My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Small crowd. No students. Better not buy the townies. Not a big surprise, not given the teams' current record and the time of year.

The national anthem was sung by a kid Out of Baldwinsville HS and the Crane school of music at SUNY Potsdam. It was very operatic. Sounded like he was trying out for the lead in a Broadway show. Gilbert and Sullivan?

Colgate was so slow, small, and on athletic that any in-depth analysis is worthless. They were i.e. awful team, and Syracuse completely dismantled them. That is all that needs to be said. Trevor Cooney outscore the entire Colgate team over the course of the first half, and he was still beating them single-handedly well into the second half. I think he would've outscored them all by himself if he wasn't taken out to allow the subs to finish the game.

That being said, it was good to see Trevor shoot the ball well from the outside again. It was good to see the freshman and sophomore us I'll get a lot of quality playing time. Even Chinoso played a lot. All of them played at least fairly well, props to Buss for doing damage late. He was the Taco Bell MVP, if you dig what I am saying.

This was the 49th consecutive victory for Syracuse over Colgate. That has to be one of the longest winning streaks of one team against another in the history of college basketball. Not sure if it says more about Syracuse or Colgate…

I thought BJ was the Taco Bell MVP. Huh.

Yup, not much to say about this game except it went like it should. And I am not taking that kind of thing for granted this year!

Nice to see them get a rout. Really disappointed in Kaleb. Seemed JB was obviously bothered by quite a few offensive and defensive plays from him. 1st H surge started to happen when he was pulled from the game.

Nice relaxing win. Played great 1st half. Thought both G and Cooney were very good. Played meh the second half. I don't know why we can't continue to play well in the 2nd half of these cup cake games. It deteriorates into sloppy ball handling and bad shots. Also thought it was "curious" that we did not make our first substitution until 8 minutes into the second half and that was Patterson for Cooney. We're up 40 points and we can't play Chino a few minutes before garbage time? He did play the last 4:30 but by then that's just garbage time.

Nice relaxing win. Played great 1st half. Thought both G and Cooney were very good. Played meh the second half. I don't know why we can't continue to play well in the 2nd half of these cup cake games. It deteriorates into sloppy ball handling and bad shots. Also thought it was "curious" that we did not make our first substitution until 8 minutes into the second half and that was Patterson for Cooney. We're up 40 points and we can't play Chino a few minutes before garbage time? He did play the last 4:30 but by then that's just garbage time.

I thought Obokoh should've come in after Christmas took that hard fall before the under-12:00 timeout. The score was 55-19. Keep Christmas healthy, give the backup an extended run; seems a no-brainer. It's a shame the coach wasn't willing to do that.

Colgate ended the football series after we beat them 71-0 one year. I wonder whether they will do the same thing after this basketball game.

Complete mismatch. I liked the energy on defense for the first 30 minutes. Highlights were Trevor and Ronny drilling threes. Low light was KJ getting stuffed from behind on a breakaway.

Colgate ended the football series after we beat them 71-0 one year. I wonder whether they will do the same thing after this basketball game.

I hope not (and I don't think so - Colgate likes the big check), but it's surprising how uncompetitive my Red Raiders were after some crisp offensive execution early in the game. Many thought that Langel had gotten the program over the hump, but this season is off to a disastrous start. They were totally overmatched tonight.

I wished they'd bring the football series as the opener every year in the Dome. Then play Army home and home. Then a MAC and then a Power 5 team before the conference schedule. (Yeah, I know...this is the basketball board).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom