NASA’s Artemis Program | Syracusefan.com

NASA’s Artemis Program

Launch is scrubbed today. NASA can't get it up.

Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

Not exactly "entertainment" but I haven't seen anyone else talking about it. Some really great views of Wednesday's launch. There will be more engineering camera footage in the near future but for now this is pretty good stuff from a third party with views from remotely triggered camera nearer to the pad and tracking views from roughly 4 - 5 miles away. If you have never seen a space launch in person, it's sort of hard to capture on film, the experience (view, sound, shock waves, etc) is fairly mind blowing, especially when the rocket is crewed (this one is not, but will be for future flights).

For reference, this rocket is taller than the Statue of Liberty and weights over 3.5 million pounds at liftoff. It propels the upper stage and spacecraft to a speed of roughly 17,000 mph in 8 minutes.

Not exactly "entertainment" but I haven't seen anyone else talking about it. Some really great views of Wednesday's launch. There will be more engineering camera footage in the near future but for now this is pretty good stuff from a third party with views from remotely triggered camera nearer to the pad and tracking views from roughly 4 - 5 miles away. If you have never seen a space launch in person, it's sort of hard to capture on film, the experience (view, sound, shock waves, etc) is fairly mind blowing, especially when the rocket is crewed (this one is not, but will be for future flights).

For reference, this rocket is taller than the Statue of Liberty and weights over 3.5 million pounds at liftoff. It propels the upper stage and spacecraft to a speed of roughly 17,000 mph in 8 minutes.

We had a thread on the OT board. I’ll move everything here.

Oh sorry. I don’t have access to the OT Board, so never saw that.

Next flight will be somewhat similar to this one but will have an astronaut crew onboard. Plan is the flight after that will be a landing at the lunar south pole. The Neutral Buoyancy Lab at Johnson Space Center has a section that has been outfitted with lighting and floor surface to mimic the south pole (very different lighting conditions there than what was seen at the Apollo landing sites near the moon's equator). The buoyancy in the suits is adjusted to mimic the 1/6th gravity of the moon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom