NCAA continues to impress... | Syracusefan.com

NCAA continues to impress...

Hoov50

Starter
Unless I don't know my time zones, I have a rhetorical question (since I know the answer already: the NCAA is run by idiots): why do you have the latest game of the night scheduled at the only site in the eastern time zone?

Unless I don't know my time zones, I have a rhetorical question (since I know the answer already: the NCAA is run by idiots): why do you have the latest game of the night scheduled at the only site in the eastern time zone?

Because CBS has been doing the back to back games at the same site in the afternoon (they did it last year too). This means only one game will be shown. Plus they want a marquee game and Duke/Creighton fits the bill.

Because CBS has been doing the back to back games at the same site in the afternoon (they did it last year too). This means only one game will be shown. Plus they want a marquee game and Duke/Creighton fits the bill.

They have to play the games at the site back to back. If they are looking for at it this way because it is a marquee game it doesn't make sense for CBS to put it on TBS.

So the world turns to the Duke game on CBS at halftime of the Miami game and instead of the game they find "The Good Wife". It took me 10 minutes to find out the game was on TBS. I'm not sure the average fan is going to go through all of that. There shouldn't be games on this late on a Sunday night. Even the Super Bowl is played earlier.

So the world turns to the Duke game on CBS at halftime of the Miami game and instead of the game they find "The Good Wife". It took me 10 minutes to find out the game was on TBS. I'm not sure the average fan is going to go through all of that. There shouldn't be games on this late on a Sunday night. Even the Super Bowl is played earlier.

I actually like it. I hated it when the games would end at 8pm in past years on Sunday.

I actually like it. I hated it when the games would end at 8pm in past years on Sunday.

I want the late games to start at 9, not 10 though if possible.

Ole Miss getting the easiest road ever to the F4 is just too perfect for a lightning rod Devo-like kid who is half as good as he thinks. Yet somehow I hope they get there.

Right, so you start the last game at 8 pm. They could have had another game this afternoon. Same crap as yesterday. Hardly anything in the afternoon and then boom, all four at the same time. I'm not sure who they are trying to placate. I'll watch the end of the Ole Miss game, then maybe watch the end of the Miami game if it looks promising but there is no way I'm going to watch the 2nd half of the Duke game.

LaSalle has really gotten screwed by this schedule. They play KSU 2:30 Friday but the NCAA makes them play the 2nd play in game on Wednesday night that got over just before midnight. Now they are playing the 2nd to last game Sunday night and have to play in LA on Thursday. Since Ohio St./Zona is the marquee game in the West regional that means LaSalle/Wichita St. will probably be the early game at about 4:15 local time. Dayton to KC probably back to Philly then to LA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom