NCst the never too early for a tailgate thread thread (mods plz pin) | Syracusefan.com

NCst the never too early for a tailgate thread thread (mods plz pin)

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Well now that there appears to be some renewed enthusiasm for the goings on on the field so too for the FINE MESS tailgates. Wanted to get an early thread going to start to put together numbers for the NCst. tailgate next weekend after this weekend at Clemson.

Mrs. Cuseregular and I will be heading up the festivities this time around and I'll need another grill master (or two depending on numbers) to help along (thanks Tomcat). The Gods are with us it appears and with some improved football fortunes we're blessed with an afternoon game so out goes the breakfast tailgate and in comes the afternoon/lunch themed one. Yeehaaaa!

Anyway I've heard the format of using wristbands with the idomnitable Lincolncuse manning the money bag has worked very well so we'll stick with that. It will be the same $5/head for those just eating and $10/head for those eating and drinking. I'll be bringing a full cooler or two with beer soda water and will provide the necessary condiments, plates, cups, utensils (though anyone with extras that normally bring this stuff feel free to bring as back ups....not you though Jeremycuse you're OFF that weekend to do nothing but to relax and enjoy for once).

Food lineup so far will be a heaping tray full of the wifes legendary "heart attack on a plate" pasta dish with Italian bread along with platters of Gianelli sausage with broccolirappe italian style (roasted red peppers/garlic/ n olive oil) with crusty bread, me making my Wisconsin beer basted brats (45) along with of course coneys n dogs (50 of each) and burgers(50). I'll need someone hopefully to step up with some desserts of some type and I'll likely do some cheese, crackers, meats type of app platters to get the ball rolling (with chips pretzels dip too). Just added too with the help of GOSU96 will be the perfect compliment to the brats and dogs with some warm onion slaw to slather those babies with! Yumm.

So if you're going to be able to attend (looks like we're just north of 60 now) please let me know with a response here so as to start to get numbers to help with the planning of this. Thanks all and lets go Orange!

Last edited:
Well now that there appears to be some renewed enthusiasm for the goings on on the field so too for the FINE MESS tailgates. Wanted to get an early thread going to start to put together numbers for the NCst. tailgate next weekend after this weekend at Clemson.

Mrs. Cuseregular and I will be heading up the festivities this time around and I'll need another grill master (or two depending on numbers) to help along. The Gods are with us it appears and with some improved football fortunes we're blessed with an afternoon game so out goes the breakfast tailgate and in comes the afternoon/lunch themed one. Yeehaaaa!

Anyway I've heard the format of using wristbands with the idomnitable Lincolncuse manning the money bag has worked very well so we'll stick with that. It will be the same $5/head for those just eating and $10/head for those eating and drinking. I'll be bringing a full cooler or two with beer soda water and will provide the necessary condiments, plates, cups, utensils (though anyone with extras that normally bring this stuff feel free to bring as back ups...not you though Jeremycuse you're OFF that weekend to do nothing but to relax and enjoy for once).

Food lineup so far will be the wifes legendary "heart attack on a plate" pasta dish along with platters of Gianelli sausage and broccolirappe italian style with crusty bread, me making my beer basted brats along with of course coneys dogs and burgers. I'll need someone hopefully to step up with some desserts of some type and I'll likely do some cheese, crackers, meats type of app platters to get the ball rolling (with chips pretzels dip too).

So if you're going to be able to attend please let me know with a response here so as to start to get numbers to help with the planning of this. Thanks all and lets go Orange! (nice to have some renewed hope for football!).
I will help however you decide to use me. Can bring a dessert (maybe Harrison bakery half moon cookies), bring my grill (I am anxious to use my new Wayne Williams model), whatever is needed. Anway, sign me up for 2 so far...

Last edited:
I'm in for somewhere between 2 and 10 depending on how responsive my Southern Tier contingent is to this thread! Will finalize for you in the next few days.

AccuRater in for 2.

This will be our first tailgate. Where can we find tailgate "Basics"? We can bring beer and/or food. Who do we contact? Parking? Directions?

AccuRater in for 2.

This will be our first tailgate. Where can we find tailgate "Basics"? We can bring beer and/or food. Who do we contact? Parking? Directions?

If it is your first...you can just show up and pay at the door. Another option is to see the list of items needed and volunteer to bring something. However, if you volunteer to get something you would be expected to get there early. Do you have parking figured out?

If it is your first...you can just show up and pay at the door. Another option is to see the list of items needed and volunteer to bring something. However, if you volunteer to get something you would be expected to get there early. Do you have parking figured out?

Thanks, Mark.

1. Don't have parking figured out. We can bring food and/or craft beer. Our crockpot jambalaya is pretty good. I guess the list of needed items will be posted? How early if we bring food?

Mrs. Cuseregular and I will be heading up the festivities this time around and I'll need another grill master (or two depending on numbers) to help along. The Gods are with us it appears and with some improved football fortunes we're blessed with an afternoon game so out goes the breakfast tailgate and in comes the afternoon/lunch themed one. Yeehaaaa!

Anyway I've heard the format of using wristbands with the idomnitable Lincolncuse manning the money bag has worked very well so we'll stick with that. It will be the same $5/head for those just eating and $10/head for those eating and drinking. I'll be bringing a full cooler or two with beer soda water and will provide the necessary condiments, plates, cups, utensils (though anyone with extras that normally bring this stuff feel free to bring as back ups...not you though Jeremycuse you're OFF that weekend to do nothing but to relax and enjoy for once).

Food lineup so far will be the wifes legendary "heart attack on a plate" pasta dish along with platters of Gianelli sausage with broccolirappe italian style with crusty bread, me making my beer basted brats along with of course coneys dogs and burgers. I'll need someone hopefully to step up with some desserts of some type and I'll likely do some cheese, crackers, meats type of app platters to get the ball rolling (with chips pretzels dip too).

So if you're going to be able to attend please let me know with a response here so as to start to get numbers to help with the planning of this. Thanks all and lets go Orange! (nice to have some renewed hope for football!).

Good to see the Godfather chef of the finelot back in the saddle. If you need me and the better half to bring a dessert or a side just let us know.

Thanks, Mark.

1. Don't have parking figured out. We can bring food and/or craft beer. Our crockpot jambalaya is pretty good. I guess the list of needed items will be posted? How early if we bring food?
if you guys get you're parking figured out and it's an easy deal for you guys to get over to us with stuff then good and bring your Jamba and crafty beer (that Jambalaya sound great). But if, on the other hand and one of the reasons we created this, if it's too difficult to get things there then pay the cash for each person and don't worry about it. We'll have ample supplies and you make the call and let me know.

if you guys get you're parking figured out and it's an easy deal for you guys to get over to us with stuff then good and bring your Jamba and crafty beer (that Jambalaya sound great). But if, on the other hand and one of the reasons we created this, if it's too difficult to get things there then pay the cash for each person and don't worry about it. We'll have ample supplies and you make the call and let me know.
I'm working a 3-way parking/tix deal for him through cuseguy and jcuse.

The Fine Mess Parking Option Map

Anyone have any additions or corrections let me know...Thx

Attachments

• Fine Mess Cuse Parking.pdf
    424.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
The Fine Mess Parking Option Map

Anyone have any additions or corrections let me know...Thx

Parked at MLK free a few games ago. Easy enough, little sketchy but fine during the day.

Parked at MLK free a few games ago. Easy enough, little sketchy but fine during the day.
Did you park in the back of the school (closest to I-81)? Did anyone collect money?

Did you park in the back of the school (closest to I-81)? Did anyone collect money?

Yes, parked in the back of the school right by 81. We arrived early to attend fine mess. It was a nooner so we were the first car there and no one was there to collect money. After the game a woman was watching the gate, so I am assuming they collected money closer to gametime.

Trick or treating in Jersey the night before. so I'm glad it's a 3:00 start. I hope to get up in time to tailgate. Put me down for 1 (hopefully).

Two here!

Beer count
31 beer. I will add to that. Got it covered.

58 soda

46 water

Will be iced down and ready to go!
cool Justin sounds like you got most of the beverages covered, great. I'll just bring another cooler of beer and we should be all set with drinks. Tomcat thanks for offering and how about you break in that new grill and be the burger meister? Thanks man. I'll bring the burgs (with cheese slices) to cook (probably around 40 right now, could you bring 40 buns?). On my grill I'm going to be doing the brats, dogs and coneys and will need to heat up the pasta and sausage dishes I'm sure a bit.

I plan on getting there around 11:15, and will try and set up a heated tent if the conditions allow, which is going to be fun with the horrendous weather predicted right now. The wind may not allow this to happen so we'll see. I'll get the apps cheese/pepperonini/ crackers, chips/pretzels and dips set up, get the grill fired up and dogs/brats/coneys going, will give the burgers to Tomcat to get going around noon and the wife will be showing up right around then with the trays of food.

Will of course get the table of condiments, plates, etc up and hopefully things stay put. Going to be an interesting day...

Last edited:
cool Justin sounds like you got most of the beverages covered, great. I'll just bring another cooler of beer and we should be all set with drinks. Tomcat thanks for offering and how about you break in that new grill and be the burger meister? Thanks man. I'll bring the burgs (with cheese slices) to cook (probably around 40 right now, could you bring 40 buns?). On my grill I'm going to be doing the brats, dogs and coneys and will need to heat up the pasta and sausage dishes I'm sure a bit.

I plan on getting there around 11:15, and will try and set up a heated tent if the conditions allow, which is going to be fun with the horrendous weather predicted right now. The wind may not allow this to happen so we'll see. I'll get the apps cheese/pepperonini/ crackers, chips/pretzels and dips set up, get the grill fired up and dogs/brats/coneys going, will give the burgers to Tomcat to get going around noon and the wife will be showing up right around then with the trays of food.

Will of course get the table of condiments, plates, etc up and hopefully things stay put. Going to be an interesting day...
I will bring the new Wayne Williams jumbo model grill and about 40 hamburger buns. Should be there by noon. If you need anything else, please let me know.