Nate mink of ps | Syracusefan.com

Nate mink of ps

jgeorge322

Living Legend
I know a lot of people are bashing the new ps writers but I find the articles mink has been writing regarding the background of the players to be very good. I think they're positive and garner interest in the team. I say well done by him.

I think the post standard is getting exactly what they want from their writers. Community discussion (both positive and negative) and page clicks on their site.

I think the post standard is getting exactly what they want from their writers. Community discussion (both positive and negative) and page clicks on their site.

I like the volume of stories. I dislike some of the tone and perceived need by them to be controversial. Most of us like to hear about facts. We don't need them to interject their ratings, tier categories, or tell us SU could use a high school kid on their team this year. Mink is better than Cohen. Cohen has a decent article once in a while when he sticks to the story instead of his opinions and goes out of his way to be "smart". Too often he decides he is going to make the story...and be a part of it by telling us his opinion. If he keeps up his dickish slants, he will lose an audience and lose the ability to get stories from the SU staff.

I know a lot of people are bashing the new ps writers but I find the articles mink has been writing regarding the background of the players to be very good. I think they're positive and garner interest in the team. I say well done by him.

Agreed. It's nice to get a bit of background on the players. SU should help the PS (if they aren't) by suggesting future subjects.

My feelings: I'm going to give them a year. Some of the articles have been bad but you can't knock the number of articles. It is better than the alternative.

I don't think Cohen is a good writer. I find his stories to be elementary. I think he'd be better off sticking to a more fact based style like how I perceive mike waters. Let the facts tell the story and that's it.

All three writers do a good job telling stories, ex: the Whigham, Raymon pieces. None of them do a great job breaking down practice. Luckily, they're all young so they'll grow into it, or they're very expendable so they'll be replaced for someone who will.