ND new ESPNU Darling? | Syracusefan.com

ND new ESPNU Darling?

Do they have the field mics away from the ND bench like they do for Petro?
Not sure but never understood why the ACC didn't invite Johns Hopkins as an associate member.

Assuming ESPNU has all the ACC games, that results in at least four ESPNU games for each ACC team.

Notre Dame has an enormous following? For college lacrosse? Have they ever even finished in the top ten in the country in attendance?
Arlotta doesn't have the capacity as most other big programs but they fill up and draw well for their location. They have stands behind the bench and then a hill across that fills up with students and others.

Arlotta doesn't have the capacity as most other big programs but they fill up and draw well for their location. They have stands behind the bench and then a hill across that fills up with students and others.
Agreed...they draw decent to very good for big games in passable weather.

Wouldn't read to much into this, SU is usually on ESPNU 3+ times a year as well and probably will be again this year. The ND Game, JHU and UVA are probably locks with Duke and the UNC game not far behind. Maybe even an outside shot at SU/Albany but I wouldn't count on that one.

Wouldn't read to much into this, SU is usually on ESPNU 3+ times a year as well and probably will be again this year. The ND Game, JHU and UVA are probably locks with Duke and the UNC game not far behind. Maybe even an outside shot at SU/Albany but I wouldn't count on that one.
It looks like SU/JHU won't make ESPNU this year. Hopefully it will be ESPN2.

It looks like SU/JHU won't make ESPNU this year. Hopefully it will be ESPN2.

That game has been televised for at least a decade, Id be shocked if it wasn't on TV.

Arlotta has 2500 seats. The biggest crowd they have ever had there is 4522. Syracuse averages more than their biggest crowd ever most years.

Good idea to have such a small facility for a program with so few fans.

UND.COM :: The Official Site of Notre Dame Athletics

Arlotta has 2500 seats. The biggest crowd they have ever had there is 4522. Syracuse averages more than their biggest crowd ever most years.

Good idea to have such a small facility for a program with so few fans.

UND.COM :: The Official Site of Notre Dame Athletics
You're, of course, right. Arlotta is the smallest. The Dome is obviously the biggest; Fetzer Field (UNC) and Koskinen Stadium ( uke) both have had total crowds of 7,000; and Klockner Stadium has had an 8,000 total. The ND site says the max is 4,500.

This story has more to do about the state of Syracuse lax than ND lax.
Perhaps even more to do with the state of Hopkins lax.
Looking at preseason polls: FO - #5 Denver, #6 ND, #9 Syracuse, #11 JHU
The article sounds like another Hopkins' fan whining. He doesn't know for sure that JHU-Syracuse won't be broadcast.
It's nice to talk about stadium attendance, and many will be in the dome for the JHU game, but here we are talking about nationwide TV appeal. Notre Dame has a large TV appeal. Lax equipment seems like a major advertiser on these games; kids in CO, CA, TX, ... need equipment too.

Notre Dame definitely gets a lot of favoritism, and that is why many of us can't stand them. Nothin' new.

All this made me want to check our schedule for broadcast notations. The only games that have one so far are @ ND (ESPNU) and hosting JHU (ESPNU).

The article sounds like another Hopkins' fan whining. He doesn't know for sure that JHU-Syracuse won't be broadcast.
It's nice to talk about stadium attendance, and many will be in the dome for the JHU game, but here we are talking about nationwide TV appeal. Notre Dame has a large TV appeal. Lax equipment seems like a major advertiser on these games; kids in CO, CA, TX, ... need equipment too.

Notre Dame definitely gets a lot of favoritism, and that is why many of us can't stand them. Nothin' new.
That sounds true. I just remember when Syracuse Lax was the equivalent of Bama football or Kentucky basketball. I guess those days are over.

If we bump the Hopkins game from 1 PM to Noon, ESPNU can have a nice juicy double header.

Quint can stay in the studio and cover both of them. ;)

I think the TV audience for college lacrosse is different than the one for college football. People watch college lacrosse games because they love lacrosse. Syracuse is, with the possible exception of Hopkins, the biggest name in college lacrosse. Notre Dame is not in the top 5, probably not in the top 10.

I have nothing to go by but my own perceptions but I can't see where Notre Dame is going to get better national ratings than Syracuse. For football, yes. For basketball, maybe. For lacrosse? Not a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom