NC State | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NC State

its just weird to me how clearly biased the refs often are in favor of one team or the other

in the ACC, for example, they seem to favor the carolina schools...and legacy acc teams

in the NCAAT, they tend to favor the underdogs/"no-names"

in general, home teams get a huge boost, too

i just wonder why all of that is necessary. i guess it all goes back to profits and ratings...but for me, it undermines the product significantly...so the juice isnt worth the squeeze

and ive watched enough NCAABB to convince me that this impartiality does happen and isnt coincidental.

im genuinely curious about the behind the scenes aspect of it and the psychology of the decision making to side with certain teams or types of team - it feels like its been decided for some reason.

but yeah ... really isnt any benefit from complaining about it...i guess

either stop watching or accept it, right??

Its all sports entertainment! I never forget that. Now that doesn't mean the players are WWE actors that are in on it. It simply means the organizations are all about maximizing the number of eyeballs.

Its all sports entertainment! I never forget that. Now that doesn't mean the players are WWE actors that are in on it. It simply means the organizations are all about maximizing eyeballs.
well they dont present it as such...its presented as fair competition

I dont think the players or (most) schools are in on it

its just to me...impartiality should be the thing that maximizes eyeballs...but i guess im just idealistic about that

the partiality is a threat...and ratings and buzz...have gone down in the last years in NCAABB, no?

maybe its just baked into the process that they cannot adapt...idk

Burns is a special talent. GREAT touch, footwork, decision making, passing, and a huge body. Unicorn.
and he possesses one quotient we sorely lack . LEADERSHIP . on the court he is the man !

well they dont present it as such...its presented as fair competition

I dont think the players or (most) schools are in on it

its just to me...impartiality should be the thing that maximizes eyeballs...but i guess im just idealistic about that

the partiality is a threat...and ratings and buzz...have gone down in the last years in NCAABB, no?

maybe its just baked into the process that they cannot adapt...idk

I live in the Baltimore area and tried to tell all the Ravens fans here that at the very least the Cheifs would make the superbowl if not win it. Eyeballs! Taylor swift brings in a ton of interest that the NFL would never usually get. Sure while it may annoy a large portion of existing fans its not going to stop them from watching. You have to ask yourself, "Is the NFL in the business of making money or having fair competition?" It would have been a bad business decision not too ensure the Chiefs made it to the final game.

I live in the Baltimore area and tried to tell all the Ravens fans here that at the very least the Cheifs would make the superbowl if not win it. Eyeballs! Taylor swift brings in a ton of interest that the NFL would never usually get. Sure while it may annoy a large portion of existing fans its not going to stop them from watching. You have to ask yourself, "Is the NFL in the business of making money or having fair competition?" It would have been a bad business decision not too ensure the Chiefs made it to the final game.
yeah - the NFL is most extreme...they set up their system to maximize the fluctuation of who is "good" season over season - presented as a way to create parity...but the real motivation is on the business side...maximizing fan interest and eyeballs. they actually dont care at all about parity in the moral or ethical sense.

yeah - the NFL is most extreme...they set up their system to maximize the fluctuation of who is "good" season over season - presented as a way to create parity...but the real motivation is on the business side...maximizing fan interest and eyeballs. they actually dont care at all about parity in the moral or ethical sense.

Fantasy Football was genius by them. It got regular fans to care about every game.

It was a two point shot, not a three-pointer.
Check the tape--it was a 3-point shot. This from next day's paper:

Michael O’Connell's buzzer-beating 3-pointer got the game to overtime and DJ Burns' dominance got NC State through to the title game. Burns scored 19 points to lead four Wolfpack players in double figures. O’Connell and Ben Middlebrooks had 12 points each, and Casey Morsell scored 11.

Late to the party, but a couple of things--

NC State's top 7 players are all transfers ( a couple double-transfers, and 4 are grad students). Maybe they needed to get to the end of the season to get the new arrivals integrated. 5 of the 7 are in their first year in Raleigh.

For the conspiracy theorists--Just before the tournament began, the ACCN had a preview show with an "expert" panel. They were asked what lower seed might make a surprise run. Two of them said NC State, which I found very strange as they were on a 4-game losing streak. Did they know something?

Check the tape--it was a 3-point shot. This from next day's paper:

Michael O’Connell's buzzer-beating 3-pointer got the game to overtime and DJ Burns' dominance got NC State through to the title game. Burns scored 19 points to lead four Wolfpack players in double figures. O’Connell and Ben Middlebrooks had 12 points each, and Casey Morsell scored 11.
You are correct.

I do not know which game I was thinking of.

I don't remember any phantom penalties against the Ravens. Their unsportsmanlike ones were stupid and obvious. Did the NFL pay off the Ravens Offensive play caller to not run the damn ball?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom