NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1617537577853.png

690- I was thinking of hedging my Baylor +1000 ticket by taking Baylor + 4.5. What do u think? :)

Who you got?

Hopeful we get another one down to the wire, but I’ve got a suspicion Baylor may be too tough.

690- I was thinking of hedging my Baylor +1000 ticket by taking Baylor + 4.5. What do u think? :)
Ha. Love it. In all seriousness, since my Zags ticket is only +130 I’m gonna let it ride. Can’t wait for tonight

Eric15 knows precisely how much I’ve predicted the Zags to win. Hahaha

Ha. Love it. In all seriousness, since my Zags ticket is only +130 I’m gonna let it ride. Can’t wait for tonight

Eric15 knows precisely how much I’ve predicted the Zags to win. Hahaha
Yeah I can't wait either. I hope the refs let em play, within reason of course.

I was listening to the VSIN fellas a few minutes ago and they were making the case for Gonzaga with one saying they have the better depth. Whaa? Baylor has been getting 20-30 points from their bench every night out lately and have three legit guys play serious minutes. Meanwhile we kinda saw what Few thinks of his bench on Saturday night. White knuckler game and he played two guys limited minutes.

Good luck!

I think clearly the best 2 teams are in the finals - so that is good.

Before saturday I thought the Zags would win easily, I now think Baylor will win. I'm glad I don't bet on these games though, I'm severely conflicted. Like others have said I hope it's close - I think the possibility exists for an all time great game. I do like watching the Zags play - awesome team offense.

At William Hill the line is 4.5 and 105 both ways. You rarely see that.

Don’t think there’s much correlation between semi-final scores and scores in the final. I mean Kansas beat Marquette by 40 in 03 and we saw how that turned out. I think Gonzaga wins by 5-10 points. Too much stock is being put into Saturday’s result.

Don’t think there’s much correlation between semi-final scores and scores in the final. I mean Kansas beat Marquette by 40 in 03 and we saw how that turned out. I think Gonzaga wins by 5-10 points. Too much stock is being put into Saturday’s result.
Gonzaga is favored by 4.5. What were u expecting the line to be?

Gonzaga is favored by 4.5. What were u expecting the line to be?

It’s what I expected it to be. Maybe would have guessed 5.5. My point was I am seeing a lot of experts/others make predictions on this game based on what happened Saturday and throw previous results out the window. Sure Baylor handled Houston, but they were also in a dogfight with a beat up and average Villanova team just a week ago. I still think Gonzaga wins this matchup 7 times out of 10. Baylor is clearly the next best team and anything can happen in one game.

It’s what I expected it to be. Maybe would have guessed 5.5. My point was I am seeing a lot of experts/others make predictions on this game based on what happened Saturday and throw previous results out the window. Sure Baylor handled Houston, but they were also in a dogfight with a beat up and average Villanova team just a week ago. I still think Gonzaga wins this matchup 7 times out of 10. Baylor is clearly the next best team and anything can happen in one game.
Interesting cuz I'm seeing the opposite. Whether it's ESPN, VSIN, this board, other outlets, I'm hearing very few people make the case for Baylor. It's amazed me how many have been sleeping on Baylor for a while now. I watch them play and I see the most complete team in the country - three point shooting, guard play, defense, depth etc. I guess we'll know for sure in about eight hours.

I had both teams in the final game, and I went with Baylor. I think if Baylor wins I win some coin, but the two people ahead of me also picked Baylor. Not sure where I stand if Gonzaga wins.

All that aside, I too want a good game and I expect it. Wouldn't be sad if Gonzaga won it though.

JB’s fishing pal cuts down the nets with no real sweating as Zags pull away early in second half.
Zags-91
Bears-74

Interesting cuz I'm seeing the opposite. Whether it's ESPN, VSIN, this board, other outlets, I'm hearing very few people make the case for Baylor. It's amazed me how many have been sleeping on Baylor for a while now. I watch them play and I see the most complete team in the country - three point shooting, guard play, defense, depth etc. I guess we'll know for sure in about eight hours.

I think the game is going to come down to rebounding. Baylor gets a lot of second chance points, but Gonzaga gives up very few offensive rebounds. On the other end Baylor struggles to defensive rebound and Gonzaga gets a lot of offensive rebounds themself. Gonzaga has the 2 best players in Timme and Suggs too. Baylor obviously has more depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom