NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

If Hayward didn’t break his ankle I think the Celtics would get out of the east.
Celtics got better overall but I think LeBron squeezes out one more.

Celtics last year
Thomas
Horford
Bradley
Crowder
Johnson
Brown
Olynyk
Jerebko

Celtics this year
Kyrie > Isaiah
Horford has been better thus far
Hayward was suppose to replace Bradley
Morris is 80% of Crowder
Baynes >>> Johnson
Brown has been way better this year
Tatum > Olynyk
Theis = Jerebko

If they had Hayward maybe Tatum doesn’t develop this year but they are better overall.talent wise.
Again Coach K wasted Tatum last year the guy is a lot better than he was at Duke. Tatum’s length was why Melo was a little off last night.

Celtics got better overall but I think LeBron squeezes out one more.

Celtics last year
Thomas
Horford
Bradley
Crowder
Johnson
Brown
Olynyk
Jerebko

Celtics this year
Kyrie > Isaiah
Horford has been better thus far
Hayward was suppose to replace Bradley
Morris is 80% of Crowder
Baynes >>> Johnson
Brown has been way better this year
Tatum > Olynyk
Theis = Jerebko

If they had Hayward maybe Tatum doesn’t develop this year but they are better overall.talent wise.
Again Coach K wasted Tatum last year the guy is a lot better than he was at Duke. Tatum’s length was why Melo was a little off last night.

Tatum’s length + Morris basically attempting to wrestle him every time down the court. It’s tough to go from trying to win a wrestling match to trying to make a jumper.

I thought it was funny/ridiculous how Melo got murdered when catching a pass but he still caught it and had the ball, so they didn’t call anything. But then they called him for traveling, taking away a jumper. They are so selective in enforcing the rules.

If Hayward didn’t break his ankle I think the Celtics would get out of the east.

Cleveland misses Kyrie badly, but Thomas hasn’t even played yet. If he comes back and plays at his usual level, things will look a lot better for them. He won’t help defensively, but they’ll be absolutely lethal offensively.

Cleveland misses Kyrie badly, but Thomas hasn’t even played yet. If he comes back and plays at his usual level, things will look a lot better for them. He won’t help defensively, but they’ll be absolutely lethal offensively.

Agreed and that’s why I said if. At some point I believe you need to get stops to pull away from teams. At least that’s what history says.

Agreed and that’s why I said if. At some point I believe you need to get stops to pull away from teams. At least that’s what history says.

They’ll probably magically trade for exactly what they need without giving up anything.

This is a nice sight.

Kerr remorseful for verbally abusing official

Popovich got a little salty recently, also.

The problem is that the coaches coach basketball, and the officials are reffing entertainment - the terms of which are dictated by the League. There's always going to be problems there.

Did anyone else catch Carmelo getting ejected on the worst call of the NBA season? Refs. Are. Terrible. Twitter going on ham on 'em right now too... rightfully so.

Did anyone else catch Carmelo getting ejected on the worst call of the NBA season? Refs. Are. Terrible. Twitter going on ham on 'em right now too... rightfully so.

This was 100% the correct call.

Also, technically the refs aren't the ones that decided this. It was decided by the replay officials in New Jersey. But yeah, the NBA rule book clearly states that this should be a flagrant 2 which = ejection.

NBA Rule:
When a player seeks out an opponent and throws an elbow which makes any contact above the shoulders, a Flagrant Foul Penalty 2 will be assessed.

Melo clearly seeked out Nurkic and elbowed him above the shoulders. It's pretty cut and dry IMO.

Quite possibly the stupidest call/ruling of all time.

I remember there was a take that KP wouldn't be ready to be the #1 option for the team with Melo gone.

I remember there was a take that KP wouldn't be ready to be the #1 option for the team with Melo gone.

To be fair, he didn't look like he was ready for it based on what we had seen going into the season, but my god he's been incredible.

To be fair, he didn't look like he was ready for it based on what we had seen going into the season, but my god he's been incredible.

Based on my extremely shallow research, I noticed that his efficiency didn't really drop when Melo was off the court last year, so I thought the concern was a little overblown. I obviously didn't expect this.

He has 9 assists in 9 games this year, so there are definitely some things to work on. But he has the highest usage rate in the league and is carrying a 59% True shooting, so yeah.

Phil Jackson is a great coach, maybe the best ever, but let's never forget he seemed to want to trade KP.

Based on my extremely shallow research, I noticed that his efficiency didn't really drop when Melo was off the court last year, so I thought the concern was a little overblown. I obviously didn't expect this.

He has 9 assists in 9 games this year, so there are definitely some things to work on. But he has the highest usage rate in the league and is carrying a 59% True shooting, so yeah.

Phil Jackson is a great coach, maybe the best ever, but let's never forget he seemed to want to trade KP.
Jackson is a petty man. He wanted to “trade” him because he embarrassed him by skipping the meaningless exit interview and it went public.
The MSG interview before the draft showed that.
They weren’t trading Porzingis or Jackson approaches Ainge before he made the Philly deal.

Well, hope you enjoy the dirt our wheels are kicking Cleveland/washington/toronto.

Hopefully the Celtics run away with the East early. Brad’s coaching and the team’s buying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom