NC State Still Thinks Orlando is Possible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Still Thinks Orlando is Possible

Can somebody explain to me why we are getting no looks for the Gator Bowl? I would take that over all the other Tier 1 bowls. Miami STINKS this year. If that game was in the Dome, I think it would go a lot like the Florida State game went. Their defense is filled with athletic freaks and studs, but we would find a way to put points on the board because their offense is boarder-line unwatchable.

Back to my main point, any reason why we couldn't land in the Gator Bowl??
I totally agree with you.

My main concern is how we don't travel [traditionally] as a fanbase to bowl games, compared to other programs. Might that not be a factor in NC State over us for a higher profile bowl?

I posted this in another thread but last year NCSt sold 1/2 their allotment of 6,000. They gave away 3,000 to military. 3,000. Big whoop for them.

I am beginning to hate NCSt real bad. If no Orlando, hoping it is in Nashville. Great city and lots of fun.

I posted this in another thread but last year NCSt sold 1/2 their allotment of 6,000. They gave away 3,000 to military. 3,000. Big whoop for them.

That's fair -- just raising it as a potential issue.

These mid-tier bowls need to make money, too -- surely ticket sales factor into their decision making about extending bids.

I wonder if this might come down to who the B12 representative is? If it's WVU, it will likely be us, if it's ISU it might be the Pack maybe? Ultimately it is the Camping Bowl's selection for the ACC, but not sure about the B12. Camping chose Miami over VT in 2016 despite the fact that VT was 1 game ahead in the standings, 1 game ahead in overall wins, beat Miami during the regular season and ranked #18 in AP and #22 by the CFP while the Hurricanes were not ranked at all. VT wound up going to the Belk that year.

Cheers,
Neil

I was thinking that the Orlando Sentinel would know better than anyone about who the Camping World folks were planning on inviting.

Their prediction, updated a couple of hours ago, is that Syracuse is headed to Orlando.

Updated college football bowl projections

Unfortunately, they think the opponent is Iowa State.
ACC gives SU the back hand again.

I was thinking that the Orlando Sentinel would know better than anyone about who the Camping World folks were planning on inviting.

Their prediction, updated a couple of hours ago, is that Syracuse is headed to Orlando.

Nice. And they have WVU going to the Alamo which is where the highest B12 team not in the NY6 bowls is suppose to go according to the WVU board.

Cheers,
Neil

They may think texas will win this weekend because if they do, we likely would play ISU.

They may think texas will win this weekend because if they do, we likely would play ISU.
Yes, that is the only way predicting WVU to the Alamo makes sense. I will be rooting for the Sooners this weekend. I am sure Iowa State has a fine team but I want a high scoring shootout with our old pals.

Maybe NCSU chokes vs. East Carolina this weekend. Go Pirates!

Maybe NCSU chokes vs. East Carolina this weekend. Go Pirates!

Such a weird team. Lose to A&T, then the next week boat race UNC. A season of ups and downs (mostly downs).

Pirates may not win it, but they absolutely have more than a puncher’s chance.

Such a weird team. Lose to A&T, then the next week boat race UNC. A season of ups and downs (mostly downs).

Pirates may not win it, but they absolutely have more than a puncher’s chance.
Vegas says 7% to win outright

Yes, that is the only way predicting WVU to the Alamo makes sense. I will be rooting for the Sooners this weekend. I am sure Iowa State has a fine team but I want a high scoring shootout with our old pals.

Ditto. Boomer Sooner.

Wish I knew if its Mickey Land, I have been scoping flights, I am going to have to do my best work to get RT flight under 300.00. The sooner I can book the better.

Yeah, I'm getting a 2001 vibe about this. NC State playing the role of VaTech. I remember how furious I was with the Big East then.

Seems like Nashville would be a fun trip for the team. The fanbase isn't traveling in numbers there or to El Paso though.

Yeah, I'm getting a 2001 vibe about this. NC State playing the role of VaTech. I remember how furious I was with the Big East then.

Seems like Nashville would be a fun trip for the team. The fanbase isn't traveling in numbers there or to El Paso though.

Me too.

They have OU winning and playing Alabama in the CFP. They have Texas being the B12 rep to the Sugar. Which leaves WVU as the best remaining team in the B12 not in the NY6 bowls. According to the WVU board the Alamo has the next best team after the NY6 bowls. So we will have to wait and see. Some posters on that board actually want to go to the Camping Bowl, but they want to play NC State since that was the game that was cancelled to start the season.

Cheers,
Neil

Vegas says 7% to win outright
Why aren't they playing WVU, the game cancelled because of the hurricane? NCSU could easily be beaten by the Mounties in that one.

They have OU winning and playing Alabama in the CFP. They have Texas being the B12 rep to the Sugar. Which leaves WVU as the best remaining team in the B12 not in the NY6 bowls. According to the WVU board the Alamo has the next best team after the NY6 bowls. So we will have to wait and see. Some posters on that board actually want to go to the Camping Bowl, but they want to play NC State since that was the game that was cancelled to start the season.

Cheers,
Neil

Yes Alamo gets first pick after the big bowls. But if texas loses to okie, most people think they drop out of the big bowls and will go to Alamo who has that first pick. Thus putting isu in Orlando.

This guy thinks NC State is a win away from the Camping World Bowl. He doesn't explain why he thinks NC State would be selected over Syracuse though. Bases it all on Joe Giglio's infamous bowl projections he wrote on paper, like it was still 1982.

Dszr4koWoAED9n1.jpg

If you go to Joe's twitter, he is doubling down on his info. He genuinely thinks he is right.

Bowl projections 2018: NC State may be a win away from Camping World Bowl

Can't blame them. NC State think they own ACC.

Tell the ACC it if we don’t go to the camping bowl then we’re gonna go and join the AAC!

Haha ha

I'd like to play Texas.

hi Orange fans - lots of speculation about bowls for sure. Enjoyed watching your team, this year, Dino has really done good work. Didn't enjoy it as much when SU hung 51 on us ( defense has not been our strength for sure) but you guys put up big numbers in several games. Giglio seems to be the only source Pack fans are hearing that suggests NC State in CW bowl. He does have a good track record but who knows? No one else seems to be projecting that scenario. But these things are pretty fluid right up to the last moment.
We had hoped to get some play for Music City, but it's making the rounds that Gator Bowl is interested in getting Miami-South Carolina, which means no ACC team for Nashville.
If that happens we would likely end up in the Belk - which had had their eye on UVa, but that has changed some with their 2 game losing finish. Truthfully it didn't sound like the Belk Bowl or NC State were doing much flirting this year as we've been there fairly frequently in recent times (and not really a new destination/travel type trip, but certainly convenient for many fans -somewhat of a comparison w/ SU and Pinstripe) and the bowl probably wanted something more fresh as well.
As someone suggested, we still have to play ECU and no telling what can happen...
Sorry for the long post.
Good luck and I still think the Orange end up in Orlando .