NCAA National Championship: Mon April 8 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Mon April 8

Caraban has been making big defensive plays this entire Final 4.

Purdue is exhausted. How do you let up a tip in there? Come on.

Hurley is the best play caller I’ve ever seen after a timeout. They score almost every time after timeouts. Never seen anything like it

Hurley is telling them to their face what he's doing.

Purdue has to win the first four minutes or else this will be over quick.

Purdue needed halftime to come ASAP. They were tired.
Hopefully they can find something in the first 4-5 minutes of the second half, to draw it closer, and give them some momentum.

uconn does all the dirty work and gets no fouls called and that adds up over 40 min. screens, push offs all over but you need to be as physical or they will beat you up. most teams dont want to work that hard

Looks like Edey burned too brightly and tired out. I thought Purdue played very well, but they’re still behind by six and UConn constantly got easier baskets.

Edey 16p 5r 2b >>> Clingan 7p 2r 1b but Clingan has had his moments, forcing at least 3 minutes with his defense. And Clingan's teammates have out-scored Edey's 29-14.

All this "Edey is tired" talk - the guy is 7'4" 300 lbs and literally doesn't sit. Of course he's going to tire. He's not going to score 20 in the 1st half. He's doing everything in his power to win this game.

The problem is Uconn is too physical with Purdue's guards. Loyer and Smith can't get free to get any sort of looks. And on the other end, it's tough for Smith and Loyer to defend and slow Uconn's penetration.

I hate Hurley but the kids love his intensity. He’s better than any coach we ever had…

Get the guys the other team hates.

I dont see any counter moves that Purdue has. They should milk the clock slow the game way down and try to steal it at the end.
Otherwise it's going to be over.

uconn does all the dirty work and gets no fouls called and that adds up over 40 min. screens, push offs all over but you need to be as physical or they will beat you up. most teams dont want to work that hard

John Thompson, Jim Calhoun, Jamie Dixon and Rick Pitino say: "If you can get away with it, it's not a foul". (And if you constantly foul you will get away with it.)

All this "Edey is tired" talk - the guy is 7'4" 300 lbs and literally doesn't sit. Of course he's going to tire. He's not going to score 20 in the 1st half. He's doing everything in his power to win this game.

The problem is Uconn is too physical with Purdue's guards. Loyer and Smith can't get free to get any sort of looks. And on the other end, it's tough for Smith and Loyer to defend and slow Uconn's penetration.
Their guards are just using Clingam for foul line screens and Edey is no where to help. Easy shots after easy shots.

I cannot envision M. Brown having to go up against either of tonight’s centers.
Would have liked to see him back playing forward, but “es la vida”

I cannot envision M. Brown having to go up against either of tonight’s centers.
Would have liked to see him back playing forward, but “es la vida”
Edey would swallow Brown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom