ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ND, Wake, UNC and FSU Games Postponed / Pitt rescheduled

After getting a taste of Kadary Richmond playing bball, I feel like those old MTV commercials (yes, I'm dating myself), where the band members come on and say; "I want my MTV"!
"I want my Kadary Richmond"! Call your cable provider now"!

Im guessing yes, the statement from JW doesnt mention going on pause

More practice time could benefit some guys with conditioning to make up for the time missed in Nov and get the team out of the 3 pt shooting funk
ADJW statement does say B-ball activities are paused. It wouldn’t make sense to practice until all contract tracing is complete.

So true. My birthday is next week. As a kid, I never had a birthday party. My birthday always got lost between Christmas and New Year's Eve.
Um, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEXT WEEK! Hooray!

The fact that we don't have a basketball game to watch tomorrow night is really disappointing. During these times, things like SU sports brings a smile to my face and I look forward to it. That's even when I know SU football is playing. I'll tell ya, that game against Northeastern was just wonderful entertainment. Just me, a six-pack, kids in bed, wife watching holiday movies, and Cuse finding somehow to win. Also great to see Boheim coaching a bit differently. 6-1

So let's talk about the Wake Forest and UNC games and whether Syracuse might be allowed to play.

My understanding of the latest CDC recommendations is that if you are exposed to COVID, the earliest you can break quarantine is 7 days from the exposure.

This is contingent on getting tested 5 days after exposure, and of course, you need to have no symptoms during that week of quarantine.

I think NYS uses stricter, maybe more outdated guidelines.

The Wake and UNC games are being played in North Carolina. I think NYS rules are therefore not applicable for either game.

If the team is tested 5 days after exposure (that would be Thursday, Christmas Eve), and if everyone passes those tests, and if no one has any symptoms through Saturday, is there a possibility they can play Wake?

I don't think they have canceled either game yet, so I am thinking the answer is yes. Anyone know for sure?

Ask and you will receive. Hope NYS embraces science here and allows the players to play. Politicians and crappy doctors paid by them with no special expertise should not overrule the experts in these situations.

This is not the Middle Ages. Pay attention to what the CDC says. Forget about politics and do the right thing.

Was there no contact tracing during football season? We had to have had football players who got Covid or who were exposed, right? Hell, there are 100 guys on the team.

How did all of those games go off without a hitch and the basketball team has played a few games surrounded by huge periods of no practice and now weeks worth of cancelled games.

Something is not computing.

Was there no contact tracing during football season? We had to have had football players who got Covid or who were exposed, right? Hell, there are 100 guys on the team.

How did all of those games go off without a hitch and the basketball team has played a few games surrounded by huge periods of no practice and now weeks worth of cancelled games.

Something is not computing.
The answer is an obvious lack of institutional control on the basketball side. Soon the NCAA will take away another 250 wins from JB.

Damn. Right when it was really starting to feel like basketball season.

I just do not understand the protocol disparity between football and hoops.
Me neither.

I would love if UB could communicate that it was an assistant coach or a player who never got into the game.

In that scenario the exposure to SU would appear minimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom