Women's Rowing - NCAA Championship: May 27-29 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Rowing NCAA Championship: May 27-29

http://www.ncaa.com/news/rowing/art...division-i-womens-rowing-selections-announced

The NCAA Division I Women’s Rowing Committee has selected the teams that will compete in the 2016 NCAA Division I Women’s Rowing Championships. The championships will be held May 27-29 at the Sacramento State Aquatic Center in Gold River, Calif. with the Pac-12 Conference serving as host.

The team championship is composed of 22 teams. Eleven conferences were awarded automatic qualification and the remaining 11 slots were filled with at-large selections to complete the championship field.

Teams qualifying for the championship as an automatic qualifier or as an at-large are required to field two boats of eight rowers and one boat of four rowers.

For the I Eights, II Eights and Fours, all 22 boats will be seeded into four heats.

The following teams were selected:

Automatic Qualifiers:

California (Pac-12 Conference)
UCF (American Athletic Conference)
Gonzaga (West Coast Conference)
Jacksonville (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) Princeton (The Ivy League)
Rhode Island (Atlantic 10 Conference)
Navy (Patriot League)
Northeastern (Colonial Athletic Conference)
Ohio State (Big Ten Conference)
Texas (Big 12 Conference)
Virginia (Atlantic Coast Conference)

At-Large Selections:

Brown
Duke
Indiana
Michigan
Southern California
Stanford
Syracuse
Washington
Washington State
Wisconsin
Yale

View: https://twitter.com/Cuse/status/736609969894793216

The first varsity eight crew placed sixth in the first A/B semifinal on Saturday, covering the 2,000-meter course in 6:42.162. Syracuse advances to Sunday's petite final, which will begin at 1:48 p.m. EST. The Orange can finish no worse than 12th place and no better than seventh overall.

Syracuse's second varsity eight boat took home runner-up accolades in the first C/D semifinal, recording a time of 6:44.991. The Orange will compete in the third-level final on Sunday, which kicks off at 11:48 a.m. EST. The second varsity eight can finish no worse than 18th place and no better than 13th place.

The first varsity four crew capped the day off with a victory in the first C/D semifinal, finishing in 7:20.895. Similar to the second varsity eight, the first varsity four will race in the third-level final on the final day of the NCAA Championship. Racing will start at 11:24 a.m. EST.

1V4 SU finishes in 14th place

2V8 SU finishes in 15th place

1V8 SU finishes in 12th place

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online