NCAA F4 Tix (A New Reality) | Syracusefan.com

NCAA F4 Tix (A New Reality)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
The NCAA is getting in the Tix business in a big way. They are legitimizing the secondary market and making a nice profit on it.

I paid $200 plus $36 for a paperless (FlashSeat) ticket through PrimeSport http://www.primesport.com/ in Section 317 for 1 tix (I bought two for $472). The NCAA certifies the legitimacy of the tix. The good news was JarheadJim and I were able to sell our tix easily for Monday's game. You transfer control of the ticket to the Official NCAA Ticket exchange and post it for sale. You have to pay a 5% charge to resell. It looks like you can even turn your paper tickets acquired through other methods (NCAA lottery, SU Section Seats, StubHub, etc...) into a "FlashSeat" and sell it through PrimeSport.com.

Using the system worked well on gameday. I swiped my credit card used to buy the tix and out came the tickets at the gate. You can even transfer a ticket if one in your party is arriving late. If you left your credit card home...no problem you can edit your account with a new credit card or drivers license.

I actually undersold and probably could've made another $50-100 per tix as pricing strengthened later on Sunday as UL and UM fans were looking big time. But I wasn't greedy and had a great Sunday realizing my total cost to see the games on Saturday was only $90 or so. I literally could've seen the games on Saturday and probably sold my Monday tix for what I paid for the whole strip. Oh well...live and learn.

Bottomline: No more cheap tickets. Paper Tickets were scarce and prices were strong. The era of $20 tix to see the national championship game are over. The plus side is the ability to easily upgrade or resell tix. The biggest winner is the NCAA in all this.

Michigan fans coming in hoards and the ease of accessibility of Atlanta drove the ticket prices up. I was shocked at how many people were looking to buy right before Saturday's game.

I drove up thinking it wouldn't be too difficult to find tickets, but almost got shut out. Luckily KingOtto came through with some awesome seats at the last minute. Running into TexanMark and Jarhead at just the right time outside Hudson's saved me from missing out. Many thanks to you guys!

The NCAA is getting in the Tix business in a big way. They are legitimizing the secondary market and making a nice profit on it.

I paid $200 plus $36 for a paperless (FlashSeat) ticket through PrimeSport http://www.primesport.com/ in Section 317 for 1 tix (I bought two for $472). The NCAA certifies the legitimacy of the tix. The good news was JarheadJim and I were able to sell our tix easily for Monday's game. You transfer control of the ticket to the Official NCAA Ticket exchange and post it for sale. You have to pay a 5% charge to resell. It looks like you can even turn your paper tickets acquired through other methods (NCAA lottery, SU Section Seats, StubHub, etc...) into a "FlashSeat" and sell it through PrimeSport.com.

Using the system worked well on gameday. I swiped my credit card used to buy the tix and out came the tickets at the gate. You can even transfer a ticket if one in your party is arriving late. If you left your credit card home...no problem you can edit your account with a new credit card or drivers license.

I actually undersold and probably could've made another $50-100 per tix as pricing strengthened later on Sunday as UL and UM fans were looking big time. But I wasn't greedy and had a great Sunday realizing my total cost to see the games on Saturday was only $90 or so. I literally could've seen the games on Saturday and probably sold my Monday tix for what I paid for the whole strip. Oh well...live and learn.

Bottomline: No more cheap tickets. Paper Tickets were scarce and prices were strong. The era of $20 tix to see the national championship game are over. The plus side is the ability to easily upgrade or resell tix. The biggest winner is the NCAA in all this.
I hear ya...the exact same thing happened to me...I probably could have sole my section 301 tickets more then $95 ea. plus, they said I weould get a check from them in 7-10 days...although ea all paid them via a credit card. They just hold the $ for more time and interest for NCAA.

A poster (I won't say his name) just sold his $310 SU Tix packages and got $400 per tix for just the championship game alone. He said he didn't even try hard to sell them.

A poster (I won't say his name) just sold his $310 SU Tix packages and got $400 per tix for just the championship game alone. He said he didn't even try hard to sell them.
I guess it makes sense. I'm wondering if it was to a Michigan fan. They have a huge alumni base plus they haven't been to there for a very long time. Detroit is a 10 or 11 hour drive and Louisville is a 7 hour drive, so people could have got in their car this morning and be in Atlanta for dinner. You can't do that from Syracuse.

A poster transferred his $400+ tixs to me. We ended up posting two in section 316 for $200 each. After more carefully reviewing the comparables, we upped the price to $275 each.

Somebody whom had tixs on our same row dropped their tixs from $350 to 199. They must have done this after seeing mine for 200. I figured theirs would go quickly, and ours would be the only one on that row.

I sweated during the 7 hour ride home. I was prepared to start dropping them. However, as I pulled into my driveway at 10 PM, They sold for $275.

I checked prime sports again, and the comparables were in the $300s. There really wasn't anything available for under $300.

We may have sold them for more, but who knows?

I sold my 2 tickets in 345 for $500 on craigslist and that may have been underpriced. Had people emailing me all night after I sold them. The funny thing was scalpers were lowballing me after the game, but had no interest because they were flashseats.

We should of held out we could of turned a profit...LOL

Hard tickets to sporting events and concerts will be a thing of the past within 5 years. Paperless ticketing is huge. Putting the access to an event on your phone, credit card, drivers license, fingerprint, retina, etc its all coming and coming fast. Electronic tickets give the venue complete control over everything you can do with that ticket - resell it, transfer it to a buddy - so they can get their cut. Same will apply to season tickets - no more sheets or booklets it will all be on a smart card or similar object in your wallet or on your phone.

Oh, and the NCAA...while this stuff is convenient for the fan it is all done with $$ in mind. They do so much to screw the average fan over it is ridiculous.

Back in 2010 when Syracuse played the first round in Buffalo the NCAA held hundreds of tickets back from being sold to the public or allocated to the teams, instead putting them up for sale on their 'premium' website. When the first games approached and large number of these tickets remained unsold the NCAA instructed arena staff to go out and sell them on the street as opposed to offering them for sale through regular channels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom