Nebraska fires Scott Frost / hires Matt Rhule | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska fires Scott Frost / hires Matt Rhule

• Thread starter Deleted member 8116
  • Start date
I wonder what the wording is with these buyout drops. Like if Nebraska said we are firing Frost effective 12/1, can they get around it? Announcing now keeps the fans happy but technically he isn't fired yet and is still coaching the team. It also allows you to find a new HC openly.

Thamel is speculating that they are firing him now to get a new HC in place before the season ends, to not get left behind in recruiting.

But I think that’s nonsense because even if you hire a new permanent coach in the next few weeks, he’s almost certainly going to bring in his own staff. So how do you recruit for next season without knowing what the staff looks like?

Nebraska I believe has only two games between now and the time the buyout number drops. That’s how badly they wanted him out.

You negotiate these things. He isn’t the head coach but perhaps he’s still on payroll until Oct 1st. Or they negotiate some middle ground to walk away. Frost already took a pay cut to stay on this year so he knew he was on the hot seat.

9CCFC1C8-B8F4-46C9-9694-C7FEF6EFE0F2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom