NCAA Tourney Sites for 2017 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Tourney Sites for 2017

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
It sets up nicely for us with Buffalo a first round site and the Eastern Regional at MSG. We could theoretically get to the Final Four without leaving New York. I am sure Doug Gottlieb will be thrilled if that happens.

2017 HOST ROUND SITE VENUE

March 14, 15 Dayton First Four Dayton, Ohio UD Arena
March 16, 18 MAAC First, Second Buffalo, N.Y. First Niagara Center
March 16, 18 Marquette First, Second Milwaukee BMO Harris Bradley Center
March 16, 18 UCF, Stetson First, Second Orlando, Fla. Amway Center
March 16, 18 Utah First, Second Salt Lake City EnergySolutions Arena
March 17, 19 ACC First, Second Greensboro, N.C. Greensboro Coliseum
March 17, 19 Horizon, IUPUI First, Second Indianapolis Bankers Life Fieldhouse
March 17, 19 Tulsa First, Second Tulsa, Okla. BOK Center
March 17, 19 CSU Sacramento First, Second Sacramento, Calif. Entertainment and Sports Center
March 23, 25 Big 12 Midwest Regional Kansas City Sprint Center
March 23,25 Pac-12 West Regional San Jose, Calif. SAP Center
March 24, 26 Memphis South Regional Memphis, Tenn. FedExForum
March 24, 26 St. John's, Big East East Regional New York Madison Square Garden

If you are game for it, you can buy premium tickets to the games in Buffalo (the NCAA Fan Experience) now for only $525.50 per ticket. Yes, the NCAA has institutionalized scalping, cutting out the middle man. At least for pre-pre-sales...

Or sign up for the pre-sale so you will be notified when tickets go on sale.

http://www.ncaa.com/tickets/basketball-men/d1

Last edited:
You forgot one...

April 1,3 Final Four Glendale, AZ University of Phoenix Stadium

phx-final-four-logo.jpg

We won't get MSG next year. Duke is going to be scary good next year.

We will definitely be in contention for Buffalo though.

Well if we don't go to the East regional, I vote for the Midwest at the Sprint Center - as long as we make it that far :) I could handle a couple games 30 minutes from my apartment.

Maybe it is my orange colored glasses, but we could be scary good next year, too. If MR comes back, this could be a special team. A guard rotation of Battle, MR and Howard; a forward rotation of Lydon, Roberson and Moyer; and a center rotation of Chukwu and Coleman; sounds pretty solid to me. Of course it is all about incremental improvement and chemistry, but we may be adding others to the mix, but I like that rotation, and I think they could compete with anyone.

Maybe it is my orange colored glasses, but we could be scary good next year, too. If MR comes back, this could be a special team. A guard rotation of Battle, MR and Howard; a forward rotation of Lydon, Roberson and Moyer; and a center rotation of Chukwu and Coleman; sounds pretty solid to me. Of course it is all about incremental improvement and chemistry, but we may be adding others to the mix, but I like that rotation, and I think they could compete with anyone.
Duke has Allen, Jefferson, Kennard, and the TOP 2 recruits in the nation. Duke will be ten deep next year with scary NBA talent.
They are the class of the ACC and nation next year. Duke will get Greensboro/MSG next year. We could get Buffalo for sure though and then Memphis/Kansas City/San Jose.

Duke has Allen, Jefferson, Kennard, and the TOP 2 recruits in the nation. Duke will be ten deep next year with scary NBA talent.
They are the class of the ACC and nation next year. Duke will get Greensboro/MSG next year. We could get Buffalo for sure though and then Memphis/Kansas City/San Jose.
I know they will have talent, but there are so many intangibles that go in to a successful season, I am not ready to concede anything, and I hope the team's mentality is that they are the best team in the country and they can beat anyone.

We could get it if we finish say 4th or 5th in the ACC

If we aren't a top 3 ACC team we could be in the same region as Duke in the MSG region.

I just see Syracuse being in another region. Top 4 ACC teams right now are looking like
Duke then Virginia/Syracuse/North Carolina in any order.

Who says Allen is coming back? I wouldn't concede them, or anyone else a #1 seed

Who says Allen is coming back? I wouldn't concede them, or anyone else a #1 seed
Allen is coming back and the talent Duke has next year is Kentucky level with good upperclassman and an actual good coach.

Duke will be a 1 seed next year. Syracuse will be really good next year and we could get Buffalo but Duke will be the preseason 1 or 2 in pretty much every poll.

Disagree. We know we have two studs with Lydon and Richardson whom I think are better than Allen and Kennard. You are then banking on the fact that the top 2 recruits will play that way. That doesn't always happen. Look at Chase Jeter, Skal at UK, etc... Just because they are top recruits doesn't mean they will produce at a high level year 1. Mal and Lydon weren't top 10 recruits and had a great season. We also have two good players coming in.

Duke will get MSG, they'll be absolutely loaded. I'm pretty bullish on us if everyone comes back and think we can very well be a 2 or 3 seed but I'd want to be as far away from Duke in the bracket as possible. Let 5 other teams try and beat them before we have to.

I agree Duke is loaded. But I agree with the others, it looks very possible there will be 4 ACC schools seeded ahead of us. There is a real chance we could get MSG, especially if the ACC ends up with 5 teams seeded in the top 16.

Disagree. We know we have two studs with Lydon and Richardson whom I think are better than Allen and Kennard. You are then banking on the fact that the top 2 recruits will play that way. That doesn't always happen. Look at Chase Jeter, Skal at UK, etc... Just because they are top recruits doesn't mean they will produce at a high level year 1. Mal and Lydon weren't top 10 recruits and had a great season. We also have two good players coming in.
Allen was first team all-ACC this year. I agree Richardson is better than Kennard but you underrate Grayson Allen who is a punk and dirty but can play.

Duke isn't bringing in 2 top 10 recruits they are bringing in the number 1 and 2 OVERALL recruits. This Giles kid from NC is scary good. They are also keeping Amile Jefferson who is a perfect college role player big.

Duke is going to be a top 4 team IMO. Syracuse is going to be a top 10-20 team. I am okay if we get Buffalo and then let the dice roll the second weekend.

Well we don't know that Malachi is back. And it's kind of weird to say on one hand that we don't know the top 2 ranked players in the country will be really good next year at the same time we're saying our 2 freshmen are good players.

I feel like the #1 and #2 recruits are pretty much always really good. Obviously you never know what's going to happen, but I think Duke is pretty safe to project as a 1 seed right now. Then again, Skal was the #2 in RSCI last year? top 2 the last few years

2015: Ben Simmons, Skal
2014: Okafor, Mudiay
2013: Wiggins, Randle
2012: Shabazz, Noel
2011: Anthony Davis, Austin Rivers

It's a pretty good hit rate. Like I said, Duke is a pretty safe team to project for a 1. I agree we shouldn't hand it to them or anything like that, but if I had to pick one team to be a 1 right now, I think I'd go with them.

. They are also keeping Amile Jefferson who is a perfect college role player big.

Has Jefferson's redshirt request been granted by the NCAA?

Even if it hasn't, I'm sure that the NCAA will rubber stamp a request made by Duke.

I find it hard to believe we'll get MSG unless we are gifted the region as a 3 or 4 seed.

Teams like Villanova, Duke, maybe UVA, maybe UNC will be ahead of us. We basically have to win the ACC, IMO, or would have to hope Memphis is the location for the other ACC top teams...

And I expect us to be good if Mal/Lydon are back, but I don't think we'll be great. We'll still be very limited offensively.

Buffalo has to be the goal. no choice there. you know nova will be there in buffalo, so we need to be top seed along nova in buffalo

I agree Duke is loaded. But I agree with the others, it looks very possible there will be 4 ACC schools seeded ahead of us. There is a real chance we could get MSG, especially if the ACC ends up with 5 teams seeded in the top 16.

Could you imagine a Syracuse-Duke Regional Final at MSG??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom