt want any competition. He would get pushed at UK and especially at Cuse by the talent behind and around him. Gtown would crown him King of the Universe. I honestly cant think of any other reason Gtown is a good fit. I guess he really likes throwing back door passes.

I just dont get Gtown. I know theyve been to Final Fours recently and even though the Big Man U thing is way overblown, they do have Hibbert and Monroe in the NBA playing pretty well. However, they are not going to win anything next year. I dont even see them winning the Big East with Noel, let alone a championship. His supporting cast is a major downgrade from what he would have at Cuse and UK. He doesnt have any friends at Gtown like he does at Cuse. Its closer than UK but instead of a 5 hour drive to Cuse, its a 9 hour drive to D.C. Sorry but when we take over their arena time after time, I cant take them seriously.

I know this has no bearing but the number of #noel2cuse tweets is staggering, there is literally 1 #noel2gtown tweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom