My Take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Haven't been to a game yet in the new dome (hopefully this year), but watching the game at home, when you can hear the PA guy in the background of the TV audio, it sounds clear. You can clearly hear when he's announcing the down and yardage and such. Must be something in the way they pipe other audio through the system?
Tom is very high in the 300s I'm low in the 300s. I thought the sound was better this past Saturday. I have Verizon and my smartphone worked much better than vs Colgate. It wasn't great but passable vs WMU.

I have Verizon and my smart phone didn't work at all but my apple watch did, at least for sending messages.

this is like going to the movies and they have the volume on super max when only 2 people are in the theater.

I wonder if where the crowd is matters as well.. Having 25K in the dome for bball is different than 25K for football.

Maybe they dont have a sytem with enough volume control to change how much volume they send out to various areas of the dome. how loud it is down low vs up top vs the end zone..

let's go old school

View attachment 231050

speaker sets under the seats. and mosquito coils.
Can I make out with my Hoosier girlfriend during the 2nd feature err half?
indiana-fan-bra-panties-a83777b7b2c43015c7264a03ae5c48b9.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in 117 and my smart phone works fine.

At this point almost seems like with all the advanced technology anyone who wants to hear any stadium audio/announcements could just use earbuds or headphones and tap into it bia bluetooth? Then everyone who doesn't could follow the video board if they can hear it clearly?

It's crystal clear on TV.
I must be like the only one that cares not one iota about the sound quality other than an occasional odd penalty call. It really is not a factor for me. But I sit in the end zone and I think for whatever reason, the sound is clearer than for those sitting on either side.

Last edited:
I must be like the only one that cares not one iota about the sound quality other than an occasional odd penalty call. It really is not a factor for me. But I sit in the dnd zone and I think for whatever reason, the sound is clearer than for those sitting on either side.

I don't make it up to enough games every year to make any impact on me personally but I guess if it's a frustration for a majority definitely warrants finding a fix.

Tom is very high in the 300s I'm low in the 300s. I thought the sound was better this past Saturday. I have Verizon and my smartphone worked much better than vs Colgate. It wasn't great but passable vs WMU.
I was middle 321 and it was ok

Didn’t the players say something in post game interviews about looking up at the ribbon looking for stats but it wasnt working? It was either this week or last week. sheesh

Hosting a friend from out of town and about to leave for a golf tournament but some quick thoughts on Saturday:

Another terrific tailgate. Food was great, as was the company. Good to see many old friends again. Natalie Smith was a great guest. Engaging, personable and beautiful too. Already has a great job lined up in NYC when she graduates in May. If I were her parent, I would be so proud of her. Great to see SU putting out talented grads like her.

SUMB was solid but needs more tubas. Please send reinforcements soon!

WMU brought about 50 fans. I think their fa base knew what was coming and stayed home.

Sound from the dome sound system is worse than ever. You can’t even understand the refs explaining calls any longer. And in this game, the refs were trying to explain calls with disturbing regularity. Kim Infanti still sounds like a bad sound effect of a screeching dinosaur from a cartoon from the 1960s.

Small crowd. I think there were less people in the building than against Colgate. Student attendance was no down significantly. Crows was still engaged and loud though.

WMU was totally outmatched. We are going to be hard to defend. Interesting that Colgate and WMU opted to pack the box and defend us mostly with press coverage. Encouraging that we have made teams pay dearly for doing this. With OG out early, we often had Brown, Hatcher and Jones out there. A lot of speed and size. Hard to press us right now. Need big, physical DBs with serious speed too.

Gill played some against Colgate and played a lot against WMU. Impressive that he has cracked into the WR rotation so early in his career. Looks like he might get significantly more PT while OG recovers.

Thought Wohlabaugh has been playing well. What a shame that he got hurt while playing some of the best football of his career.

The defense was awesome. Completely dominated WMU. Was wondering if they were going to even get a completion in the first half for a while. The run defense, ,our biggest weakness last season, looks terrific so far. Encouraging.

Also glad to see so many players participating on defense. Gould is getting more PT. Greenwood played a lot, I think in place of Clark. Farmer was a standout on specials and also played a lot on the field. Pretty clear he is going to make a significant impact this year. Simmons looks vastly improved. Clark might be our best athlete on defense and Barron has developed into Mr Reliable at rover.

The Wi-Fi in the dome was crappy again. Not good Relief coming soon, I hope.

Good win. Sad about OG and Wohlly getting hurt. Hope both can get back soon. David’s injury looked really serious.
So we’ve gone from a stadium named after an air conditioning company that had no air conditioning, to one named after a wireless company that has poor wi-fi.

Hopefully there’s not a company called Winner that wants to buy the joint.

So we’ve gone from a stadium named after an air conditioning company that had no air conditioning, to one named after a wireless company that has poor wi-fi.

Hopefully there’s not a company called Winner that wants to buy the joint.
I think the WiFi problem will be fixed quicker than the AC problem….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom