My small world moment | Syracusefan.com

My small world moment

Cusester

Starter
While vacationing in Melbourne Florida I was sitting at the bar in Coasters (great beer selection-Stone ruination on tap) watching the Seton Hall game. A fellow asks if I'm from Syracuse and remembering how poorly the team had been playing for the last 4 games, I reluctantly admitted that I was. Anyway, he looked vaguely familiar. We chatted a while about the team and the Hop to USC rumors and then his face came back to me from the sports section of the Syracuse Herald Journal. I said "You're Bob Snyder!" That was about the time the team started their comeback in the SH game. It was a very cool moment.

Your NOT a true fan if you reluctantly had to admit it! Shame on you!!! Hand over your fan card bro!! WOW you bring shame on us TRUE fans!!

Snydes will talk SU hoops with anyone. Had a few conversations with him over the years after SU road games. He is a true historian of SU sports.

Wasn't he hot in FLA with that sweater vest on?

I went to college in Melbourne. I remember Coasters. Used to be called Shooters back in the day. (Apparently Flingers was taken.)