NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

Gordon is always productive when he plays, problem is he never plays. He's played 65 games once in his career. His rookie year. Awful..

I wonder how much money Biyombo is going to get after seeing what Mozgov and Noah received...

The East after Cleveland has a bunch of decent teams. Are the Bockers a playoff team now?
Outside if Atlanta loses Horford I find it hard for an East team to fall out of the playoffs. Also, Washington will be better along with Milwaukee.
Cleveland/Toronto/Boston/Miami/Detroit/Indiana look like playoff teams maybe Charlotte and Atlanta could fall out.

And it makes Robin Lopez at 13 million per year even better
Noah for 4 years is just unfathomably bad I think.

The Knicks basically have the opposite of "The Process".

There is no reason for any of these moves.

If they had stayed put, waited til KD poo-poo'd the Clippers, they could have gotten real traction on Melo for Blake, since Blake is a FA after next year.

But now, you have an injury-prone center. KP playing the 4 instead of the 5. Melo playing the 3 instead of the 4. And D Rose ball hogging because his contract ends after this season and needs to prove he can still put up numbers.

This is awful.

The East after Cleveland has a bunch of decent teams. Are the Bockers a playoff team now?
Outside if Atlanta loses Horford I find it hard for an East team to fall out of the playoffs. Also, Washington will be better along with Milwaukee.
Cleveland/Toronto/Boston/Miami/Detroit/Indiana look like playoff teams maybe Charlotte and Atlanta could fall out.

Miami if Bosh is healthy is the only actual challenger to the Cavs. Otherwise, Bron can take a three week vacation in the middle of the season and the Cavs can still get the 1 seed.

Everyone else is moving deck chairs on the Titanic.

The Heat took the Raps to 7 games after trading away like eight players throughout the season to get under the cap.

The Knicks basically have the opposite of "The Process".

There is no reason for any of these moves.

If they had stayed put, waited til KD poo-poo'd the Clippers, they could have gotten real traction on Melo for Blake, since Blake is a FA after next year.

But now, you have an injury-prone center. KP playing the 4 instead of the 5. Melo playing the 3 instead of the 4. And D Rose ball hogging because his contract ends after this season and needs to prove he can still put up numbers.

This is awful.

it's just the absolute worst

it's just the absolute worst

The only solace that I take is that the Lakers are in a death spiral and making it worse by the day. I cannot believe how far that franchise has fallen.

Cleveland, Toronto, and Boston are clearly locks for the playoffs. I would think Indiana is a safe bet too. Miami depends a lot on the health of Bosh and Wade (and whatever moves they make this offseason). I don't think Detroit, Charlotte, or Atlanta are locks for the playoffs though. There's room for teams like the Knicks and Bucks to sneak in IMO.

Cleveland, Toronto, and Boston are clearly locks for the playoffs. I would think Indiana is a safe bet too. Miami depends a lot on the health of Bosh and Wade (and whatever moves they make this offseason). I don't think Detroit, Charlotte, or Atlanta are locks for the playoffs though. There's room for teams like the Knicks and Bucks to sneak in IMO.
I think Detroit could contend for a top 4 seed. Their entire roster has upside. It will be interesting to see what they do in free agency.

Woj says other teams are making multi year offers for Wade now. I'll believe he leaves when I see it though

The only solace that I take is that the Lakers are in a death spiral and making it worse by the day. I cannot believe how far that franchise has fallen.

Russell, Ingram, Randle, and Clarkson have a lot of promise though.

The CP3 trade veto killed the franchise. But at least there is young talent on the roster. They've gotta develop and show improvement for better FA's to want to go to LA though.

Yeah I like the direction of Detroit. They aren't a contender but a mid 40 win team I think without injuries.

I think Washington/Milwaukee/New York could sneak in but Charlotte/Atlanta are the best bets.

Also Dwayne Wade is meeting with San Antonio today.

The Mozgov contract just makes me shake my head. 66 million for a decent player is just insane. Wes Johnson is going to get 5-6 million and Dion could get 10-15 million.

Would you rather give Evan Turner 15 million per year or Dion Waiters 12 million per year?

Russell, Ingram, Randle, and Clarkson have a lot of promise though.

The CP3 trade veto killed the franchise. But at least there is young talent on the roster. They've gotta develop and show improvement for better FA's to want to go to LA though.

The Lakers wanted to either get KD / Russ or Love / Russ.

This is a terrible outcome for them.

I don't know if any of the four guys you just listed will ever be on an all star team.

Yeah I like the direction of Detroit. They aren't a contender but a mid 40 win team I think without injuries.

I think Washington/Milwaukee/New York could sneak in but Charlotte/Atlanta are the best bets.

Also Dwayne Wade is meeting with San Antonio today.

The Mozgov contract just makes me shake my head. 66 million for a decent player is just insane. Wes Johnson is going to get 5-6 million and Dion could get 10-15 million.

Would you rather give Evan Turner 15 million per year or Dion Waiters 12 million per year?

The money is crazy. I will say that Mozgov would seem to fit the Lakers system that they will be running with Walton. He's a good high post passer and screen setter who will help space the floor. He's the best guy out there that fits them that they had a chance at, and they had to sign somebody.

The Lakers wanted to either get KD / Russ or Love / Russ.

This is a terrible outcome for them.

I don't know if any of the four guys you just listed will ever be on an all star team.

We knew they werent getting any of them though. Guys like that dont sign with 17 win teams.

Ingram hasnt even played a game yet...hard to even project there.

I think people are way too down way too fast on Russell. I think he's going to steadily get better and will become an all star in 3/4 years. He's not a specimen to light the league on fire at 19, but he's got a lot of skills IMO.

Randle averaged a double double in essentially his rookie year...and he's just scratching the surface offensively. He can handle and pass...excited to see how he is used in the new system. If he starts to finish better with his right hand and becomes a more consistent shooter, he'll be awfully tough to stop. He blows by a lot of forwards when he faces up, and he's a bull inside.

Lakers biggest problem right now is ownership Jimmy Bust is so bad and in over his head that nobody would want to play for him if they can get paid elsewhere.

Their performance last year with LaMarcus Aldridge in the FA meeting was legendary bad. Jeanie Bust should be running basketball operations.

Lakers will eventually get good FAs because of living in LA. Clarkson/Randle are nice young players they need Ingram/Russell to develop under Walton and they could flip one in the future and sign a good FA next year in Westbrook.

The money is crazy. I will say that Mozgov would seem to fit the Lakers system that they will be running with Walton. He's a good high post passer and screen setter who will help space the floor. He's the best guy out there that fits them that they had a chance at, and they had to sign somebody.
Doesn't Walton want to run? If not I guess I read wrong. Mozgov is a good defender but he is slow.
They do have a lot of cap room but still I wouldn't want to give the guy 4 years to tie down the cap in the future. Paying Amir Johnson 12 million now doesn't scare me.

We knew they werent getting any of them though. Guys like that dont sign with 17 win teams.

Ingram hasnt even played a game yet...hard to even project there.

I think people are way too down way too fast on Russell. I think he's going to steadily get better and will become an all star in 3/4 years. He's not a specimen to light the league on fire at 19, but he's got a lot of skills IMO.

Well, if you knew you weren't getting any of them, you should tell ownership, because they definitely thought they were and are.

The Clippers got a sit down with KD over the Lakers.

Lakers are in a very bad situation.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 1m1 minute ago
Keep hearing that the Bucks are making a stealth play for D-Wade. He needs one team to offer him 4 years for big bucks for Miami leverage.

Here is D-Wade getting his 4 years from Riley now. If Riley let Wade County leave the Heat fans the few they have would be pissed.

Well, if you knew you weren't getting any of them, you should tell ownership, because they definitely thought they were and are.

The Clippers got a sit down with KD over the Lakers.

Lakers are in a very bad situation.

I dont blame them for trying. The only people who thought we were getting them right now are the casual NBA fan "Lakers get everybody", fan who hasnt really been paying attention.

Nobody elite signs with bad teams. The ping pong balls fell our way two years in a row...especially this year where we could have lost the pick to Philly. Just need those guys to develop. Then you have the ability to make a trade for a superstar if that becomes the best move.

I always expected it to be a long slog for the Lakers to get out of the basement.

Who want's to go there and have to deal with Golden State, San Antonio, and whoever Durant plays for.

They need to build/develop young players to be good again.

If Lebron goes anywhere after Cleveland my bet would be the Lakers. He didn't want to go there while Kobe was active and winning last year made it obvious to stay. If he doesn't sign the 5 year 210 million contract next year then I would bet on LA if he left Cleveland.

Lakers have a solid player in Clarkson. Randle has been kinda busty. Russell could really use a change of scenery after what he did to Nick Young. Ingram could be solid but he needs to put on weight fast or he could break after 50 games.

Jimmy Bust is their biggest problem right now. He is a doofus and is obsessed with proving he isn't.

If Lebron goes anywhere after Cleveland my bet would be the Lakers. He didn't want to go there while Kobe was active and winning last year made it obvious to stay. If he doesn't sign the 5 year 210 million contract next year then I would bet on LA if he left Cleveland.

Lakers have a solid player in Clarkson. Randle has been kinda busty. Russell could really use a change of scenery after what he did to Nick Young. Ingram could be solid but he needs to put on weight fast or he could break after 50 games.

Jimmy Bust is their biggest problem right now. He is a doofus and is obsessed with proving he isn't.

How has Randle been busty? He averaged a double double in his first year of playing.

The Russell thing will blow over and be forgotten if he plays well. Magic was getting booed at the Forum for getting the coach fired early in his career...that went away quickly.