NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Lol Bulls fans are begging for their players to take Grayson Allen out tonight. Curious to see how chippy this game gets.

Russell Westbrook’s wife 1, Skip Bayless 0.

just adding fuel to skip‘s fire. Exactly the type of stuff they want. In fact wouldn’t be surprised if fox paid her to send that out there. This is what the NBA is all about these days. Get the $ fan the social media flame. Very few relatively speaking actually watch the games anymore. Trade machine, free agency and youtube clips far more important

Lakers are now 1 game ahead of the Pelicans and are currently in 9th. If they drop out of the top 10 their draft pick would also go to the Pelicans. Lebron trying to get the scoring record might be the only thing that saves them. Spurs would probably be the only team that could knock them out as Portland doesn't appear to want to win at this point. Probably a big reach at this point but out there for sure
I believe that pick is unprotected

Raptors really missing Onunoby and Van Vleet. I had them in an eight leg parlay last night at home vs the lowly Magic. Not a good bet. Should have kept it seven legs.

I believe that pick is unprotected

The lakers are def losing the pick, if its top 10 New Orleans get its (from the Davis trade) and if it's 11-30 then the Blazers get it. If it's 11-30 then Memphis gets it. (In the Devonta Graham 3 way)

If Russell Westbrook is traded this off-season he will have played his entire five-year extension with five different teams and on one year each.
That extension is crazy in retrospect. I wish players could get paid more in their primes. Being paid Super max when you no longer Supermax player is it really great in basketball when the cap is the way it is. Baseball they have to give them those contracts because of they only get free agency one time. A lot of baseball contracts at the end are bad.
That’s typically in baseball though it’s not as bad in basketball.
Which is why if I were Washington I wouldn’t be giving Bradley Beal that five-year 200+ million extension.

If Russell Westbrook is traded this off-season he will have played his entire five-year extension with five different teams and on one year each.
That extension is crazy in retrospect. I wish players could get paid more in their primes. Being paid Super max when you no longer Supermax player is it really great in basketball when the cap is the way it is. Baseball they have to give them those contracts because of they only get free agency one time. A lot of baseball contracts at the end are bad.
That’s typically in baseball though it’s not as bad in basketball.
Which is why if I were Washington I wouldn’t be giving Bradley Beal that five-year 200+ million extension.
Washington really screwed themselves team building wise by keeping Beal this long. They’re stuck in no man’s land now: lose their best player for nothing or sign him to a contract he simply doesn’t deserve that will immediately hurt his trade value. He should have been gone years ago.

I understand their hesitation to get rid of him considering he’s an all star that legitimately wants to be there but they just can’t be a contender with him in a super max unless they get extremely fortunate in the draft.

It’s really a shame.

Raptors really missing Onunoby and Van Vleet. I had them in an eight leg parlay last night at home vs the lowly Magic. Not a good bet. Should have kept it seven legs.

We have been a mess coming back from the all star break.
Destroyed by the Hawks and Hornets by nearly 60 total.
And then the hapless Magic and Pistons.

That being said Raptors fans are used to being beat by ex-coach Dwayne Casey's horrible Pistons squads. Casey has his teams play like its game 7 of the NBA finals against us. They have a record of 9-3 against the Raptors in the past 4 years... and that includes the year the Raptors won the title and the year the Raptors went 53-19

Last edited:
We have been a mess coming back from the all star break.
Destroyed by the Hawks and Hornets by nearly 60 total.
And then the hapless Magic and Pistons.

That being said Raptors fans are used to being beat by ex-coach Dwayne Casey's horrible Pistons squads. Casey has his teams play like its game 7 of the NBA finals against us. They have a record of 9-3 against the Raptors in the past 4 years... and that includes the year the Raptors won the title and the year the Raptors went 53-1

Puts the Warriors 73-9 season in perspective

How many first rounders would Anthony Davis fetch in a trade?

Just wondering.

How many first rounders would Anthony Davis fetch in a trade?

Just wondering.
I don’t think either team would actually be interested, but there’s always been a very vocal contingent of Bucks fans that hate Khris Middleton and they’ve been trying to gauge opinions on the idea of trading Khris + _____ for Davis while Davis’ value is relatively low.

Davis is so damn good, but he is always nicked up. Kinda surprising to see Bam has made just one AS team.

This is a really fun Lakers-Warriors game right now

I don’t think either team would actually be interested, but there’s always been a very vocal contingent of Bucks fans that hate Khris Middleton and they’ve been trying to gauge opinions on the idea of trading Khris + _____ for Davis while Davis’ value is relatively low.

Well the Bucks should definitely do that if they could. Which I assume there's no chance of

The way the Lakers have been playing, I thought ABC woulda been smart to replace tonight’s Lakers-Warriors game with another game. Glad they didn’t.