NC State Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts 2

Ok say we rattle off the next 4 including clemson…21-10, get 1 victory in the ACCT…22-11. Is that enough for the tournament?
I think so. Villanova is next 4 out right now with a 15-11 record.

Ok say we rattle off the next 4 including clemson…21-10, get 1 victory in the ACCT…22-11. Is that enough for the tournament?
No, only 2 wins against tournament teams isn’t going to do it

First half where we were great without Judah; the ball moved well, everyone got touches, and of course Bell was on fire. They were playing hard on defense, and about even on the boards.

Of course Bell was going to cool down, but he didn't even try a shot that I saw until about 11 minutes left in the game, and then basically disappeared. The only threes he tried were off balance. Bad attempts. All his makes were wide open, with his feet set, and were basically set shots.

2nd half Judah started well, but JJ suffered for a while. When Copeland finally got in (after 7 minutes of very little from Taylor other than a block and a rebound or two), he was very good. Forced a few things, but that's who he is. I was more comfortable with him having the ball late, rather than Judah. They fouled Judah a few times on the drive and were just not going to give him that call late in the game.

Happy for a quality win. Didn't like a lot of the body language, like Chris turning away from the huddle and rolling his eyes at Autry right into the TV camera with about 1:40 to play. Didn't like seeing Quadir sparring with the NC students after the final buzzer. This whole team talks too much.

Bell needs to understand that opposing teams know he is our only true deep threat and that’s his best skill - he needs to work like a Reggie Miller to get open
He does absolutely nothing to get open. Once NC State finally realized that they needed to always keep a guy on Bell, you had 2 guys just standing in a corner watching the game.

After Q scored on that play with the Flagrant I had a feeling that could be the difference between winning and losing but I didn't want to jinx it.
It was... any time you can score 5 points on a trip it's usually going to impact the result of a 1 possession game lol

I never thought I'd say "shut up and dribble" (well, a bit less for Mintz) but here I am.

Hope all the urinals are okay.

Our 3 man offense, which we ran 75% or more in the 2nd half, is frustrating. Bell in one corner and JJ or Q or Taylor in the other. Brown and the other two guards up top with Brown setting screens trying to create a driving lane for the ball handler. It might be more successful if we kicked out of the drives once in awhile.

Judah needs to be set down and talked to, his me first attitude needs to stop.
Definitely don' t want him around next year.
He has talent but his me first attitude hurts a team.

I said a couple weeks ago that I'd be more comfortable starting JJ and Copeland at guard next year than have Judah back on the team. People questioned that, but I don't think there's any question that we move the ball better without him in there.

...good post kc but...I do not consider Bell getting one shot in the entire 20 minutes of the 2nd half as "forced feeding". Too many times Judah kept going to the basket regardless who was in the game or open. He never looks for anyone. I actually hate to come down so hard but he never looks to pass unless he is completely locked out. Then it is more of a desparation heave than a pass. Just a bad look and non team player
I agree 100% on Judah getting tunnel vision. I do believe it comes from his believe in himself vs him being selfish. I truly think he is trying his best to win and he is used to being the go to guy. It's why Red sat him for extended periods and why going with Q the last possession was brilliant. Reds in a tough spot. He can't win without Judah, yet he has to try and corral him. Dated if you do or don't scenario.
Maddening for sure:)

Mintz and Copeland talking trash to the crowd just an absolutely embarrassing look.
I have no problem with it. As Jake and dasher mentioned, this is the fan base that yelled the racist crap at my beloved Kueth. I will forever root against NCf-ing ST for what hey did to him.

They were on Q all game.

We are the fan base that loves and idolizes Devo…I’m sure Eric was right there yelling at them as well from in front of his TV. I sure was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom