NCAA President Mark Emmert stepping down no later than 2023 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA President Mark Emmert stepping down no later than 2023

I think there will be some. Organization will seem less tone deaf if nothing else. In a world where sound bites win, he was horrible in that respect.
He sucked

Won’t matter nor change anything in the ncaa.
Probably some lackey will replace him, maintain mostly status quo.

New guy will make his mark on something but the rest will remain the same

As long as they do not hire the current sec commissioner or anyone associated with the sec there might be slight improvement.

Season 1 Paolo GIF by Friends

I think there will be some. Organization will seem less tone deaf if nothing else. In a world where sound bites win, he was horrible in that respect.
That's...more than fair.

President of NCAA, director/board member for 3 public companies. Maybe he's been too busy cashing out free options to handle the NCAA stuff ya know. Good riddance.

He will go down as one of the most incompetent hacks of all time. He is as dumb as a mud fence post.

As I posted on the b-ball board, he did his job perfectly. He took all the heat that should have been aimed at the member schools.

He will go down as one of the most incompetent hacks of all time. He is as dumb as a mud fence post.
Following the blowhard idiot Myles Brand made his job tougher, and he failed.

ESPN has a roundtable on the future of the NCA with Emmert retiring.

The best quote: "Mark Schlabach: The toothpaste is out of the tube and it's not going back in. For years, I've been told that major college sports is headed toward another major division break, between the big boys in college football and the have-nots, and it's probably going to happen sooner rather than later. If the Power 5 conferences want to allow the NCAA to stage national basketball tournaments and championships in other sports, that's about the only way I can see a significantly relevant NCAA surviving."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom