NC State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NC State

We give up way to easy I’d love to spar with some of these so called experts 1-0 against PAC 12, Sec and Big east this year 3-0 regardless and we can’t be considered beating NCState twice, UNC Pitt who should be in twice,…it’s just crazy to me Houston just lost by thirty why doesn’t their net drop ten? Maybe they should be a 3 seed with that bs logic

I’ll make another point if these experts aren’t reexamining their decisions at the 12th hour before tomorrow they should because it costs a University millions of dollars…biased bs NET

congrats, ACC

got an extra team in the tourney

mo $$$$$$

Not so sure about that. FWIW, based upon what transpired tonight with State and Oregon being bid stealers, Lunardi now has UVA on the outside looking in. If that's the case, it appears the 4 ACC bids are 3 NC schools and Clemson.

hmmmm... burns only with 2 fouls deep in the 2nd half...hmmm...refs seem to be swallowing whsitels thus far...hmmmmm

wonder why
Despite my dislike for NCSt, I can’t say I’m disappointed to see Bacot get abused by Burns with those ridiculous chest bumps pushing his way to the basket like he does to others but can’t take it from good old DJ. Burns has great footwork and balance for a guy his size and his ability to exploit double teams with his passing is great. How did we beat them twice and Maliq not have a permanent concave chest?

I believe all of the upset conference tournament winners will probably keep the ACC from getting more than four bids. None of the league's bubble teams did anything to improve their resume in DC, but NC State sure did everything to play their way into the tourney. That was a performance for the ages by DJ Burns and the Wolfpack.

Last edited:
I have always been a closet NC State fan, as living in NC for 5 years I quickly got tired of all the "its either Duke or NC" crap going on. State always being placed in a severe underdog role always made me root harder for them. That being said, they haven't always fielded the most likable teams, but I am happy that they played their way in after they beat us.

Despite my dislike for NCSt, I can’t say I’m disappointed to see Bacot get abused by Burns with those ridiculous chest bumps pushing his way to the basket like he does to others but can’t take it from good old DJ. Burns has great footwork and balance for a guy his size and his ability to exploit double teams with his passing is great. How did we beat them twice and Maliq not have a permanent concave chest?
Brown played him pretty tough especially stealling the ball in the first few games.

I have always been a closet NC State fan, as living in NC for 5 years I quickly got tired of all the "its either Duke or NC" crap going on. State always being placed in a severe underdog role always made me root harder for them. That being said, they haven't always fielded the most likable teams, but I am happy that they played their way in after they beat us.
So I guess we can say now that you have officially come out of the closet?

our ncaa chances died on the vine in december when we got drilled by tennessee gonzaga and then virginia. Net soared to like 120 and you really cant recover from that.

sadly thats been the kryptonite the past few seasons. I miss going 11-1 in the non conference

our ncaa chances died on the vine in december when we got drilled by tennessee gonzaga and then virginia. Net soared to like 120 and you really cant recover from that.

sadly thats been the kryptonite the past few seasons. I miss going 11-1 in the non conference
Doesn’t seem to be much reward for challenging your team in tough preseason tournaments if losing hurts your NCAA chances so much almost 6 months later.

Doesn’t seem to be a reward for challenging your team in tough preseason tournaments if losing hurts your NCAA chances so much almost 6 months later.
Its not even the fact that we lost those 3 games. Its that we got absolutely drilled in those 3 games which crushes your numbers. Throw in the chaminade game which was basically an exhibition game and you have a recipe for disaster.

Its not even the fact that we lost those 3 games. Its that we got absolutely drilled in those 3 games which crushes your numbers. Throw in the chaminade game which was basically an exhibition game and you have a recipe for disaster.

The Tennessee game falls apart under 4 - it's absurd that a coach has to think about the NET in that part of the game / season. NCAA version of FAFSA...

The Tennessee game falls apart under 4 - it's absurd that a coach has to think about the NET in that part of the game / season. NCAA version of FAFSA...
Agreed but its reality sadly in todays system

Doesn’t seem to be much reward for challenging your team in tough preseason tournaments if losing hurts your NCAA chances so much almost 6 months later.
Schools benefit in many ways from scheduling good non-conference opponents and playing in early season tournaments like Maui. Coaches learn the strengths and weaknesses of their team and it prepares them for the long season ahead. The thing which hurts your NCAA chances is not building a quality resume. Maui didn't hurt our tournament chances. What killed our NCAA resume was defeating only one quality opponent the entire season. UNC is the only team we beat that would have gotten an at-large bid this year.

Scheduling early non-challenging opponents builds up win totals, but it can also hurt your NCAA resume. Pitt loaded up on easy Quad 4 schools and was totally unprepared for ACC play where they started off 1-5. The Panthers won 12 of their last 15 games and would be a lock for the NCAAs if they hadn't played so many patsies early on.

The ACC is adding three more members who didn't make the Big Dance next season, including two schools that were PAC-12 bottom feeders this year. Avoiding tough preseason tournaments and good non-league opponents could be more costly in the future if the overall quality of the ACC does not improve. Go Cuse!

Very glad the North Carolina conference will have three North Carolina teams in the tourney. Very glad the near future ACC tournaments will be in North Carolina for five years in a row.

Basketball drives the bus, makes sense.

/snark

Not so sure about that. FWIW, based upon what transpired tonight with State and Oregon being bid stealers, Lunardi now has UVA on the outside looking in. If that's the case, it appears the 4 ACC bids are 3 NC schools and Clemson.
thats still an extra bid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom