Nebraska fires Scott Frost / hires Matt Rhule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska fires Scott Frost / hires Matt Rhule

• Thread starter Deleted member 8116
  • Start date
I've never liked that fanbase and I like the Big 12 and hate the Big Ten so have enjoyed their demise since leaving but I gained some respect from them watching their fans still being packed in the stands as they lost to Georgia Southern.

Surprised they didn’t wait for the buyout to drop. Keeping Frost til 10/1 wasn’t going to make a difference either way.
Sure it does. With every despicable loss, Frost further tarnished the reputation of the program. Is it worth 7.5mil? Idk, maybe

Retire and enjoy life, but I’m sure he’ll troll around as a coordinator for the next 20 years instead.
I know. Walk away dude. Take the money and stroll. Don't necessarily be a slave to your patterns. Frank Maloney moved into a comfortable and I guess rewarding front office job with the Cubs. Variety is the spice of life and now you've got all the money to see what's in your spice rack (sophomoric analogy, but the idea stands). See what else life has to offer. Be a Bronco Mendenhall.

If you've got the money and don't mind spending i say "why not?". Just get it over with, fire him now and move on.

They’ve got Oklahoma next week. What’s the difference if they lose the game with Frost as HC or an interim?
My son-in-law is an OU fan, his preference would have been that Frost stayed through OU as he would be sure of a victory, now OU may have to earn it.

Nebraska suffered for a while not getting a full B1G share. We'll see who they poach.

I know Frost deserves to get fired, but in the larger picture, Nebraska is chasing a return to glory that may not be available to them.
Right. What's the allure of Lincoln. Can't just win now with just beefy, skilled lineman and superior conditioning. Welcome to the ranks of the rest of us Nebraska. I'm finally beginning to understand that beyond a certain threshold of talent, coaching makes all the difference. Thank you very much Anae, Beck, White et al. Dino is the perfect front man for this. The pieces fit snugly for us. Makes it exciting when we win with less.

I wish I was a bigger person, but I enjoy seeing these behemoth, blue blood programs that expect to win by dint of money, prestige and privilege go down: ATM, Nebraska, Texas, USC (although I liked them w/Carrol), OU, Florida, especially Tenn, ND (Mr. Independent , own TV contract), PSU, Miami and Rutgers (just kidding about RU - I haven't totally lost my mind).

They hire and fire coaches at the drop of a hat, spend millions on player lounges and I love it when they lose and have to stand in front of a mic with their sheepish mea culpa's. "We're going to do a top to bottom reassessment of our program and it's starts with me." Meanwhile later that week they get a paycheck for $200K. Frock them and the blind boosterism they rode in on.

You'll pardon my stridency this Sunday morning.
I like this forum a lot. You all know what I'm talking about in our CFB bubble. Thank you.
See y'all at the Virginia game.

Don't know what Whipple was thinking in leaving Pitt for this job.

They already named their WR coach as interim. Maybe they get lucky and Dabo it. Otherwise new HC comes end of year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom