NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sun March 19 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sun March 19

I took the 7.5. Miami is just a roster full of shotmaking.

Game is going to be awesome.

Miami is fun to watch. Omir is a man among boys. He’s the heart and soul of that team. Wong finally played like the ACC player of the year.
My son went to HS with Wong until Wong transferred out after his FR year. He started as a FR btw. Wow I didn't think he'd end up being this good a player.

Timme getting every whistle possible lmao stop it

Only four of my Elite 8 teams survived…but it’s the right four.

Anybody else just get screwed or rewarded by that late 3 by TCU?
On the 4.5 line for Gonzaga

I personally got screwed -- I was actually quite happy when TCU fouled with 0.7 seconds left for no good reason, thinking it had given me the cover... and then the bomb.

I personally got screwed -- I was actually quite happy when TCU fouled with 0.7 seconds left for no good reason, thinking it had given me the cover... and then the bomb.

Screwed.

I
Fun watching America's darling the Big Ten flame out again with only Mich St left in the Sweet 16. Love it.
I know you live in Big 10 country and I can appreciate that it's fun to take shots. Trust me. But realistically, the only team that totally flamed out was obviously Purdue. The others either lost to teams within one of their seeds or played to their seeds, which isn't that horrible. But to your point, you'd think they'd still have more than one left.

Last edited:
I

I know you live in Big 10 country and I can appreciate that it's fun to take shots. Trust me. But realistically, the only team that totally flamed out was obviously Purdue. The others either lost to teams within one of their seeds or played to their seeds, which isn't that horrible. But to your point, you'd think they'd still have more than one left.
I hear you, but it's still enjoyable seeing them tie the Ivy with S16 teams and virtually assuring that we'll go another year without a Big Ten champ, something people graduating college this year have never seen in their lifetimes.

I

Indiana was bad and they should feel bad.

yeah was gonna pull for them over Tenn...now, I guess I’ll just root for whomever wins to lose to Michigan State/K State
You can still root for FAU -- FDU was taunting and targeting him the entire game. He's a kid, made a mistake and coach handled it, didn't let him attend the postgame.

Damn didn't know that is how I lost that one.

I withdrew everything from my account and went to bed luckily at 845 absolute bloodbath of a day yesterday lost every game other than K State.

2014 de ja vu all over again.

With that said, have to give it to them, they are really good and should get out the region imho.
UCLA, Arkansas and Gonzaga aren’t pushovers. Really sucks UCLA lost the defensive POY in the PAC 12 though.

I

On a complete aside...oh my god, that move that Ramos of Purdue threw on Lee in the closing moments of their semifinal match Friday night that ultimately pinned Lee was truly epic. In all my years of following the sport, etc., I've never seen such a stunning and beyond incredible move, not to mention the time and place and against a 3 time champion on his way to a probable 4th.

I've had to watch and re-watch it on my DVR (and place it in slow-mo) and still I'm totally and completely amazed by it. It was truly as epic as it gets in the sport.

All of that, Ramos still lost in the Finals to Glory of Princeton, where, for the most part, Glory was in full control the entire match. Although, undoubtedly, years from now, folks will always remember that epic semi-final, far more than recalling Glory taking the title.

On a complete aside...oh my god, that move that Ramos of Purdue threw on Lee in the closing moments of their semifinal match Friday night that ultimately pinned Lee was truly epic. In all my years of following the sport, etc., I've never seen such a stunning and beyond incredible move, not to mention the time and place and against a 3 time champion on his way to a probable 4th.

I've had to watch and re-watch it on my DVR (and place it in slow-mo) and still I'm totally and completely amazed by it. It was truly as epic as it gets in the sport.

All of that, Ramos still lost in the Finals to Glory of Princeton, where, for the most part, Glory was in full control the entire match. Although, undoubtedly, years from now, folks will always remember that epic semi-final, far more than recalling Glory taking the title.
That was just stunning that Spencer got beat. Ramos did build an 8-0 lead in the first period in the Purdue-Iowa regular season dual before Lee pinned him at the end of the first period. But that really was amazing. I was just stunned in front of the tv for about 5 minutes. I can't imagine getting that close to being a 4 time champion - something I think only 5 other guys have done - and get beat.

But Glory did take it to Ramon in the final. Would have been interesting to see Lee- Glory in the final.

I decided today that I don’t care if UConn wins it all. I’m not going to ‘root’ against a bunch of kids because some jamokes don’t like Hurley, because what? He has a doucheface or comes out onto the court more than our coach or yells at his players in a different way than our coach yells at his players or we used to be conference rivals or whatever. I saw a 30 second post game interview with their big kid Snowcone or whatever and that’s what college hoops is about.
My son and I had this discussion during the Iona-UConn game.

He does not understand my animosity towards UConn and Rutgers.

He was 9 when we left the Big East.

He knows G'town was our main rival and he has watched Requiem for the Big East.

He had no idea Rutgers was ever even in the Big East.

His point was how can UConn be a rival when we (almost) never play them. Same with Rutgers.

To him UConn and Rutgers are no different than any other Big 10 and Big East schools.

Considering his perspective, he is not wrong.

My son and I had this discussion during the Iona-UConn game.

He does not understand my animosity towards UConn and Rutgers.

He was 9 when we left the Big East.

He knows G'town was our main rival and he has watched Requiem for the Big East.

He had no idea Rutgers was ever even in the Big East.

His point was how can UConn be a rival when we (almost) never play them. Same with Rutgers.

To him UConn and Rutgers are no different than any other Big 10 and Big East schools.

Considering his perspective, he is not wrong.
I was an SU student from 85-89, so i went through the 'rivalries.' From a 'sporting fan context,' i 'hated' Georgetown and UConn. But, it was always with that context. It wasn't real or visceral. There was no actual animosity. I probably 'hated' Duke even more, but i had friends who went to Duke, and even though i loved it when Duke lost, and sometimes i wouldn't even watch any tournament games (except ours) until Duke was out of it, it wasn't all that serious. And i could still like and admire certain players from each of those teams. And still really 'hate' some (Laetner...).

Maybe that's all that is going on here on this forum, now, too. But, it seems different. There seems to be genuine anger at certain coaches—in game threads, people react with vehemence when they notice coaches out of the coaching boxes! I mean, gosh—from my perspective, that's just a bit too much attention focused on the wrong thing. I just don't care about such things. I care about cheating. Other than that, it's about the players and how they conduct themselves on the court (and off, where relevant).

I wonder if this 'new perspective' has anything to do with my aging, or if it's related to my general growing apathy toward college sports in general, either because we're not good or because of NIL ugliness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom